(A21) Oakraven Collection

arramus

The (A21) Oakraven Collection provides a number of Mods offering Quality of Life experiences.

The list shall be updated from time to time to include additional Mods as they are created.

Even though these Mods contain custom content, EAC use is still typically acceptable since they make no changes to the base game files.

Warning/Disclaimer:
1. Adding mods to an existing World is not recommended. This is more so in A21 than in previous Alphas. It can cause unforeseen issues since certain features are 'baked' into a World and changing that environment with new mods (or removing others) can be detrimental to maintaining server/World stability. Unforeseen issues can include seeing blue missing boxes in place of birds' nests for the Coop Mod if it is not added before a new World is created. Adding mods to, or removing mods from, an existing World is at your own risk. We are willing to assist with general mod related issues, but this is outside the scope of where assistance can be provided.

2. These mods are made to expand 7D2D. They are not intended to be used with other non Oakraven Collection Mods or overhauls.
Overhaul creators can ask for permission to integrate them in their Mods and make them compatible. Examples of this include Wild West Mod, Age of Oblivion, and Preppocalyse.

For incompatibility issues, please contact other Mod/Overhaul creators for assistance as that level of support is not possible to provide, especially where another mod is using a Harmony .dll patch.

Terms of Use:

- The (A21) Oakraven Collection can be used for personal use or on a community server with private and hidden redistribution. Permission is not given to redistribute any part of the Oakraven Collection in the public domain. This includes as a complete mod, or any of the assets contained within. Redistributing publicly can cause licensing issues and increases the potential for a file mismatch. For more information, read the TFP Guidelines on Modding Policy.
- If you would like to use any of the (A21) Oakraven Collection in an overhaul or project, please ask for permission in this thread, since some of the assets are purchased.
(Asking directly in this thread ensures full transparency in the case an affiliated creator is involved)

Files are kept at Moddb. Moddb has been serving the gaming community for 'eons' and remains stable and fully supportive of what we do.

1. (A21) Oakraven Rock Drill can be downloaded here.
2. (A21) Oakraven Monobikes can be downloaded here.

3. (A21) Oakraven Chicken Coops can be downloaded here.

4. (A21) Oakraven Bee Hives can be downloaded here.
5. (A21) Oakraven Cooking Stations can be downloaded here.

6. (A21) Oakraven Fish Farm can be downloaded here.
7. (A21) Oakraven Power Things can be downloaded here.

8. (A21) Oakraven Ammo Press can be downloaded here.

9. (A21) Oakraven Cement Mixer can be downloaded here.

10. (A21) Oakraven Can Can Bat (melee weapon) can be downloaded here.

11. (A21) Oakraven Goat Bat (melee weapon) can be downloaded here.

12. (A2) Oakraven Briston's Pistons (melee weapon) can be downloaded here.

Localization is currently in English, since that is the language Oakraven is familiar with. Submissions for Localization into other supported languages from community members are linked below.
Russian -  by MeowGuuy

Edited by arramus
Oakraven Briston's Pistons (see edit history)

Oakraven Rock Drill
This mod allows us to mine for resources.

It can be unlocked after reaching level 60/100 of Workstations Crafting Skill at a Tier 4 type item that is in the same area as the Chemistry Table.

The loot.xml governs what kind and how much resource is provided to players after a drilling cycle.
An Oakraven Rock Drill requires a Rock Drill Gas Can to power it for each cycle.
JfBBS1x.jpg

1 minute ago, ArcherXCII said:

Hey i am working on a bit of an overhaul, is there any chance i can use your drill and adjust the chances of getting certain things, Of course i will credit you for coding and assets used :)

Thanks for asking here because Oakraven can check the posts and be aware of what's being used.
Permission is granted and all the best with your overhaul.
Feel free to change the loot (both contents and probability) in any way you like.
It's hooked up for the new Progression system and that can also be changed where needed although it's in a pretty good place just a little after unlocking the chemistry table.

