(A21) Server Side Zombies PLUS

arramus

13 minutes ago, arramus said:

It seems the NPCCore just received an update for A21.1 but will push an additional update due to dedicated server bug fixes as things further improve. Not sure how switching from b6 to b12 will impact things either. For the Server Side Zombies though, Scorcher was bottom of the list and should start appearing now that a parsing issue for last entity in a list has been added to the list of fixes for b12. Thanks to the Guppy's for observing it, digging through the code to find it, and then suggesting a fix to resolve it.

Gotcha, yeah I'll have to leave it out for now (NPCCore) since I have quite a few modlets and don't wanna restart now on 21.1. 

Thanks. 

Hi yall, so just installed the serverplus, starter kit, does it require a player to be fresh on the server, or will it work for players already in? Its not showing up when we added it after the start, so wasnt sure if I had done something wrong or have to be a brand new character.

The starter kit requires a player to just be joining the World for the very first time as a brand new player. You haven't done anything wrong in that regard.

Accessing the Creative Menu, and giving one to any players who may have missed the opportunity, but prefer not to have their player save deleted and join again, sounds like a fair compromise if the Server Admin accept it.

• 4 weeks later...

I was holding off a little on taking things further with expanding, as each experimental so far is releasing some pretty overhauling updates. The vehicles were overhauled with their turbo/torque settings, and the entities lost their material overlay ability. These happened after initial A21 release even though they are incredibly fundamental and far beyond simple updates/patching. It doesn't hurt to share ideas at any time though.

On 9/3/2023 at 8:33 PM, arramus said:

I was holding off a little on taking things further with expanding, as each experimental so far is releasing some pretty overhauling updates. The vehicles were overhauled with their turbo/torque settings, and the entities lost their material overlay ability. These happened after initial A21 release even though they are incredibly fundamental and far beyond simple updates/patching. It doesn't hurt to share ideas at any time though.

well all i had for now is giant zombies of various size made larger by the nuclear radiation though feel free to add whatever extra details you guys want to these giant zombies. this is just a base idea i had for yall to work with

• 1 month later...

Here is a small update for the Server Side Zombies PLUS.

1. Paindeer

Paindeer rejoins the PLUS zombies from A20 since it doesn't use any overlays and fits in well with the other types. It will appear at the same frequency as the other challenging animals, like Gory Grace.

spacer.png

Here is a not so small update for the Server Side PLUS Zombies.

1. Fragger.

This is a lighter version of the rocket launching base wrecking Juggernaut. His base is the Demolisher.

He can fire 2 flurries of rockets in a burst of 3 at a time. As a Fragger his rockets are primarily set to cause entity damage while his hand held auger will cause the base block damage. A full on hit from the burst of 3 is going to hurt a lot and has the potential to be lights out. A single hit or even two may be critical but not life ending. With 2 flurries at a time, well...

Since the rocket is focusing more on Frag, he will appear at a rate of a third of the Scorcher and be more noticable, but will certainly not be the rule.

As with the Scorcher, the Fragger cannot donate like a regular Demolisher.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Edited by arramus (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...

Entity mods like this work just fine with current World saves. And if it doesn't quite match the server dynamics, it can be removed as well. Entities can disappear into nothingness unlike items and blocks which can break Worlds and player inventories.

2 hours ago, arramus said:

Entity mods like this work just fine with current World saves. And if it doesn't quite match the server dynamics, it can be removed as well. Entities can disappear into nothingness unlike items and blocks which can break Worlds and player inventories.

Awesome, thanks, works super good! Is there any way to remove/disable the zombies with pistols/guns? The other zombies are fine but my friends thinks it a bit too much when they run around and shoot at us :D

It is possible to remove or disable zombies which are not appropriate for your friends' game styles. Here is the way TFP do it for disabling, and it is done in the Config folder for the entitygroups.xml file.

The number 0 tells the zombie not to appear. It is placed just after the comma and space. An example we can see in the main game is:

zombieMarleneRadiated, 0

This tells her not to appear in the Hospital POI for low Game Stage players and helps balance the experience.

By changing the zombies with guns in the same way, it can disable them. For example,

zombieTARifleSoldierPLUS, .1
can change to
zombieTARifleSoldierPLUS, 0

The alternative is to delete the whole entry line.

The top areas of that file control how these zombies appear in the biomes.
The bottom long section controls how they appear in Horde Night.

16 minutes ago, arramus said:

It is possible to remove or disable zombies which are not appropriate for your friends' game styles. Here is the way TFP do it for disabling, and it is done in the Config folder for the entitygroups.xml file.

The number 0 tells the zombie not to appear. It is placed just after the comma and space. An example we can see in the main game is:

zombieMarleneRadiated, 0

This tells her not to appear in the Hospital POI for low Game Stage players and helps balance the experience.

By changing the zombies with guns in the same way, it can disable them. For example,

zombieTARifleSoldierPLUS, .1
can change to
zombieTARifleSoldierPLUS, 0

The alternative is to delete the whole entry line.

