Problem with the protection of the trader. Critical on all servers!!

Sarakatunga

There is a problem with trader protections. I was creating a custom trader and realized that the game is not sending the proper information to the client. So players can build and destroy trader to their heart's content unless they have custom "trader" prefabs in the MODS folder. It can also happen eg: If you delete trader_rekt from the game folder and enter any server you can destroy that same trader or place claim, blocks etc. No logs etc are needed, this is more than enough.

A21.1_2023-08-24_16-47-12.jpg

Edited by Sarakatunga (see edit history)

• Sarakatunga changed the title to Problem with the protection of the trader. Critical on all servers!!
2 hours ago, Sarakatunga said:

There is a problem with trader protections. I was creating a custom trader and realized that the game is not sending the proper information to the client. So players can build and destroy trader to their heart's content unless they have custom "trader" prefabs in the MODS folder. It can also happen eg: If you delete trader_rekt from the game folder and enter any server you can destroy that same trader or place claim, blocks etc. No logs etc are needed, this is more than enough.

Sounds like a mod issue

This would explain the problems which were on the TFP-Testserver weeks ago.
Someone destroyed parts of a trader, opend locked doors, placed workbenches etc. in the trader compound. @SylenThunder was there as an admin and saw it too...

You should create an official bug-report about it:
https://community.7daystodie.com/announcement/11-report-an-alpha-21-bug/

Edited by q123 (see edit history)

13 hours ago, BFT2020 said:

Sounds like a mod issue

Unless EAC can detect it this would be an issue for vanilla servers too:

If you delete trader_rekt from the game folder and enter any server you can destroy that same trader or place claim, blocks etc. No logs etc are needed, this is more than enough.

Edited by meganoth (see edit history)

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Folks, 

i'm a little late to this party but here i am. it's sept 21, 2023 and i've noticed that trader Jenn's interior doors are all damaged. i can't repair them or do damage. I am running a collection of mod packs through Nexus (7 days to die PC enhanced edition). I've never had this issue and just hope it won't kill the trader

39 minutes ago, Salios said:

Hi Folks, 

i'm a little late to this party but here i am. it's sept 21, 2023 and i've noticed that trader Jenn's interior doors are all damaged. i can't repair them or do damage. I am running a collection of mod packs through Nexus (7 days to die PC enhanced edition). I've never had this issue and just hope it won't kill the trader

Hey! Welcome to the forums. So, the damaged doors are per the creator's design; they do it to remove the "barricades" which does show up as damage when holding a repair tool. Kind of weird, but probably will get touched upon at some point in the future. Nothing wrong with it.

2 hours ago, Jugginator said:

Hey! Welcome to the forums. So, the damaged doors are per the creator's design; they do it to remove the "barricades" which does show up as damage when holding a repair tool. Kind of weird, but probably will get touched upon at some point in the future. Nothing wrong with it.

Thanks for the quick reply! And the info! Now i can build my house in peace. Thanks again!