The Collection has just updated and added the Monobikes.

https://www.moddb.com/mods/oakraven-forest-collection/downloads/a21-oakraven-monobikes#downloadsform

OUJ8u5p.jpg

With the update A21 unlock system, they have been added to the same area as the Motorcycle.

Since this is a mod and not an overhaul, the Motorcycle icon and text has not been changed, but the parts are there.

phKT0QV.jpg

Oh btw I noticed many mods suggest disabling Easy Anti-Cheat (EAC) to facilitate custom content, but our experience shows this might not be necessary. We've loaded and run several mods, including Oakraven, on our Alpha 20 server without disabling EAC. We believe this advice may be more precautionary than essential and could deter users from downloading your mods.  The large Oakraven solar tower couldn't connect wiring to a battery (smamller one would) and the fishes one had some interesting thing where it would actually eat up the water blocks around it but the handful of Oak mods we installed all seemed to work very well.

The introduction post reflects the EAC change for A21. In fact, even some mods using .dll files can accept EAC off.
At least for the server side of things. Clients may still be required to turn of EAC with a prompt.

A21 stuff is going through an overhaul and all the comments about wiring and so on have been noted.

The Fish Trap is looking much better for A21 and the water above it isn't being removed. This was based on the water physics for A20.

A21 water physics allow fluid dynamics and water blocks will 'roll' to cover any open areas.

13 hours ago, arramus said:

The introduction post reflects the EAC change for A21. In fact, even some mods using .dll files can accept EAC off.
At least for the server side of things. Clients may still be required to turn of EAC with a prompt.

A21 stuff is going through an overhaul and all the comments about wiring and so on have been noted.

The Fish Trap is looking much better for A21 and the water above it isn't being removed. This was based on the water physics for A20.

A21 water physics allow fluid dynamics and water blocks will 'roll' to cover any open areas.

Oh what was the A21 EAC change?  It wasn't only some .dll files but all the Oakraven mods I installed would load up on the client with no EAC off prompts.  Is that likely to change in A21?  Ones we have are underground farming, drawbridge, rockdrill, powerthings, fireflys for example but also run quite a few other mods too, 115 in total and similar story with other warning of EAC off when they still load up fine.

EAC and Microsoft have their own protocols on file distribution and handling. It appears advice and suggestions from TFP has changed over the past 18 months. It is not something I care to delve into until it has been stabilised and fitting into clear compliance. Just as with main directory Mods and appdata Mods still being in limbo.

The Chicken Coops have been updated and can be downloaded here.

https://www.moddb.com/mods/oakraven-forest-collection/downloads/a21-oakraven-chicken-coops#downloadsform

A few changes:

1. The Birds' Nest no longer glows like a runway landing light at night.

2. There are no unlocks to achieve and it can be crafted instantly on the Workbench...
This is because unlocking the Workbench can take quite a long time depending on how lucky we are with books.

3. The Domestic Chicken can now be used in a recipe to craft the Chicken Rations can. This is much more expensive now and making your own is cost effective and allows players to make Chicken Stew.

SBrwb9S.jpg

The (21) Oakraven Bee Hives have been updated are can be downloaded here.

https://www.moddb.com/mods/oakraven-forest-collection/downloads/a21-oakraven-bee-hives#downloadsform

A few updates are as follows:

1. Recipes are consistent with A21 items.

2. File naming allows the mod to load after many other mods since it begins with the letter 'Z' and they are loaded in alphabetical order.
The majority of issues with this mod was when a mod loading after it would overwrite the Bee Logs and not allow them to appear in the Pine Forest.
This name change will almost guarantee they appear unless another mod loads after it with overwriting features.

