The Dishong Tower Challenge, updated for Alpha 21

Hells_Janitor

18 hours ago, RESiDENT said:

Hello, a great idea for fashion!
But I think it is not passable, there are too many random things (safes, lockers, their number is random) the lack of the possibility of farming on a bloody night, the constant fear that zombies will demolish the 1st floor and the building will collapse. It does not work to repair the building, you need a very large level for this. I suggest adding traps and Molotov cocktails to the boxes or some loot, adding boxes with beds or putting somewhere higher beds for the base (VERY LITTLE LAND for creating beds and growing food) Add a box at least 1 with frames to fix the 1st floor.
1) leave it as it is and add boxes
2) change so that not only the boxes are updated, but the entire floor is updated (including all the decorations)
3) add 3 more to the new building (square) 1 building is connected by 2 cranes from different sides the following buildings are connected by a bridge on the 1st floor (so that each time it was necessary to walk the whole building entirely) and you have a choice to appear after passing 1 building, you had a choice which building to go to. And turn off the recovery of production

Wait! Hold up!
You mean to tell me, when I played on Insane/nightmare/feralsense on the wasteland map, and I was only about 13 forge ahead books away from unlocking the crucible to craft steel on day 16, and had already unlocked the gyrocopter recipe, before I unfortunately died in combat (I wasn't hungry and thirsty).
I was doing the impossible?

I can assure you this challenge is extremely possible, as is!

13 hours ago, FranticDan said:

Wait! Hold up!
You mean to tell me, when I played on Insane/nightmare/feralsense on the wasteland map, and I was only about 13 forge ahead books away from unlocking the crucible to craft steel on day 16, and had already unlocked the gyrocopter recipe, before I unfortunately died in combat (I wasn't hungry and thirsty).
I was doing the impossible?

I can assure you this challenge is extremely possible, as is!

Well said Dan.

Although, you still haven't beaten it, have you? 😜

6 hours ago, FranticDan said:

Только потому, что я играю на максимальных настройках (и спринтерская скорость казалась мне обманом).

ВЫ победили на максимальных настройках?;)

is it possible to see how you play at maximum difficulty?

• 4 weeks later...

I know we can play however we want, but somewhere the instructions say to leave everything at default, but you can bump up horde zombies.  What I noticed when I went through the settings was that zombie respawn time was set at 3 days and shown in yellow.  The default shows as 7 days.  Was there a reason this was set to 3 or was it a glitch in my download.  I know I can set it to anything I want, but I was wondering if there was a reason for the 3 days. 

6 hours ago, gwensparkle said:

I know we can play however we want, but somewhere the instructions say to leave everything at default, but you can bump up horde zombies.  What I noticed when I went through the settings was that zombie respawn time was set at 3 days and shown in yellow.  The default shows as 7 days.  Was there a reason this was set to 3 or was it a glitch in my download.  I know I can set it to anything I want, but I was wondering if there was a reason for the 3 days. 

Just a glitch in your download. You can adjust it safely to whatever setting you like. :)

1 hour ago, Hells_Janitor said:

Just a glitch in your download. You can adjust it safely to whatever setting you like. :)

Thanks.  I'll reset it to the default 7.  I'm going with all defaults except for playing on Warrior.  I did this challenge back in 16 or 17 when people were doing it so this will be interesting.  It has a bit of a different feel to it, but that's fine with me because it won't be a straight repeat.  :)

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Danzo said:

Is there any way to quickly restart the challenge? Without constantly recreating the world? Or add this function.

Not sure I understand "recreate the world". If you're using the correct maps that are bundled with the mod, you can just restart from the main menu with the same world. (shouldn't take that long to reload a world).

If you mean you want to stay in the same game/save that you last died in, but reset it back to day one and reset the POI and your character, then yes, that *may* be possible. I'm not sure how I would implement that, but it might be doable, or, if TFP ever gets their "permanent death" function working like a true permadeath, it'll definitely be possible.

