Nobody wants to help me : ( I don't know what to do anymore.

Did you take his advice and join their discord? You would probably have the best chance of finding people who know about modding SMX there. The discord link in that thread is https://discord.com/invite/6P67kJP

I would say it's not that people don't want to help but rather there aren't that many people that do modding (relative to players), and even fewer that use SMX. And people who do modding have their own mods to work on.

I've never used SMX so can't help with that, but I looked at your other topic and noticed all those "did not apply" errors. In my experience that means you're trying to change something that doesn't exist, which is often an error in the xpath string where it doesn't lead to a node (like a missing slash, or mispelled node level).

3 hours ago, Noisy Pants said:

What forum do I go to, to possibly get help from someone? I hate getting treated like dirt, yes I am mentally disable, yet there may be one day I come across a kind soul.

I'm lost. What kind of help did you need? I don't know where the original conversation is to be found.

Is it this one?

If so, while I'd love to be able to help, I have no idea what the answer is. I've never messed with the UI stuff.

Edited by zztong (see edit history)

I posted this in frustration which isn't an excuse, I apologize. The quote was to show how the majority of people are busy and I had no idea where exactly to find help. I struggle understanding instantly thus people get short with me and cut me off. I've been struggling to get this to work for a week an a half. Errors is all I'm getting and I'm not smart enough to figure out what I'm doing wrong.

Hi Noisy Pants

I have looked at your mod and I fixed the error you have with crafting_category_list, the game loads correctly, but when the character enters the world it gives me a toolbelt error related to SMX.
I have checked that SMX works up to this version A21.0B317, I don't know which version you have, but it is possible that the A21.1 B16 has modified something that causes incompatibility.
I don't know, it's just a thought.
Check my solution and see if it works for you without the error it gives me. 
This is the solution for the Error, delete these lines. (Make a backup before.)

<insertAfter xpath="/ui_display_info/crafting_category_display/crafting_category_list[@display_type='forge']">

</insertAfter>

Regards
Gouki

On 8/28/2023 at 4:45 PM, seven said:

Did you take his advice and join their discord? You would probably have the best chance of finding people who know about modding SMX there. The discord link in that thread is https://discord.com/invite/6P67kJP

I would say it's not that people don't want to help but rather there aren't that many people that do modding (relative to players), and even fewer that use SMX. And people who do modding have their own mods to work on.

I've never used SMX so can't help with that, but I looked at your other topic and noticed all those "did not apply" errors. In my experience that means you're trying to change something that doesn't exist, which is often an error in the xpath string where it doesn't lead to a node (like a missing slash, or mispelled node level).

I'm not allowed to post anything, what do I do?
It works now, yet the only problem is the placing of the windows.

10 hours ago, Noisy Pants said:

I'm not allowed to post anything, what do I do?
It works now, yet the only problem is the placing of the windows.

On the discord? A lot of discord channels have rules where you you have respond to something to show you're not a bot that signed up to spam. I'm not on that discord but maybe something like that is stopping you. Read through the rules and any welcome message stuff.