As a pre-warning, if you are not finding any Bee Logs in the Pine Forest and have an overhaul beginning loading after this mod 'Zed-A21-OakravenBeeHives', a name change may be required to ensure this mod loads last.

vGb06m6.jpg

On 6/22/2023 at 3:28 PM, arramus said:

The Chicken Coops have been updated and can be downloaded here.

https://www.moddb.com/mods/oakraven-forest-collection/downloads/a21-oakraven-chicken-coops#downloadsform

A few changes:

1. The Birds' Nest no longer glows like a runway landing light at night.

2. There are no unlocks to achieve and it can be crafted instantly on the Workbench...
This is because unlocking the Workbench can take quite a long time depending on how lucky we are with books.

3. The Domestic Chicken can now be used in a recipe to craft the Chicken Rations can. This is much more expensive now and making your own is cost effective and allows players to make Chicken Stew.

SBrwb9S.jpg

How do I catch chickens? I tried pressing E, but it did not work. Thank you for the hard work!

1 hour ago, Baas Arno said:

How do I catch chickens? I tried pressing E, but it did not work. Thank you for the hard work!

The left side shows finding chicks in nest. The right side shows adding 2 chicks to a Coop using the right mouse button (secondary action).

2hLmauC.jpg

Sometimes you get a Domestic Chicken when it's ready for harvest, sometimes feathers, and sometimes eggies.

Put the Domestic Chicken in a recipe for Chicken Ration or place it on the ground and harvest with a knife.

qQIpMCi.jpg

There is a bug in your Beehive mod. This error keeps coming up.

nvalid Layer Index '1'
2023-06-25T01:02:18 1127.269 INF Entity animalBeeStump3 423 killed
Invalid Layer Index '1'
2023-06-25T01:02:20 1129.279 INF Entity animalBeeStump2 424 killed
2023-06-25T01:02:36 1145.385 INF Time: 14.00m FPS: 58.41 Heap: 2427.0MB Max: 2536.4MB Chunks: 342 CGO: 233 Ply: 1 Zom: 4 Ent: 7 (36) Items: 0 CO: 1 RSS: 14462.2MB
2023-06-25T01:03:06 1175.401 INF Time: 14.50m FPS: 60.00 Heap: 2448.4MB Max: 2536.4MB Chunks: 342 CGO: 250 Ply: 1 Zom: 3 Ent: 6 (36) Items: 0 CO: 1 RSS: 14475.1MB
Invalid Layer Index '1'
2023-06-25T01:03:25 1194.267 INF Entity animalBeeStump 426 killed
2023-06-25T01:03:27 1196.140 INF SectionType change from None to TraderBob
2023-06-25T01:03:27 1196.140 INF Played TraderBob
2023-06-25T01:03:27 1196.140 INF Fading in TraderBob
2023-06-25T01:03:27 1196.140 INF Notified SectionSelector that music played
Invalid Layer Index '1'
2023-06-25T01:03:30 1199.153 INF fadeInCo complete on TraderBob
2023-06-25T01:03:30 1199.268 INF Entity animalBeeStump 430 killed
Invalid Layer Index '1'
2023-06-25T01:03:33 1202.268 INF Entity animalBeeStump3 432 killed

Just wanted to make you aware of a bug. It is barely manageable in the game and if you quit out of game you get error null reference spam and the only way to exit out after that is to open task bar and end task the 7d2d game.

Thank for awesome mod:)

On 6/24/2023 at 12:54 PM, arramus said:

The left side shows finding chicks in nest. The right side shows adding 2 chicks to a Coop using the right mouse button (secondary action).

2hLmauC.jpg

Sometimes you get a Domestic Chicken when it's ready for harvest, sometimes feathers, and sometimes eggies.

Put the Domestic Chicken in a recipe for Chicken Ration or place it on the ground and harvest with a knife.

qQIpMCi.jpg

Thank you!

