(A21) Server Side Zombies PLUS

arramus

I think you're going to have a conflict free experience since entity mods are typically the most forgiving because of their dynamic nature. Even if it is removed from a server at a later date, server restart may show a warning in the log for a missing entity but they get purged from play.

The only potential issue is if another mod overwrites the entity groups in a big way, and wipes all of these out. In such a circumstance, renaming this mod by adding the letter Z at the front can allow it to load last based on numerical and alphabetical order and bring them back.

This mod was made to be additive and simply add on to existing default features. Because of that, it is quite harmless to other mods as well. It's been a few years now and the only major posts have been identical to what you have implemented, and how to mellow things a little.

17 minutes ago, arramus said:

I think you're going to have a conflict free experience since entity mods are typically the most forgiving because of their dynamic nature. Even if it is removed from a server at a later date, server restart may show a warning in the log for a missing entity but they get purged from play.

The only potential issue is if another mod overwrites the entity groups in a big way, and wipes all of these out. In such a circumstance, renaming this mod by adding the letter Z at the front can allow it to load last based on numerical and alphabetical order and bring them back.

This mod was made to be additive and simply add on to existing default features. Because of that, it is quite harmless to other mods as well. It's been a few years now and the only major posts have been identical to what you have implemented, and how to mellow things a little.

Awesome. 

Yeah I'm going to try it for a bit. Seems very good and intense. I usually play insane "RUN day time speed" but maybe have to tone it down. Since these zeds are very strong. But I like the variety. 

Deleting entries in the entitygroups.xml allows them to be removed from their specific biomes, and/or the Horde Night Groups.

Using an application such as Notepad ++ will allow batch deletion since that file has grown from about 750 lines in A20 to just under 10,000 in A21 based on how things are now handled.

16 minutes ago, MrSamuelAdams said:

How do you do that? 😕

In the first list in the entitygroups.xml you can see how it governs a group called ZombieAll. This is a very general group which spawns out in the Biomes.

Original

<csv xpath="/entitygroups/entitygroup[@name='ZombiesAll']/text()" delim="\n" op="add" >
        animalZombieBunnyPLUS, .1
        animalZombieSnakePLUS, .1
        animalZombieChickenPLUS, .1
        zombieSMGArlenePLUS, .1
        zombieTARifleSoldierPLUS, .1
        zombieBatonHazmatPLUS, .1
        zombieSteelAxeLumberjackPLUS, .1
        zombieMachetePartyGirlPLUS, .1
        zombiePistolBusinessManPLUS, .1
        zombieNailgunUtilityWorkerPLUS, .1
        zombieSniperBoePLUS, .1
        zombieChainsawMoePLUS, .1
        zombieDesertVultureTomClarkPLUS, .1
        zombiePumpShotgunBikerPLUS, .1
        zombieBatonFatCopPLUS, .1
        zombieSteelClubFemaleFatPLUS, .1
        zombieBoltNursePLUS, .1
        zombieSteelSledgehammerFatHawaiianPLUS, .1
        animalZombieLargePlasmaVulturePLUS, .05        
        zombieSpiderFeralBomberPLUS, .05
        zombieSpiderFeralGliderPLUS, .05
        zombieM60DemolitionPLUS, .05
        animalBossZombieGracePLUS, .05
        zombieWightRadiationShowerPLUS, .05
        zombieBogeymanPLUS, .05
        zombieCrispyPLUS, .05
        zombieScorcherPLUS, .05        
    </csv>

Edited to remove shooters, not flyers.

<csv xpath="/entitygroups/entitygroup[@name='ZombiesAll']/text()" delim="\n" op="add" >
        zombieBogeymanPLUS, .05
        zombieCrispyPLUS, .05    
    </csv>

10 hours ago, MrSamuelAdams said:

Thank you! I'll try this 

And as you saw (your recent recognition is appreciated), the A21 Server Side Weapons, even in their limited capacity can give players a better fighting chance and are much more available as it's purely based on luck rather than Game Stage. ^^
Instead of removing, it is also possible to lower the ranged type from .1 to something like .025 so they become the rare exception.

