(A21) Oakraven Collection

arramus

I'm working on an Overhaul and want to include a few Oak Raven goodies. I'm having an issue with bee log spawns causing "invalid Layer index -1" warnings. I noticed they are very rare to spawn. For the moment I disable the Bee Log spawns "0" to stop the error so I can still use the hives. I fairly new to unity so I haven't looked into it other than narrowing down the error and putting a band-aid on it.  Any chance you could take a gander at this? I ran the mod stand alone for testing and still got the errors so no conflicts. Thanks. So happy you shared these Modlets! PS:srry for being long winded just wanted to be thorough.

On 10/11/2023 at 9:17 AM, ParkAir024 said:

Any chance that you'll update the torches and workbenches mod you had for A21?

The intention is certainly to update each mod, with those being used in overhauls first (the electrics for AOO, hives/coops for Wild West Mod, etc) and then the whole collection where appropriate.

1 hour ago, DuhWolf said:

I'm working on an Overhaul and want to include a few Oak Raven goodies. I'm having an issue with bee log spawns causing "invalid Layer index -1" warnings. I noticed they are very rare to spawn. For the moment I disable the Bee Log spawns "0" to stop the error so I can still use the hives. I fairly new to unity so I haven't looked into it other than narrowing down the error and putting a band-aid on it.  Any chance you could take a gander at this? I ran the mod stand alone for testing and still got the errors so no conflicts. Thanks. So happy you shared these Modlets! PS:srry for being long winded just wanted to be thorough.

The logs spawn in just the Forest biome and the invalid layer warnings is caused by a snake turning into a log block on an unacceptable surface since it is looking for ground and not asphalt road, etc. It happens with a few Vanilla game blocks as well and can be seen when travelling over a town in Q when debugging and generally references 'childs'. It is a Unity reporting feature that remains in the main game. Removing the log feature entirely and using trees or stumps to drop Queen Bees instead has been a workaround for some overhauls who prefer not to see these warnings. As soon as the overhaul is in a release condition, feel free to request permission to use whichever collection mods are being considered as per the opening post and I'll let Oakraven know. This ensures any use of the paid for content is kept up to date with the original modeller where applicable. They have a pretty open license, but like to be kept in the loop.

13 hours ago, arramus said:

The logs spawn in just the Forest biome and the invalid layer warnings is caused by a snake turning into a log block on an unacceptable surface since it is looking for ground and not asphalt road, etc. It happens with a few Vanilla game blocks as well and can be seen when travelling over a town in Q when debugging and generally references 'childs'. It is a Unity reporting feature that remains in the main game. Removing the log feature entirely and using trees or stumps to drop Queen Bees instead has been a workaround for some overhauls who prefer not to see these warnings. As soon as the overhaul is in a release condition, feel free to request permission to use whichever collection mods are being considered as per the opening post and I'll let Oakraven know. This ensures any use of the paid for content is kept up to date with the original modeller where applicable. They have a pretty open license, but like to be kept in the loop.

Right on, I hope to incorporate the collection  when I get all the details ironed out. I'll  take a look for their license agreement to be safe on what I can do. I am assuming no monetary gain and credit on content via description and maybe load screen. The monobike for sure is a must.

On 9/19/2023 at 4:48 AM, Greymyst said:

We are looking forward to more releases, so how about a revamped farming one with animals etc? 😜

Oakraven tries to fill gaps and bring new innovations for the community and we were kind of hoping this one would be released and it just has.

Here is a small update for both the Coops and Hives based on a request by @lordneg.

This update is already used in overhauls such as The Wild West Mod and Preppocalypse.
It has shown to be appropriate, and comparable to A21 Dew Collector dynamics.

Coops and Hives can drop back to the player inventory when fully broken. This matches how A21 allows the Dew Collector to be broken down to a Dew Collector in the early A21 release and then parts with a possible filter in updates. Here is how it works.

After selecting and placing the Coop or Hive of your choice, you still have a chance to pick it up again before placing Chicks or a Queen Bee. However, once populated this is not possible. Once the Coop reaches laying stage and the hive reaches production stage you can break the Coop or Hive and it will drop back into the player inventory as a helper type which can be placed again. Since it is the helper type you can replace it with another type. The trade off is loss of Chicks and Queen Bee.

