(A21) 7.62 Gun Pack V.2 (2/3)

Izayo

Update v.2 (2/3)

- 8 new weapons with customized hands animation (some of them)

- small change for Ammo icons

sorry for very long delay , but I finally fixed the reload problem and we now have (not FG42) Paratrooper MG as tier 1 LMG

the sniper rework will be delay to next update I think. I have to re-arrange animation controller again. 

let's be honest , I do not play 7D2D lately ,I feels like I'm lost passion in modding for this game (for now I think) but I'm not gonna abandon the plan I have made , only gonna take longer.

the next update will be rework of 762 sniper / marksman rifle group then 5.56 pack sniper / marksman rifle , Rework+Improve 

quick links here :  main mod topic still waiting for appoval.

V.2 Google drive : https://drive.google.com/file/d/18y2nejDWx5HYLBiuCVqFxuChEqqghhmR/view?usp=sharing

They look great at least - your work is really paying off.

I think you're right to wait until a22 before doing more work though, just in case you have to replace a large number of animations. A lot of people love your gun pack mods though, so if there's a repeatable method for fixing animations, I think there will be plenty of players willing to help you update your packs for a22.

On 3/11/2024 at 11:11 PM, Izayo said:

let's be honest , I do not play 7D2D lately ,I feels like I'm lost passion in modding for this game (for now I think) but I'm not gonna abandon the plan I have made , only gonna take longer.

That's why you need to break up 7 days to die playing / modding with other games my friend.  It is what keeps me going when I hit a rut.

Thank you so much for this Izayo. You're a legend. Its come to the point where I find that playing without all your weapon mods in the game makes it rather boring. 

Sorry to hear that you've lost the passion for playing this game recently. Burnout happens to us all. I do find its good to mix it up with other games (especially if its like a totally different genre) or to set unique stipulations to make the game more interesting. 

I've recently started a new save on 7DtD and truth be told, I'd probably would not have done it if not for your weapon mods. Basically its a range weapons only run throughout. Melee is completely forbidden. And I decided to do it Permafrost style (whole map is snow biome). Guns and Ammo has never been so precious XD.

What a surprise! You've implemented the custom reload animation that I've been struggling to integrate into the player itself for nearly two years, and you did it in an unexpected way and at a very high quality.
I was so moved and surprised that I couldn't help but shout out early in the morning.

If it's okay with you, I'd like to use this method and script to create a new firearms MOD, or an expansion pack for your MOD, as long as our ideas don't overlap. How does that sound?

I really want to blast away in a post-apocalyptic world with the super cool reloading Colt SAA and my favorite L85 (SA80).
And while this is just an ideal, if I can keep my motivation up until completion, I'd love to create a Japanese Firearms MOD pack featuring guns from the Imperial Japanese Army to the Self-Defense Forces...

• 3 weeks later...

On 3/16/2024 at 11:35 AM, Funukemaguro said:

What a surprise! You've implemented the custom reload animation that I've been struggling to integrate into the player itself for nearly two years, and you did it in an unexpected way and at a very high quality.
I was so moved and surprised that I couldn't help but shout out early in the morning.

If it's okay with you, I'd like to use this method and script to create a new firearms MOD, or an expansion pack for your MOD, as long as our ideas don't overlap. How does that sound?

I really want to blast away in a post-apocalyptic world with the super cool reloading Colt SAA and my favorite L85 (SA80).
And while this is just an ideal, if I can keep my motivation up until completion, I'd love to create a Japanese Firearms MOD pack featuring guns from the Imperial Japanese Army to the Self-Defense Forces...

I would say it's very hard to do, but I make a starter packs in community Discord , in my channel . all you need to do is just replace the gun and adjust some hand position to match the hands with the gun parts.

On 4/4/2024 at 7:22 PM, 7d2dfan said:

Do these gun packs work with Linux? Installed them on my steam deck and they don't seem to work.

I don't know man. do you have any other Mods installed ?.  if those are worked my my should work too. 

Hey, I installed the mod folders but the guns didn't seem to load in. The icons for the 7.62 ammo changed, so I'm a little confused. Is there any chance having Izayo's other mods conflicted with it? I have the shotguns mod and it works just fine!

11 hours ago, sirandomguy said:

Hey, I installed the mod folders but the guns didn't seem to load in. The icons for the 7.62 ammo changed, so I'm a little confused. Is there any chance having Izayo's other mods conflicted with it? I have the shotguns mod and it works just fine!

try remove old 762 folder then install again

21 hours ago, BruhfessorX said:

These are great and are by far the best weapon mods 7 days to die has seen. I was wondering if it was okay to use these in an overhaul project?

most of the overhaul mods would need a patch it get it work.

• 3 weeks later...

I'll no longer update this pack , instead ,this will merge into the my new "All in one pack"  for -

- more frequently update

- easier installation

- writable item's description / progression 

- accessible Hardcore Mode

8 hours ago, Izayo said:

I'll no longer update this pack , instead ,this will merge into the my new "All in one pack"  for -

And let’s not forget easier for you to maintain, update, and ensure compatibility . 👍

14 hours ago, renejant said:

when will your  all in one pack come out?

I'll only select the best from my previous pack and replace the s**tty one with the new gun I just finished. (the fictional guns will be gone mostly)

maybe 2 more weeks or 1 month from now because the 5.56 is still no touch.  I want to at least finish 2-3 gun for the 5.56 group before the first release.

I do update my progression in my youtube channel and Mod community discord.

14 hours ago, Izayo said:

I'll only select the best from my previous pack and replace the s**tty one with the new gun I just finished. (the fictional guns will be gone mostly)

maybe 2 more weeks or 1 month from now because the 5.56 is still no touch.  I want to at least finish 2-3 gun for the 5.56 group before the first release.

Also, you probably want to see what the new player animations will do to your mod and how much work that will be to deal with. No point in releasing something now if you have to do a huge animation update in 4 weeks.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/6/2024 at 2:00 AM, Izayo said:

I love your weapon packs and cant wait for the all in one. im hoping to see some .45 cal weapons in the future a 1911, a tommy gun, fn45, kriss vector gen 2. also the 44 mag needs some love like a big boy henry lever gun, colt anaconda, taurus raging bull, a cva scout td 44. id love to be able to carry a precision rifle and a close range pistol using the same ammo in my game more room for loot lol