The top areas of that file control how these zombies appear in the biomes.
The bottom long section controls how they appear in Horde Night.

Alright, thank you so much for the help! Good job on the mod!

On 10/21/2023 at 2:33 AM, arramus said:

i want it all the time in game and in ALL areas..is this possible?

40 minutes ago, AndrewT said:

https://www.nexusmods.com/7daystodie/mods/3558

get yourself this mod by vedui42 it works with the serverside zombies it works for me

This mod has the effect of increasing the spawning of Zombies in the "wilderness" and towns/cities. It does not affect blood moons, wandering hordes, or POI spawns.

THX for help, but i want it in ALL THE GAME...in houses, bloodmoon wandering hordes and normal in EVERY AREA :) (like change to normal zombies with these)

This mod began life in the A20-Preppocalypse Mod, which continues as A21-Preppocalypse. It is specifically noted for the armed default zombies.
A21-Preppocalypse integrates these entities into:

- Biomes
- Sleeper Volumes in the POIs and added to Game Stage so they appear more frequently as we progress just like regular radiated appear
- Horde Night
- Screamer Hordes

It does not integrate them into:
- Wandering Hordes (because numbers are increased a lot compared to default)

They were released a this stand alone Server Side Zombies PLUS for A21 because the previous type in A20 were no longer possible. The feature to make them fully functional was removed from the game. This Server Side Zombies PLUS Mod will remain just in the Biomes and Horde Night, since Preppocalypse already performs the requested feature (beyond Wandering Hordes). Consider trying A21-Preppocalypse as it offers much of what is being requested. You'll understand that I prefer not to carry over any more features directly out of Preppocalypse into Server Side Zombies PLUS.

A21-Preppocalypse can be found here:

As for the Wandering Horde request, it is possible to enfuse them into that group using the Improved Wandering Hordes Mod by FilUnderscore which is found here.

https://community.7daystodie.com/topic/26781-improved-hordes-a211/

17 hours ago, arramus said:

This mod began life in the A20-Preppocalypse Mod, which continues as A21-Preppocalypse. It is specifically noted for the armed default zombies.
A21-Preppocalypse integrates these entities into:

- Biomes
- Sleeper Volumes in the POIs and added to Game Stage so they appear more frequently as we progress just like regular radiated appear
- Horde Night
- Screamer Hordes

It does not integrate them into:
- Wandering Hordes (because numbers are increased a lot compared to default)

They were released a this stand alone Server Side Zombies PLUS for A21 because the previous type in A20 were no longer possible. The feature to make them fully functional was removed from the game. This Server Side Zombies PLUS Mod will remain just in the Biomes and Horde Night, since Preppocalypse already performs the requested feature (beyond Wandering Hordes). Consider trying A21-Preppocalypse as it offers much of what is being requested. You'll understand that I prefer not to carry over any more features directly out of Preppocalypse into Server Side Zombies PLUS.

A21-Preppocalypse can be found here:

As for the Wandering Horde request, it is possible to enfuse them into that group using the Improved Wandering Hordes Mod by FilUnderscore which is found here.

https://community.7daystodie.com/topic/26781-improved-hordes-a211/

i have this mod...i use it...but no from the new zombies spawn in the wandering horde..perhaps sometimes 1

3 hours ago, 7daysOfFun said:

i have this mod...i use it...but no from the new zombies spawn in the wandering horde..perhaps sometimes 1

That's correct. It can set its own wandering horde list but needs to be done manually since it requires configuration. The entitygroups.xml in the Server Side Zombies will show the names to be added.

On 10/24/2023 at 2:53 AM, arramus said:

That's correct. It can set its own wandering horde list but needs to be done manually since it requires configuration. The entitygroups.xml in the Server Side Zombies will show the names to be added.

can u perphaps give an example how i edit it? or can u edit it and post it as "ultimate hardcore mod? " iwant this zombies all time..perhaps 75% of the time (100% is i think 2 hard, the flying molotow are very tricky and the gun ones)

For the A21-ServerSideZombiesPLUS Mod, go to Config/entitygroups.xml file

For the first 10 lists, which are for biomes, you will see things like:

zombieRocketPLUS, .025

Change that to just

zombieRocketPLUS

It removes that .025 probability chance and they will appear a lot more frequently. If you want even more change to

zombieRocketPLUS, 1.5

The next 300+ lists are specifically for Horde Night.

• 2 months later...

I would like to use this mod, but I want to take some of the creatures out. the paindeer and rabbit for example. I did DL the mod and remove them, but them i got red codes. anything special I have to do to remove certain things. thanks 

8 minutes ago, arramus said:

Removing their entries from the entitygroups.xml is the most appropriate way to ensure they do not appear.

thanks for the reply I was reading over the posts here in the forums and saw another post about removing stuff. I am sorry I missed it before I asked. If I make the chance zero that they spawn. so this animalZombieBunnyPLUS, .1, would become animalZombieBunnyPLUS, .0. and it stop them from spawning? thanks