End game base step by step?

thovind16

Hi, all...

I've been playing this game on and off for years, but until recently, it was always console version. However, since purchasing a gaming laptop and playing the newer version, I'm becoming addicted.

Having said all of this... I'm an old dude. I lack the creativity required to build some of these huge, elaborate bases. I actually downloaded an end game horse base and tried using it, but I quickly found out that the game just doesn't challenge you enough this way.

What I'm wondering is... Is there anyone that actually does a step by step tutorial for one of these elaborate bases I keep seeing on videos? I plan on building my own beginning horse base, but while I'm doing this, I'd love to at least begin construction on a huge base without "cheating" and using creative mode or prefab editor. I'd like to just construct a little each week while I'm playing the game as it should be played.

It seems like there would be a site or service by now that offers blueprints to some of these bases. Just a how to video or a walk through. I'm looking for something significantly better than just a tips and tricks video... My old ass has no creativity whatsoever.

Thank you all for your help.

Tim

Can't say I've made a stables yet.. damn autocorrect ;)

I haven't seen much step-by-step stuff, but for example JaWoodle on youtube builds all kinds of reasonable sized bases in separate videos.

But to get creating, it's largely a matter of setting a goal. Want a base that looks and works like a castle? Want to get zeds to line up perfectly for sniper rifles? And all kinds of things in between. Pick a goal and the building flows from there.

I once did a base on the idea of redundancy. When looked on the map, it literally spelled REDUNDANCY (poorly, but still). Each letter was its own fighting position, mostly melee boxes, with some variation between each. And every box was connected to the next in a way the zeds wouldn't follow, so you could just leg it whenever a position got compromised. Had fun building it :)

Maybe something like this ? It is not exactly step by step but provides enough information to replicate the base.

This is a tips & tricks video but it should give you same vital information about how to create your own design. The core principal of most designs is the same after all.

I always have two separate bases, my main living/crafting base with a mini horde tower as part of it for wandering/screamer hordes. I build a seperate, sometime multiple horde bases, designed to to fight hordes exclusively. I usually build in a tougher biome with limited supplies, that way, worst case, I lose a base, not my supplies and crafting stations.

I took this in A20 to like day 150sh.  And it stood.  Probably would have gone longer if I had stronger than concrete (and play through didnt get interrupted by RL), which most will by that time, but I am a sloooooooow progresser.  Some will call it cheesy, meh!

Credits to @Old Coot