Central Station

VoltraLux

Central Station

Download: Here

Screenshot2023-07-26132623.thumb.png.6cd30c7e027ec5f389a522aa0b3479d8.pngScreenshot2023-07-26132708.thumb.png.a90cdcc3582d75efba734267633672d1.png

Synopsis: In the aftermath of the zombie apocalypse, Central Station stands as a haunting relic of its former glory. Abandoned luggage and overturned benches litter the silent platforms, the clocks, frozen in time, serve as reminders of the chaos that unfolded, leaving an eerie and unsettling atmosphere throughout the once-vibrant terminal.

Screenshot 2023-07-25 151935.png

Screenshot 2023-07-26 132725.png

Edited by VoltraLux (see edit history)

20 minutes ago, MrSamuelAdams said:

This looks amazing.. I've never downloaded prefabs like this, where do I place these to get them into a RWG? I 've only done like mod folder stuff and zz/combo pack. 

Just unsure where to place it. 

thank you! 

Place it in your users/username/appdata/roaming/7daystodie/LocalPrefabs  folder.

If you don't have a LocalPrefabs folder create one with exact spelling as I have 

Edited by stallionsden (see edit history)

1 hour ago, MrSamuelAdams said:

Last question, is it just a crapshoot what prefabs you end up getting in RWG, I've seen some really cool ones people have made and want to add them. Is there any surefire way to get them on your map or just generate and check command when you get in game 

No 100% guarantee 

13 hours ago, MrSamuelAdams said:

Last question, is it just a crapshoot what prefabs you end up getting in RWG, I've seen some really cool ones people have made and want to add them. Is there any surefire way to get them on your map or just generate and check command when you get in game 

As Stallion says, there's no guarantee.

POI placement by RWG is basically a competition between POIs. Various factors determine how many opportunities there are to place a POI. A POI's "Tags" and the POI's size have the greatest effect. If the POI isn't Tagged, or isn't tagged something meaningful, then the POI won't get placed. If the POI's size does not match up with the size of POI makers on Tiles for which the POI is tagged, the POI won't get placed.

If the POI is appropriately tagged and is of a size that is supported for those tags, then the POI has an excellent chance of getting placed unless there is some other constraint. Obviously, larger maps have more potential POI locations. You can make cities more/less common. You can make wilderness POIs more/less common.

If you look in the XML file for that POI and tell us the "Tags" property and the "PrefabSize" property, we could provide better insight. For instance, I downloaded the Central Station above to take a look. There is no "Tags" property, which will keep the POI from getting placed by RWG. The POI size is 100,28,100 ... so it needs a 100x100 footprint.

To get it to spawn, you will have to add a "Tags" property. The only three vanilla districts that support that size are: Commercial, Industrial, and Rural. I suggest tagging it for Rural and/or Commercial, depending on where you envision it:

<property name="Tags" value="commercial"/>

If you tag it for Rural, then it may need some "driveway" parts added. You could also make this POI spawn in the Wilderness if you tagged it that way.

Edited by zztong (see edit history)

4 hours ago, MrSamuelAdams said:

Cool. Thank you for the info. I'll check the other prefabs as well. 

Which folder or where do you place this tag? 

It goes in the XML file for the Prefab. You can use your favorite text editor (like Notepad++) to add it or as of A21 the Prefab Editor has a feature to allow the Tags to be set.

1 hour ago, zztong said:

It goes in the XML file for the Prefab. You can use your favorite text editor (like Notepad++) to add it or as of A21 the Prefab Editor has a feature to allow the Tags to be set.

thank you, I went through and added tags to ones that didn't have any and most worked. Like you said before, some in the wilderness though are about 3-4 blocks high for some reason. Will try and look into how to fix that. Just happy able to get them to spawn into a RWG. 

7 minutes ago, MrSamuelAdams said:

I went through and added tags to ones that didn't have any and most worked.

Some districts only support some sizes. If you chose a combination that isn't supported there will be no place for the POI to land.

8 minutes ago, MrSamuelAdams said:

some in the wilderness though are about 3-4 blocks high for some reason.

That sounds like a YOffset problem. In the Prefab Editor you would have to set the Ground Level. If you want just an XML change, you would modify a line in the XML file that looked kind of like this:

<property name="YOffset" value="-2"/>

The value depends on the POI.

12 minutes ago, zztong said:

Some districts only support some sizes. If you chose a combination that isn't supported there will be no place for the POI to land.

That sounds like a YOffset problem. In the Prefab Editor you would have to set the Ground Level. If you want just an XML change, you would modify a line in the XML file that looked kind of like this:

<property name="YOffset" value="-2"/>

The value depends on the POI.

Alright I will try that, thank you. Also do you have to place a biome or if you don't state a biome it'll spawn in any biome but if you state a biome it'll only spawn in that one?

29 minutes ago, MrSamuelAdams said:

Alright I will try that, thank you. Also do you have to place a biome or if you don't state a biome it'll spawn in any biome but if you state a biome it'll only spawn in that one?

You have no control over biome. You will find some POIs still tag a biome, but that's the designer hoping support for that feature will return in the future.

The only district where size doesn't matter is "wilderness". If you don't know your district/tile options, tag for wilderness if you just want to test the POI. However, without a "RoadExit" part on that POI, I don't think you'll get a road to that POI.

1 hour ago, zztong said:

You have no control over biome. You will find some POIs still tag a biome, but that's the designer hoping support for that feature will return in the future.

The only district where size doesn't matter is "wilderness". If you don't know your district/tile options, tag for wilderness if you just want to test the POI. However, without a "RoadExit" part on that POI, I don't think you'll get a road to that POI.

Sometimes, rarely, even with a proper RoadExit a wilderness POI won't get a road drawn to it. I don't know if that's supposed to be a bug or a feature, though.

Edited by EvilPolygons (see edit history)

• 4 weeks later...
13 hours ago, MrSamuelAdams said:

Wonder if this needs to have a tile set for it. I 've made a lot of RWG and never seem to get this to load into my worlds :(

It's 100x100 tagged Commercial. There is only one TFP Tile that supports that size and it has only 1 POI marker of that size. It's up against competition.

Those 100x100 POIs don't have lots of options. If it were tagged Rural you would have more chances. RWG maps use more Rural Tiles since they wrap cities and towns, plus the rural Tiles have 2 Markers of that size.