4 minutes ago, arramus said:

And as you saw (your recent recognition is appreciated), the A21 Server Side Weapons, even in their limited capacity can give players a better fighting chance and are much more available as it's purely based on luck rather than Game Stage. ^^
Instead of removing, it is also possible to lower the ranged type from .1 to something like .025 so they become the rare exception.

yeah, I'll have to mess with those. I have like 115 modlets in my game now lol. I already have a few weapon modlets and the Rings mod as well to help bring some buffs. I will relook into that, if I wanted the range ones at .1 do I have to do all of them or just the zombies under ZombiesAll?

All I'm afraid...

But, an application like Notepad ++ will allow you to choose one entry and change all that are exactly the same throughout the whole page.

There is a lot of duplication in there even though it's so long. The changes come in batches for the Horde Night entries.

I'm not getting this to work correctly. I installed it, and had some of the special zombies. Once I exited and re-entered, they no longer spawn. I also created a new game and still no spawns. Checked in the f6 menu and there are no "+" nexts to any zombies & no new names. It says its loading, no errors or anything on the log menu. Any idea on this?

Test on a totally new World using Navezgane with only the Server Side Zombies PLUS mod. If they are spawning or can be seen in the F6 menu it tells us it is loading for you appropriately. Add back in any other mods you are using one by one until you cannot spawn any as explained in the post. It may help show a conflict or a mod that is overwriting the Server Side Zombies. A full copy of the whole logs file uploaded to somewhere like pastebin (as recommended for sharing bugs with the game devs) can share things that don't always show in the console.
https://pastebin.com/

Edited by arramus (see edit history)

On 7/18/2023 at 11:18 AM, arramus said:

In the first list in the entitygroups.xml you can see how it governs a group called ZombieAll. This is a very general group which spawns out in the Biomes.

Original

zombieSMGArlenePLUS, .1
        zombieSniperBoePLUS, .1
        zombieBoltNursePLUS, .1
        zombieBogeymanPLUS, .05
        zombieCrispyPLUS, .05
        zombieScorcherPLUS, .05        
    </csv>

zombieBogeymanPLUS, .05
        zombieCrispyPLUS, .05    
    </csv>

I appreciate this I found the Shooting zombies OP and annoying originally made me disable mod

On 7/18/2023 at 11:18 AM, arramus said:

Original

zombieSMGArlenePLUS, .1
        zombieSniperBoePLUS, .1
        zombieBoltNursePLUS, .1
        zombieBogeymanPLUS, .05
        zombieCrispyPLUS, .05
        zombieScorcherPLUS, .05        
    </csv>

zombieBogeymanPLUS, .05
        zombieCrispyPLUS, .05    
    </csv>

I made this change to zombies all but I'm still getting shooting zombies, found one in the city

If you continued reading the thread following that, which is a few posts above yours, the next related question was 'do I have to do all of them or just the zombies under ZombiesAll?'

The response was

All I'm afraid...

But, an application like Notepad ++ will allow you to choose one entry and change all that are exactly the same throughout the whole page.

There is a lot of duplication in there even though it's so long. The changes come in batches for the Horde Night entries.

Did you recently add or remove a mod? The answer is almost certainly, yes.
Adding or removing mods changed ID numbers of items and blocks.

meleeHandZombieTARifleSolderPLUS is an item. It replaces something else that used to have this ID number.

Don't add or remove mods once a World has started unless you can accept this kind of risk.
Things that can help reduce this risk:

- Make a backup just in case.
- Test on a test server.

- Empty player inventory before restarting the server with new mods or removed mods.

Hey, just wanted to note. 

It seems something to do with NPCCore doesn't work with the vultures and they are invincible when using this mod and that mod together. 

All the other PLUS zombies are fine. But the Vultures are not killable. I'll try and see what's going on. 

Edit: Seems to be all vultures not just the "PLUS" one. Hmmmm

Edited by MrSamuelAdams (see edit history)

It seems the NPCCore just received an update for A21.1 but will push an additional update due to dedicated server bug fixes as things further improve. Not sure how switching from b6 to b12 will impact things either. For the Server Side Zombies though, Scorcher was bottom of the list and should start appearing now that a parsing issue for last entity in a list has been added to the list of fixes for b12. Thanks to the Guppy's for observing it, digging through the code to find it, and then suggesting a fix to resolve it.