• 3 weeks later...

for some reason when i kill zombies and loot bags drop they are all empty - tried two separate worlds and same thing and when you open creative menu there's literally no items in the game except acid and some concrete blocks

6 minutes ago, RyanNock said:

for some reason when i kill zombies and loot bags drop they are all empty - tried two separate worlds and same thing and when you open creative menu there's literally no items in the game except acid and some concrete blocks

The loot bags being empty is an unfortunate side effect of the functionality of the loot drops - it's perfectly normal.

The creative menu is disabled by design to prevent cheating :)

• 1 month later...
On 2/16/2024 at 11:55 PM, VooDoo said:

iv been trying to d/l this for a few days but they keel failing..

is there a better link i can use??

thank you

voodoo

hmmm - puzzling. I don't currently have another site for downloading the mod, unfortunately.

I'll add that to my "to-do" list :)

Hi, having trouble with setting up Dishong tower Challenge on Host Havoc. Do I copy the Dishong-Tower-Challenge-main folder in their Mods folder or do I need to go into Dishong-Tower-Challenge-main and grab the files that are inside the Dishong-Tower-Challenge-main/Mods folder and upload only those? I have a ticket open with Host havoc but they think I need to find instructions from the Mod to do this. Is there a file I can read for adding this to a hosts server?

Thanks for your help.

12 hours ago, StephenTube said:

Hi, having trouble with setting up Dishong tower Challenge on Host Havoc. Do I copy the Dishong-Tower-Challenge-main folder in their Mods folder or do I need to go into Dishong-Tower-Challenge-main and grab the files that are inside the Dishong-Tower-Challenge-main/Mods folder and upload only those? I have a ticket open with Host havoc but they think I need to find instructions from the Mod to do this. Is there a file I can read for adding this to a hosts server?

Thanks for your help.

Folder structure should be \Mods\[mod folders]. Basically, just copy/upload the \Mods folder and its contents to your server host.

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, StephenTube said:

I got the server up and running, thanks for the help, but my next question is I turned off zombie sleeper respawns but they keep respawning. Is there a property I can add to the server Host to make sure they stay off?

Without knowing your server host/provider, it'll be difficult to tell you. I'm not entirely sure that the client settings would even override the server respawn settings anyway, and I'm not sure why you'd want to.

You need respawns on because the zombies drop loot bags for crafting magazines. Without zombie respawns it'll be nigh impossible to complete the challenge.

I'm newbie in modding, can't do much exept some very simple stuff, wish i could help you with this mod... :D

Lost a lot of time trying to bring that yellow color back on wallTorchLightPlayer block, and the only way i manage to bring it back is by replacing existing block. lol

I added this in your block.xml :

<remove xpath="//block[@name='wallTorchLightPlayer']"/>

<block name="wallTorchLightPlayer">
            <property name="Extends" value="wallTorchLight"/>
            <property name="CreativeMode" value="Player"/>
            <property name="Class" value="TorchHeatMap"/> 
            <property name="HeatMapStrength" value="1"/>
            <property name="HeatMapTime" value="4000"/>
            <property name="CustomIcon" value="wallTorchLight"/>
            <property name="DescriptionKey" value="torchPlayerGroupDesc"/>
            <property name="Stacknumber" value="50"/>
            <property name="Model" value="Entities/Lighting/torch_wall_playerPrefab"/>
            <property name="WaterFlow" value="permitted"/>
            <property name="StabilitySupport" value="false"/>
            <property name="SortOrder1" value="B202"/>
            <property name="SortOrder2" value="3102"/>
            <property name="FilterTags" value="MC_playerBlocks,SC_electrical"/>
        </block>

Now you can pick it with 'E' and it glow yellow like it should, but of course buff gone, have no idea how to add it to this block now. Whatever i do i got bunch of errors, classic. :)

Just got a question. The description said there was 1 trader? I've gotten to the roof and feel like I scoured the building but I can't find them. Lol. Are they still in the mod, or nah?