(A21) Oakraven Collection

arramus

The Oakraven Forest Modpack and Oakraven Forest Collection are two separate features. The Modpack is a combination of Collection items in addition to some community mods. It was released in A20 as an overhaul bundle. It can no longer be developed because the community mods no longer exist for A20.

However, this Collection for A21 is being updated and released in several stages.

Currently in production:

- Certain workstations

- Hydroponic farming

- Bridges

There is no specific timeline on these, except to say they are being updated at this moment and will be shared in this thread as soon as that time comes.

• 4 weeks later...

The Chicken Coops Mod received a small update:

- Bird Nests have changed from wood to cloth material. They can be broken down easily with a punch for players who want the extra feathers that way.

- Movement collision has been removed from the Bird Nests. This means there will be no bump or jump when driving into one or running over one.

These updates match how A21 default nests are implemented.

• 2 weeks later...

Any idea why i get in the console when i join my server? And i see blue squares in the world.
2024-01-21T17:00:46 79.520 ERR Loading AssetBundle "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\7 Days To Die\7DaysToDie_Data\..\Mods\Zed-A21-OakravenBeeHives\Resources\BeeHivesA20.unity3d" failed!
2024-01-21T17:00:46 79.520 ERR Model '#@modfolder(Zed-A21-OakravenBeeHives):Resources/BeeHivesA20.unity3d?LogWithBeesOak' not found on block with name OldBeeStump
2024-01-21T17:00:46 79.520 ERR Model has a wrong name 'LogWithBeesOak'. Maybe check upper/lower case mismatch on block with name OldBeeStump?

Edited by wolverine576 (see edit history)

These console warnings generally appear when the mod is not being seen in the Mods folder on the client when they attempt to join the server. If the mod has been installed on the client, it may not be read if it has not fully loaded. This can sometimes be caused if it is nested in another folder and the game is unable to see the ModInfo file in the top folder layer.

It is possible to see if the Bee Hives mod loaded further up the log entry. If you aren't sure what to look for, the log can be added to somewhere like 'pastebin' which is where the game developers recommend for this forum.

• 3 weeks later...

Greetings from Russia, I and many of my friends like your work very much. I made a free russian translation for some of your mods, but I haven't published it anywhere yet. If you need my help - I will translate the whole collection of mods. Just mention my nickname on the mod page.

Greetings MeowGuuy. You are very welcome to share any translations in this post and we can link directly to them. This will allow you to manage them for the future as well because we don't want to make any mistakes as things change. We can add links into the first post and will add your name as well.

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Freddi1995 said:

Hello i would like to use your reload Workbench model for a Weapon overhaul mod if that would be possible.

Thank you for asking, and sharing the intention. Oakraven gives permission to use the 'Ammo Press Bench' in a weapon overhaul mod. All he requests is that it is credited and used in a non commercial manner.

• 2 weeks later...

This is some of the coolest stuff. Thank you. I made Rock Drills for each ore type so I could place them on nodes and they would primarily harvest whatever the node represented.

I can not get the Ammo Press to craft. I'm sure I've met all requirements. I think it's a conflict with SMX because the Ammo Press interface seems incomplete. There's no input for fuel (if reqd) and no output for ammo.

Had no issues with any of the other mods.

That's correct. SMX uses its very own specific xui/ruleset for workstation window_group.

An example for the Cooking Stations Mod where:

<window_group name="workstation_OaksCooker" controller="XUiC_WorkstationWindowGroup" open_backpack_on_open="true" close_compass_on_open="true">
			<window name="windowCraftingList"/>
			<window name="craftingInfoPanel"/>
			<window name="windowCraftingQueue"/>
			<window name="windowToolsCampfire" />
			<window name="windowFuel" />
			<window name="windowOutputBig" />
			<window name="windowNonPagingHeader" />
		</window_group>

is converted to the SMX format

<window_group name="workstation_OaksCooker" controller="XUiC_WorkstationWindowGroup" open_backpack_on_open="true" close_compass_on_open="true">
			<window name="windowCraftingListWorkstation" />
			<window name="craftingInfoPanel" />
			<window name="windowOutputWorkstationFuel" />
			<window name="windowCraftingQueueWorkstationFuel" />
			<window name="windowFuel" />
			<window name="windowToolsCampfire" />
			<window name="windowNonPagingHeader" />
		</window_group>

by way of a post loading mod that loads after the original and removes the default with a

<remove xpath="/xui/ruleset/window_group[@name='workstation_OaksCooker']"/>

before applying the SMX integration update.

