Version 1.0 (Alpha 22) Dev Diary

14 minutes ago, beerfly said:

Mountain lions and dire wolves in the desert is quite a party for some poor survived hell of who knows what out there soul such as some of us. 

I like that. 

I'm glad I got my wish for cougars in the desert.  Now we need the forest to be more deadly! 😈😈

Coyotes, wolfs, cougars, wolfs, bears oh my

The inclusion of mountain lions, wolves, and dire wolves is a little odd considering the kind of climate they would live in. Not sure what the decision making was behind that choice.

5 minutes ago, Adam the Waster said:

snow or forest? 

Yes to both. Additionally, it would be nice if mountains in both biomes had a "zone" that the game would recognize and spawn cougars in, leaving the rest of the forest and the snow biome to have wolves.

Edited by Arma Rex (see edit history)

10 minutes ago, Arma Rex said:

Yes to both. Additionally, it would be nice if mountains in both biomes had a "zone" that the game would recognize and spawn cougars in, leaving the rest of the forest and the snow biome to have wolves.

I mean cougars live where I live in Florida they're rare but they live in the swamps cougars are also pretty common in the deserts of places like California and Arizona. Will not common but you can at least find them

I would just have almost every animal spawn in the forest just to make that area more difficult because it's way too easy over there well yes you could get more food you could also become food! 

Like imagine raiding  a city and a pack of coyotes are in an alley munching on some garbage and they attack you. Or having a cougars living in some sewer as a cave or something 

Edited by Adam the Waster (see edit history)

29 minutes ago, Arma Rex said:

The inclusion of mountain lions, wolves, and dire wolves is a little odd considering the kind of climate they would live in. Not sure what the decision making was behind that choice.

The cougar lives in all forest types, lowland and mountainous deserts and in open areas with little vegetation up to an elevation of 5,800 m (19,000 ft). Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cougar#Distribution_and_habitat

In modern times, the wolf occurs mostly in wilderness and remote areas. The wolf can be found between sea level and 3,000 m (9,800 ft). Wolves live in forests, inland wetlands, shrublands, grasslands (including Arctic tundra), pastures, deserts, and rocky peaks on mountains.[1] Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wolf#Distribution_and_habitat

So it makes sense for the mountain lion and wolves (and I guess by association dire wolves) to be in the forest, desert and snow biome

And yes, most of the real animals in the game do live in Arizona where the game is set, so no major issues there. Though they've taken some liberties with the bears

Edited by Doomofman (see edit history)

1 hour ago, Doomofman said:

So it makes sense for the mountain lion and wolves (and I guess by association dire wolves) to be in the forest, desert and snow biome

And yes, most of the real animals in the game do live in Arizona where the game is set, so no major issues there. Though they've taken some liberties with the bears

It also makes sense why there's so many. Part of nazegane is a nation park. Not sure what part. My guess Is ether the forest/burnt forest or desert 

1 hour ago, HB_H4wk said:

Be careful as a Whiteclaw may attract a random cougar.

Brother needs a sugar mama! I'll share the goods with yall I swear

Edited by Adam the Waster (see edit history)

18 minutes ago, Adam the Waster said:

It also makes sense why there's so many. Part of nazegane is a nation park. Not sure what part. My guess Is ether the forest/burnt forest or desert 

Funny I actually forgot about that National Park sign. 

Would be cool of sub-biomes could be a thing and there was a forest sub-biome that was a National Park where there's very few POIs, lots of wilderness and lots of animals (though I suppose national parks don't have to be forest IRL)

7 minutes ago, Doomofman said:

Funny I actually forgot about that National Park sign. 

Would be cool of sub-biomes could be a thing and there was a forest sub-biome that was a National Park where there's very few POIs, lots of wilderness and lots of animals (though I suppose national parks don't have to be forest IRL)

Sub biomes would be so cool cough plains biome 

But im interested to see the biome specific changes that FAATAL was talking about.  

Like more biome specific zombies again. Different effects when you enter, like darkness falls, 

Granted some biomes I could see problems with how to make special like the burnt forest 

Radiation everywhere in the wasteland was one concept that was been mentioned, would also slow down those rushing to the wasteland to speed up the game ahead of the story.  If so, this change could wait until the story is launched.

7 hours ago, Thaledwyn said:

Is it intended, that mountain lions now also spawn in dessert biome and give a 100% red loot bag?

Spawning yes, the loot bag no, which was from them extending from the dire wolf and getting their health too. That is fixed.

4 hours ago, Arma Rex said:

I live in AZ and can assure you that there are indeed Mountain Lions

8 hours ago, Thaledwyn said:

Is it intended, that mountain lions now also spawn in dessert biome and give a 100% red loot bag?

I really want to see this new "dessert" biome.  😁

2 hours ago, jetZeds said:

I live in AZ and can assure you that there are indeed Mountain Lions

Worded that poorly, I meant to say that it's odd to have mountain lions and wolves in the desert biome.

2 hours ago, Arma Rex said:

Worded that poorly, I meant to say that it's odd to have mountain lions and wolves in the desert biome.

About Mountain Lions in Arizona:

"These majestic creatures are native to the state and are found in various regions including mountainous areas, forests, and deserts."

And if you also search for Wolves in Arizona, same kind of story, Search it and you'll find many pictures of wolves in the Arizona desert.