Zombies run even though set to walk

Runeshadow

Hello Survivors,

I think I remember reading or maybe even posting about this way back when.  Could not find anything current or in the known issues.

I set all zombies to walk at all times.  It was rare, but they would occasionally start running after being hit with a non-fatal shot.  In A21, it is much more common. Every wave has at least one occurrence.   Bug or Feature?

Cheers!

2 minutes ago, Runeshadow said:

start running after being hit with a non-fatal shot.

Sounds like the rage mode; whenever hit, a zed can indeed start running faster. How often it happens depends on game difficulty, very rare on default, quite common on the harder ones.

1 hour ago, Krougal said:

Don't I need to damage a zed to cause them to go into rage mode though?

It used to be that any damage could trigger them to rage, including falling and cacti.. I think some of that was toned down, but I'm not sure and even if so, it's a new alpha with new old bugs ... :)

Ahh the difficulty setting!  I thought those settings were just to achieve a quick setup, without having to go through all the individual settings.  

Is there a post somewhere that details all of the variables that are controlled by this setting?  I like the overall difficulty, except for the runners.  Maybe I'll try out that mod.

Thanks all!!!

No, the difficulty settings IIRC only control 2 things; what % of their rated damage a zed does to you, and what % of your rated damage you do to zeds.

Nomad being the level playing ground of 100% and 100%.

Gamestage and loot and various other things have been coupled to difficulty in the past, but I think it's for the last several alphas just the 2 things.

Edited by Krougal (see edit history)

3 hours ago, Krougal said:

No, the difficulty settings IIRC only control 2 things; what % of their rated damage a zed does to you, and what % of your rated damage you do to zeds.

Nomad being the level playing ground of 100% and 100%.

Gamestage and loot and various other things have been coupled to difficulty in the past, but I think it's for the last several alphas just the 2 things.

and rage probability