Bad PC Performance

therman

Hi!

I'm using Asus tuf gaming fx505, amd ryzen7 3750, 24gb ram, nvidia 1660ti. I can play god of war or assasins creed valhalla fluently even in higher graphics. Witcher 3 in ultra graphicss.  But I can't play 7 days fluently. Even in low graphics setting, the smoothness and fluence is annoying. If I try high or moderate graphics settings, when I try to look around fastly it becomes a pain.

Can you offer me a solution pls?

15 minutes ago, therman said:

Hi!

I'm using Asus tuf gaming fx505, amd ryzen7 3750, 24gb ram, nvidia 1660ti. I can play god of war or assasins creed valhalla fluently even in higher graphics. Witcher 3 in ultra graphicss.  But I can't play 7 days fluently. Even in low graphics setting, the smoothness and fluence is annoying. If I try high or moderate graphics settings, when I try to look around fastly it becomes a pain.

Can you offer me a solution pls?

Assassins Creed and GoW only care about your GPU. 7 Days is CPU-bound. 

If you follow the instructions and provide a link to a playthrough log on Pastebin, and a published Speccy report, we can help you out better.

Laptops rarely ever do well with this game, mainly due to heat as this game hits everything hard and laptops are almost never equipped to handle that amount of stress load. Doesn't help that you're also hindered by a laptop grade CPU which performs not nearly as good as the desktop version even on the best of times. Removing any bloatware (including disabling 3rd party antivirus while playing would help with performance).

Edited by Fox (see edit history)

I would say the FPS are what I would expect with your laptop CPU, I had similar performance with my previous desktop CPU ryzen 5 2600x when I didn't optimize my settings. This game is very performance heavy because of using voxels.

If you want better FPS you could turn off shadows and reflections completely (not low or very low, really turn them off). And turn off dynamic mesh. Probably that will make the game behave much smoother in all situations even though the average FPS gains will not be huge.

When I was a developer back in the day Unity was pretty bad when it came to multicore optimisations. Not sure if that's still the case today (indeed I don't even know which version we're on now), but that's the main reason we decided against using it as our main graphics engine.

As Fox has said laptops rarely have the power or cooling to run the game well (other than the high-end Ryzen chips like the 7940HS and 7945HX which usually come paired with anything from an RTX 4060 to an RTX 4090 and can run the game easily), but of course they're expensive and the RAM speeds are important here.