Screaming Spawn Issue

Huysuz

13 hours ago, Huysuz said:

In about 1 game day, 8-9 screaming zombie women started spawning in my base, I think it should be fixed

Fix what?  You provided no information for anyone to determine what is going on and why.

What version are you playing?  What is going on in your base to cause a lot of screamers to spawn in and scout?

With no logfile and no information provided, most people are just going to assume that you are doing a ton of activity to raise your heat map and the game is spawning screamer scouts and sending them to your base to see what is going on. If that is indeed the case, that is a game mechanic that is part of the game and working properly.

I forgot to mention I do have a fix for this situation.

When I got a lot of crafting stations going and I know the activity map is going to increase calling in screamers, I tend to setup shotgun turrets.  They do an excellent job of taking out screamers who are too nosy around my base.

On your first day, I can't imagine you being up to much to trigger a Choir of Screamers (I would also like to call it a Scream-A-Gram)... unless you've got a long day and you're a lot further along than you would be normally. If you've got a lot of stuff blazing away - campires, workbench, furnace, dew collector or two - you'll get screamers. Sounds like a one-off glitch unless it keeps happening: in an A20 game there was a POI next to me that I realised had a lot of heat attached to it according to F8. Got screamers all the time until I got it as a quest, after that it stopped.

If it helps explain this any, I've noticed that screamers now call other screamers in A21. In A20 I never noticed screamers call anything but other zombies, but in A21 they (and their horde)end up growing exponentially. One screamer calls another, they both call again upping it to four, etc. We ended up with more zombies outside of a Tier 5 Infestation banging on the walls to get in then there was inside the T5 Infestation.

Possibly intentional now?

47 minutes ago, Mr. Perfect said:

If it helps explain this any, I've noticed that screamers now call other screamers in A21. In A20 I never noticed screamers call anything but other zombies, but in A21 they (and their horde)end up growing exponentially. One screamer calls another, they both call again upping it to four, etc. We ended up with more zombies outside of a Tier 5 Infestation banging on the walls to get in then there was inside the T5 Infestation.

Possibly intentional now?

That's been a feature for a loooong time now. If you don't kill them quick you not only get a horde, but more screamers called. 

Still curious about how the OP managed it on day 1, but they haven't been back since posting so...

On 7/31/2023 at 7:07 PM, Huysuz said:

In about 1 game day, 8-9 screaming zombie women started spawning in my base, I think it should be fixed

16 minutes ago, SylenThunder said:

Still curious about how the OP managed it on day 1, but they haven't been back since posting so...

Wording seems to imply a time range separate from how long the game save has been running so could be one day-night cycle around day 200 or day 15 for all we know.

1 hour ago, SylenThunder said:

That's been a feature for a loooong time now. If you don't kill them quick you not only get a horde, but more screamers called. 

Oh really? Hmm, I guess we just knocked them out faster in A20. We used to run Crack-a-book Tower and get one or two screamers, but in the new T5 prison we'll have about 4 (with hordes) around the perimeter wall by the time we reach the cafeteria.