Picture examples to demonstrate. Break the Coop in the Laying/Nesting Stage. Do the same for the Hive in Production Stage.

spacer.png

Your Coop or Hive will drop back into inventory to be used again. This can first be seen with the small icon on the bottom right showing +1 for Coop being placed into Inventory.

spacer.png

I just wanted to throw out a suggestion for the Cooking Stations mod. I changed the game symbol I think it was campfire to cookware, that way when I go to make a recipe I can distinguish an Oakraven Cookstation recipe from all other recipes.

<property name="WorkstationIcon" value="ui_game_symbol_cookware"/>

A good suggestion, and one that is often added to overhauls, and adds to the growing selection of tips and suggestions in this thread that others can incorporate. This can certainly ensure that custom mods with their own recipes are well differentiated.

• 3 weeks later...

These mods are designed for default game play, and there is nothing to fix.

The first post shows a link to an SMX patch made by a player who wanted to use both SMX and the Cooking Stations at the same time.
The community is welcome to create additional patches for the same purpose for other mods in the collection.

49 minutes ago, arramus said:

Эти моды предназначены для игры по умолчанию, и в них нечего исправлять.

В первом посте показана ссылка на патч SMX, созданный игроком, который хотел использовать SMX и кулинарные станции одновременно.
Сообщество может создавать дополнительные патчи с той же целью для других модов в коллекции.

patch dosent work

• 3 weeks later...

The Oakraven Chicken Coops Mod has been updated as follows:

Snap to Ground
A21 provides a greater amount of blocks that sit flush on the ground even if the ground is at an angle. The egg nests have also received this update in the default game and The Oakraven Chicken Coops Mod matches that same featured. Here is an image to demonstrate:

The nests can sit on slopes and other irregular shapes even if they are not full blocks. This allows them to sit on the side of hills and on top of half block rooftops.
Since the nests do not break when looted, the option to break after looting is always there. There is a small harvest reward for each nest. Otherwise, they will be repopulated every 4 default days.

spacer.png

Here is an update to the Oakraven Collection.

Oakraven Ammo Press can be downloaded here.
https://www.moddb.com/mods/oakraven-forest-collection/downloads/a21-oakraven-ammo-press

The Oakraven Ammo Press for A21 provides a compact form factor solution to ammo production. It follows regular ammo economics, but will free up your Workbench with its space saving design. It unlocks at Level 40 as a Tier 3 item in the same track as the Mixer for Workstations.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Production UI is the same as with the Workbench. The recipe to craft an Oakraven Ammo Bench is tier specific, and its 'heat' footprint is low since it performs a limited but highly functional task.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Terms of Use apply on this Mod, as with all Oakraven Collection Mods.

Permission is required to use any of these Mods in overhauls or Modpacks and is governed by TFPs guidelines. Do not upload any of Oakraven Collection Mods on places such as Nexus.

If anyone has downloaded the Ammo Bench, a small update was added to give it a default Output Window where the ammo is collected once crafted. It was using a custom one which didn't exist and was remnant to A20. It may get expanded in time, we shall see. If already downloaded, go to Config, XUi, XUi.xml and change windowOutputArmoury to WindowOutput.

On 12/8/2023 at 1:16 PM, arramus said:

Oakraven has a list of things to do and this is on it. I shall send a reminder at this exact moment. ^^

Thank you very much Arramus.
Great job you and Oakraven do, thanks for the Ammobench mod.

Regards

Gouki

Happy Holydays to all.

Here's a small update for the Ammo Press.

1. Categorized tabs for Ammo / Regular Ammo / HP Ammo / AP Ammo

The Ammo Press can show 4 categories for all ammo types in a list, or in their separate types. The breaching slug has been added to regular since it's kind of in limbo. ^^

The first tab is for Ammo and show all types.

spacer.png

The last one is specific to AP Ammo.

spacer.png

Apologies for another update, but it had to be done eventually and time permitted to get it completed.

hi, I'm new to the mods on 7 days to die, I have a question, I had put your mod chickens, chicken coop etc, I had the "BLUE?" boxes. and I was no longer able to remove them, I had to reset everything. if the world exists, is there no way to just remove the mod to remove the blue boxes?

The World bakes some things into it when first configured. The blue boxes appear to be mod nests conflicting with default nests. A20 and before didn't cause the blue boxes in this way. A21 causes the blue box issue. I am not aware of any way to remove the blue boxes. It has not been posted about in this forum from what I have read. The reason for the warning before installing this mod is about that blue box issue. The blue boxes mean 'missing block' and it is looking for what seems to be baked into the World.