10 hours ago, Astralweaver said:

There is a bug in your Beehive mod. This error keeps coming up.

nvalid Layer Index '1'
2023-06-25T01:02:18 1127.269 INF Entity animalBeeStump3 423 killed
Invalid Layer Index '1'
2023-06-25T01:02:20 1129.279 INF Entity animalBeeStump2 424 killed
2023-06-25T01:02:36 1145.385 INF Time: 14.00m FPS: 58.41 Heap: 2427.0MB Max: 2536.4MB Chunks: 342 CGO: 233 Ply: 1 Zom: 4 Ent: 7 (36) Items: 0 CO: 1 RSS: 14462.2MB
2023-06-25T01:03:06 1175.401 INF Time: 14.50m FPS: 60.00 Heap: 2448.4MB Max: 2536.4MB Chunks: 342 CGO: 250 Ply: 1 Zom: 3 Ent: 6 (36) Items: 0 CO: 1 RSS: 14475.1MB
Invalid Layer Index '1'
2023-06-25T01:03:25 1194.267 INF Entity animalBeeStump 426 killed
2023-06-25T01:03:27 1196.140 INF SectionType change from None to TraderBob
2023-06-25T01:03:27 1196.140 INF Played TraderBob
2023-06-25T01:03:27 1196.140 INF Fading in TraderBob
2023-06-25T01:03:27 1196.140 INF Notified SectionSelector that music played
Invalid Layer Index '1'
2023-06-25T01:03:30 1199.153 INF fadeInCo complete on TraderBob
2023-06-25T01:03:30 1199.268 INF Entity animalBeeStump 430 killed
Invalid Layer Index '1'
2023-06-25T01:03:33 1202.268 INF Entity animalBeeStump3 432 killed

Just wanted to make you aware of a bug. It is barely manageable in the game and if you quit out of game you get error null reference spam and the only way to exit out after that is to open task bar and end task the 7d2d game.

Thank for awesome mod:)

The yellow warnings are from the Unity game engine being a little over zealous with reporting, and have appeared in this mod from its initial release. Some of these types of warnings also appear with regular non modded game play as well. The main difference is you suggest this keeps appearing. By that, I assume the console window is opening automatically and displaying these messages. This is something I've never seen this mod do or be reported before. I shall test more as I didn't experience it when testing and we haven't had this reported either.

Update:
I tested in Navezgane on a new World just to ensure there were no other contributing factors and it was a close to default gameplay as possible.
I played from joining the World to reaching the first Trader. I was unable to see the console pop up or receive an NRE when ultimately leaving.

Here is a video of one attempt. The only time the console appears is when I requested it. I came across at least 5 logs in that time.

You are welcome to share your log when this issue happened because that NRE is triggered for a reason and the log should show the reason why.

Edited by arramus (see edit history)

3 minutes ago, Astralweaver said:

Ok Arramus after i verified game files the mod appears to be working now. So the game must of updated something or did something and somehow it didn't update for me. There were like 16 files verified. Anyhow it works now:)

Correct. There was a recent update in experimental versions. Confirming that it is the likely cause of the console window pop up and NRE will assist any others using these mods but experiencing the same issues. Thank you for confirming the possible cause.

1 hour ago, Winter Steale said:

I added the chicken coop modlet and rock drill to our server but at least one is not working. There are blue boxes with question marks all over the map now. Any idea what this could be from? It looks like they are where the nests would be. 

If there are blue boxes with question marks all over the map, it sounds like the birds' nest because that is what they do automatically. I have not experienced this and it has not been reported before. It sounds like a missing resources file, or some other mismatch or conflict. It would help to share the server log for the time this is happening since it is good at logging potential errors.

What should I be looking for? The mod loads fine and states completed. No error message there. Tried removing the modlet and it the issue still remains. Seems to have broken the birds nests all together and there are none in the world any more. Did not have this issue before adding the modlet. It is not a vanilla bug so TFP will not help. The file is too long and considered a text file so will not allow me to attach here either. So, I'm guessing I will have to wipe the server and start again without the modlet since it seems to not work?