For more information, consult with the SMX community as it's not supported by Oakraven since the Oakraven Collection is released for compatibility with the base game.

i play with my friend and we have all the workbench books but we cant craft all the oakraven stuff, when we look on the workbench its says we need workbench book: --

usually its says workbench books: 10/40...things like that

we play with the wasteland overhaul, the NPCcore and O-score...

i tried to remove all the other modlets we have and start a new game but still the same issue..

we will be glad if you can help.

The Wasteland Mod basically overhauls the whole Progression system and there will be some compatibility issues attempting to use Oakraven Collection Mods in The Wasteland.

Using the Oakraven Collection Mods without any other overhauls or UI Mods has not shown any issues with crafting, and is how the Collection was intended to be used. It really depends on what mods are installed alongside the Oakraven Collection.

16 hours ago, scm1893 said:

Thanks for the explanation. Patches were posted on Nexus this morning by Nocloud4u

Thank you, and regards to Nocloud4u for making the Patches. Individual links to the Patches have been added in the first post for the 4 mods that required them.

Here are a couple of updates for the Coops and Hives.

1. Set crafting time added to some recipes since A21 increases some of them quite dramatically.

2. Chicken Stew recipe had 5 chicken rations as a requirement but the combined food value was less than the sum. This has been re-balanced.

3. New recipe in the Hives for Blueberry Bread Pudding. This was added to Preppocalypse to give the Old Sham Sandwich an additional purpose and couples with the Honey Comb for that Infection assistance.

4. The display for food items has been customised to allow all of the primary values to be seen.

A couple of images to demonstrate.

Blueberry Bread Pudding with all of its beneficial values displayed, and an icon to reflect the majority of the ingredients.

spacer.png

Honey Pumpkin Pie and other recipes that use less complex ingredients have a set recipe time of 60 - 90 seconds which will also benefit from cooking skill time reduction.

This should have ironed out any A21 requirements and brings that 'homestead' bread pudding into the mix with an ingredient that has limited scope.

spacer.png

Here is an additional Mod for the Oakraven Collection and a workstation from A20 that was requested.

https://www.moddb.com/mods/oakraven-forest-collection/downloads/a21-oakraven-cement-mixer

Oakraven Cement Mixer

The Oakraven Cement Mixer unlocks at crafting skill level 40 for Workstations, following the regular T3 Cement Mixer at level 30. It expands on a regular Cement Mixer by mixing Stacks of 1000 Concrete Mix for 30% less resources than single units. It also mixes in 30% less time.

spacer.png

The Output area is also expanded to allow it to be used as a storage container.

spacer.png

Thank you to Oakraven for sharing a custom workstation with a balanced gain for a later unlock level.

spacer.png

Can I add this mod to my modpack and post it so it it easier for my friends to download? (I dont want to send my friends 30 mods each) I am also going to be making changes to some code which will me to require to do this. If you say no (Which is fine with me) then I cant use this mod at all. Thanks! - Gamin

Redistributing Oakraven Collection Mods in a private and hidden Modpack for community members and friends is acceptable. An example of this is behind a community Discord which requires members to join in order to access the files.

Redistributing Oakraven Collection Mods publicly is not acceptable. It can cause licensing issues for any paid for assets and potential file mismatches if a host and client are using differing builds.

For more information, read the TFP Guidelines on Modding Policy.

The Blue Rock and Crystal Rock are found in the Wasteland Biome. For players using Navezgane or a custom World that incorporates Burnt Forest, they can additionally be found there.

10 hours ago, arramus said:

The Blue Rock and Crystal Rock are found in the Wasteland Biome. For players using Navezgane or a custom World that incorporates Burnt Forest, they can additionally be found there.

thanks