Weird "iron" twigs?

Old Crow

What's with all these weird white metal twigs? They still give wood when harvested, but for some reason the pickaxe deals more block damage to them, and they make a metal sound when struck. I first saw them in the Snow biome, so I thought maybe they were frosted wood but nope.

20230704234758_1.jpg

Edited by Old Crow (see edit history)

It Is a frozen bush, I haven't run into one in my games, but I haven't really left the pine forest other than questing.

Sounds like a bug to me, should be wooden for harvesting. For sound design, they might be going for a "frozen" sound, and thus need a different sound from regular bush, but ding of an iron doesn't sound right..

Edited by theFlu (see edit history)

17 hours ago, theFlu said:

It Is a frozen bush, I haven't run into one in my games, but I haven't really left the pine forest other than questing.

Sounds like a bug to me, should be wooden for harvesting. For sound design, they might be going for a "frozen" sound, and thus need a different sound from regular bush, but ding of an iron doesn't sound right..

So... my buddy has a mode on his server that respawns salvaged cars every so often. Apparently, these frozen twigs are markers for where salved cars will respawn at, according to him. Mystery solved!

7 hours ago, Old Crow said:

Apparently, these frozen twigs are markers for where salved cars will respawn at, according to him.

Oh right, that mod. I think I have seen it in a vid sometime, never used it myself so it didn't click. Glad you found out!

9 hours ago, Old Crow said:

So... my buddy has a mode on his server that respawns salvaged cars every so often. Apparently, these frozen twigs are markers for where salved cars will respawn at, according to him. Mystery solved!

Those are car eggs!!!

13 minutes ago, Laz Man said:

Are you guys playing with the chunk reset feature off?  With it on, it should respawn cars as well.

As long as no one enters the chunk. Otherwise, the timer is reset. These mods have the advantage that as long as the placeholder is present, the cars respawn. No matter whether someone enters the chunk or not.