What's your favorite and less favorite new model

Adam the Waster

This is stuff like weapon models, POIs, zombies ect

Models I love 

The new 4x4 model (cheating I know)

The Colapesed Sky scraper (I forgot the name) 

Burnt zombies and the screamer! They look so good! And creepy

Lesses favorite 

Feral wight (look how they massacred my boi) 

Hunting knife. What happens to too the good old bowie knife 

What's yours?

Favorite:

Lootable/Salvageable Vehicles - holy hell this was needed a long time ago

Flags & Deco Items - Always nice to have deco items

Least Favorite

Reflex Sights - Don't care if this is A21 or a holdover from prior alphas, they're terrible. specifically on the pistol and the tactical assault rifle

The Forge - It looks like a freaking pizza oven. Hell, the crucible is never inside the fire so it basically heats up through osmosis

6 hours ago, Crashtian said:

Every new melee weapon covered in a pint of blood from the moment you create it.

Who knew zombies had so much blood in them...

I would say my favorite is the stun baton, I often stop to admire it and tell it how sexy it is after it sends a pile of fried zeds sailing across the room (repulsor mod FTW!).

Least favorite is the stupid bear head on the drone, but that mod is so damn useful I will suffer through it).

1 hour ago, Krougal said:

Who knew zombies had so much blood in them...

I would say my favorite is the stun baton, I often stop to admire it and tell it how sexy it is after it sends a pile of fried zeds sailing across the room (repulsor mod FTW!).

Least favorite is the stupid bear head on the drone, but that mod is so damn useful I will suffer through it).

I tried that morale mod once and never used it again.  The same for the medical mod.  Both sounded good but they just didn't provide the benefit that I expected and so I never used them again. 😀

4 hours ago, Riamus said:

I tried that morale mod once and never used it again.  The same for the medical mod.  Both sounded good but they just didn't provide the benefit that I expected and so I never used them again. 😀

Really? I mean the comfort mod, yeah, TBH by the time I can get it, stamina is not an issue (and stamina isn't an issue for me in general other than the first few days) but the medical one has saved my ass more than a few times. You just need to make sure it has a stack of med kits, because by the time it uses them, a bandage probably doesn't cut it.

4 hours ago, Krougal said:

You just need to make sure it has a stack of med kits, because by the time it uses them, a bandage probably doesn't cut it.

And whenever you cure a headache, you get a free demonstration of her healing abilities. Wait, not free, it costs a bandage. (As in the lil buzzer uses kits to heal in between the delay of the pain pill removing the debuff and doing its heal.)

It's probably great for anyone who can't be bothered to heal themselves, less so for anyone optimizing.. I tended to micromanage between bandages and boiled meats in A20. (A21 seems like bandage galore, so no need to care anymore, might even use the drone mod one day... :) )

4 hours ago, Krougal said:

Really? I mean the comfort mod, yeah, TBH by the time I can get it, stamina is not an issue (and stamina isn't an issue for me in general other than the first few days) but the medical one has saved my ass more than a few times. You just need to make sure it has a stack of med kits, because by the time it uses them, a bandage probably doesn't cut it.

I got sick of it using tons of medical supplies.  I mean, I'd take a couple HP damage and it would heal me.  Not worth using medical supplies for unnecessary healing.  If I could have settings to adjust how/when it heals, I'd probably consider using it.  But as it is right now, it isn't worth it.  Cargo has much more value to me.

1 hour ago, Riamus said:

I got sick of it using tons of medical supplies.  I mean, I'd take a couple HP damage and it would heal me.  Not worth using medical supplies for unnecessary healing.  If I could have settings to adjust how/when it heals, I'd probably consider using it.  But as it is right now, it isn't worth it.  Cargo has much more value to me.

I don't really remember details of prior builds now, but have you used it in A21? You have to drop to less than 50% before it fires off.

32 minutes ago, Krougal said:

I don't really remember details of prior builds now, but have you used it in A21? You have to drop to less than 50% before it fires off.

No, I haven't.  That's a definite improvement.  I don't get hurt enough usually to have need of it and cargo is always useful, so I probably still won't bother with it.  But that is a good thing to know.

12 minutes ago, Riamus said:

No, I haven't.  That's a definite improvement.  I don't get hurt enough usually to have need of it and cargo is always useful, so I probably still won't bother with it.  But that is a good thing to know.

Well yeah, cargo is most useful, but there's room for 4 and the armor is useless. So cargo, flashlight, medic, comfort.

On 8/21/2023 at 7:47 AM, Krougal said:

Wait! What?

They stack? I never thought of trying that!

Nice!

Mind. Blown.

Oh, and uh, two ties I guess.

Favourite: new car wrecks and vast expansion in posters and framed art.

Least favourite: The new machete model (WTF is that @%$#) and the fact that the game still only has one set of letter blocks for EVERYTHING. Dear god, like... even just two more fonts. Please! Maybe a basic Times New Roman-sort of serif font and, @%$# I dunno... the third could even be comic sans for all I care. SOMETHING!

51 minutes ago, FramFramson said:

Mind. Blown.

Oh, and uh, two ties I guess.

Favourite: new car wrecks and vast expansion in posters and framed art.

Least favourite: The new machete model (WTF is that @%$#) and the fact that the game still only has one set of letter blocks for EVERYTHING. Dear god, like... even just two more fonts. Please! Maybe a basic Times New Roman-sort of serif font and, @%$# I dunno... the third could even be comic sans for all I care. SOMETHING!

All the art assets are definitely at the top of the list for me.  It's night and day from A20.

I agree about the font.  Wood Signs should have the option to have a font that looks like it was hand-painted onto the sign.  There are some great fonts like that out there.  And it would be nice to have a dynamic block sign, where you type something and it creates a sign long enough using those letters (or perhaps multiple separate signs of 1-4 blocks in length) that use letters that are 1/2 or even 1/4 block size instead of full block size.  It would need to be dynamic so you could get multiple letters on the same block because you'd need a ton of block shapes to get all the letter combinations possible for even 1/2 size and considerably more for 1/4 size.  And in case it isn't clear what I'm referring to, I'm talking about the block shapes that are flat letters that you can place on a wall or whatever to create a sign.  If you could do smaller-sized letters, it would really help to make some better looking custom signs.

Alternatively, having a neon sign block shapes for each letter so you could make a sign that looks like a neon sign could be nice.  I'm not sure there's a good enough texture paint to make it really look decent, unfortunately... but these could also just be deco blocks that are lit up automatically like a neon sign (not requiring power).