Please put Sex t-rex back in STR but ALSO keep the version in each weapon.

Scyris

Just have the highest bonus apply. It annoys me not having sex t-rex as getting max stam use reduction for even ONE item costs 2-3x the perk points it used to cost to get str to 4/5 and max sex t-rex. Its made the game terrible for me as wrenching anything now is just a massive stam drain, a drain which sex t-rex solved as it was a universal perk. I mostly go str builds anyway, so the loss of this really hurts. Not to mention it just costs more skill points in total to max a stat to 10 then the weapon perk to 5/5 to get the max stam reduction just for that single weapon/tool type. As someone who mostly single player the stat system as a whole is pretty garbage. You have to go str still for miner 69'er and motherload so them removing sex t-rex from it doesn't change much for single player as you still are going to want it. It is better for multiplayer thou. But lets be real, I bet the majority of people play this game single player.

Or better yet, redo the horrible stat system and compress it.

Have 2-3 stats instead of 5, Offense is one, this has all weapons both melee and gun, and sex t-rex in it. Then you have Survival, This is were most non-weapon perks go. Eg miner 69'er, motherload, Stealth (well stealth could actually be considered offense too) Bring back sex t-rex as a general perk so weapons other than my chosen one can actually be friggin useable again.

Another area where sex t-rex has been helpful, which I hadn't realised until A21, is harvesting my garden. I used to use either a knife or my bare hands to pick the plants, but in A21 that takes a lot of stamina without sex t-rex. That's why I now harvest my plants with a stone axe, as I have points in Miner 69er.

I don't think putting SexRex back into Str would solve much really. It would just make the Strength tree OP once more. 

If anything, the changes kinda made things more balanced since now, players can choose to invest points fully into other trees rather than being forced to pump points into Strength and SexRex because of how necessary that perk was. Still, they probably could do with reducing the stam cost of tools in general a little so that players don't feel completely gimped for not having specced into that particular tree. 

I wouldn't mind the regular SexRex, but since I doubt TFP will revert that.. They might want to adjust the defaults for tools somehow. Unless they really intend not to have anyone but perception players salvaging things. It's not horrible to wrench a single car, but I tend to burn water for the sta buff (the hat filter is a godsend for that, always full water and a 3-minute drinking buff going).

That might be the intended state though, max sta regen to make it remotely bearable for off-spec use. I dunno.

Then again, I've only salvaged a couple cars to get pipes on the go, I don't have any use for any of the parts yet. Electricity is still just half way to the first tier.. playing full on INT on about day 12. Bought a few traps. I can craft a Q5 sledge turret, woo.. I bought a Q5 shooting one before I made one, though. (The stun baton is an in-between tier there in robotics, so my vendor is selling things two tiers above my crafting)

Some balancing acts requested all over... :)

10 hours ago, Scyris said:

Just have the highest bonus apply. It annoys me not having sex t-rex as getting max stam use reduction for even ONE item costs 2-3x the perk points it used to cost to get str to 4/5 and max sex t-rex.

While I agree with you, I have to point out Sex Rex required 7 Strength, so a total of 13 points to max out.  It's only 9 points to go from 7->10 + 1 point spent for level 5 in a weapon.

Fortunately, tools only require level 7 to max out, so it's 14 points to max a tool (well, 19 for harvesting tools, because of Mother Lode.)  It's still pretty ridiculous, though.