[A21/20] Immersive Calendar Modlet

Shado47

Shado47-ImmersiveDays is a small modlet that changes the day display below the compass.
Instead of counting up "Day 1", "Day 2", "Day 3", etc., it counts up a semi-realistic calendar:

"Monday, January 1st, 2020"
"Tuesday, January 2nd, 2020"
"Wednesday, January 3rd, 2020"

It uses 364 day years instead of realistic 365 day years so it'll divide properly by 7, which means if you're playing on regular horde night settings (every 7 days), every sunday will be horde night.

The counter starts on January 1st, 2020, and after 364 days, the year will go up accordingly. This should work indefinitely.

Special thanks for their help and pointers with maths and xml code to:
- Alloc
- Laydor
- Haidr'Gna

on Guppycur's Discord Server.

Modlet is for Alpha 20 but is tested and works just fine on Alpha 21.

Download here

565794193_immersivedaysmod.thumb.png.a1cf7102132f428ef280c2e7997de5ab.png

Edited by Shado47 (see edit history)

• Shado47 changed the title to [A20] Immersive Days Modlet
  • Shado47 changed the title to [A20] Immersive Days Display Modlet
On 2/26/2023 at 6:21 AM, arramus said:

Thank you for sharing!

Can you also share the terms of usage for overhaul creators who are looking to integrate it, and what customisation is acceptable? For example, setting the year to something different. This is with the Wild West Mod in mind.

I mean, should be fine if you give credit and link to the original mod. I intend to also release a tiny update soon that removes the extra space between the year and the date before it, since there's 2 spaces there for some reason.

And I am considering to change the starting year to 2000 to simplify it. I assume for the Wild West mod you'd probably be going for 1800 or something as starting year.

If you're on Guppycur's Discord, just hit me up if you wanna discuss any further details. I'm going by "PsychedeliCon".

• 1 month later...
El 27/2/2023 a las 6:37, Shado47 dijo:

Quiero decir, debería estar bien si das crédito y vinculas al mod original. También tengo la intención de lanzar pronto una pequeña actualización que elimine el espacio adicional entre el año y la fecha anterior, ya que hay 2 espacios allí por alguna razón.

Y estoy considerando cambiar el año de inicio a 2000 para simplificarlo. Asumo que para el mod del Lejano Oeste probablemente elegirías 1800 o algo así como año de inicio.

Si estás en Discord de Guppycur, contáctame si quieres discutir más detalles. Voy por "PsychedeliCon".

How do I manually change the year, say to 2023?

• 1 month later...
On 4/14/2023 at 8:42 PM, Juanjo said:

How do I manually change the year, say to 2023?

I believe in the mod code there's a "2020" listed as a base year value somewhere. Should be in the controls.xml.

The third line has this string:

"text="{# localization('daycount_' + day%364)} {#Floor((day-1)/364) + 2020}"

You can just change the 2020 to any year you want, and it'll use it as starting year. 2020 seemed fitting because its somewhat round, better fits the tech in the game than 2000, and also there was Covid in 2020 and the unofficial lore of the mod is that Covid started the apocalypse of 7dtd. 🙃

• Shado47 changed the title to [A21/20] Immersive Calendar Modlet
On 5/30/2023 at 5:27 PM, Shado47 said:

I believe in the mod code there's a "2020" listed as a base year value somewhere. Should be in the controls.xml.

The third line has this string:

"text="{# localization('daycount_' + day%364)} {#Floor((day-1)/364) + 2020}"

You can just change the 2020 to any year you want, and it'll use it as starting year. 2020 seemed fitting because its somewhat round, better fits the tech in the game than 2000, and also there was Covid in 2020 and the unofficial lore of the mod is that Covid started the apocalypse of 7dtd. 🙃

Hey, seems like a cool mod, very here for it, unsure if you care to update it in line with the new A21 update, there's alot of calendars in game with the year 2034 on them now as part of the new assets. Just thought I'd bring this up if you wanted to make it more lore friendly.

17 hours ago, ZacATK said:

Hey, seems like a cool mod, very here for it, unsure if you care to update it in line with the new A21 update, there's alot of calendars in game with the year 2034 on them now as part of the new assets. Just thought I'd bring this up if you wanted to make it more lore friendly.

I saw, and I might do so - but I don't think the technology in the game really lines up with that. The way many assets look is alot more in line with 2013 than with 2023, much less what cars, computers, etc would look like in 2034 most likely.

It'd probably be an alternative version of the mod if I end up doing it, so I offer a download that starts in 2020 and one that starts in 2034.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 1/24/2024 at 6:47 AM, dragonslayer770 said:

Shado47  is there some way to have the day counter turn red on horde night?

thank you can cool mod.

You can have the day turn red on horde night by editing the mods controls.xml. Add [{daycolor}] to the yearcounter line so it looks like this:

<label depth="2" name="yearcounter" width="300" height="30" pos="240,-60" text="[{daycolor}]{# localization('daycount_' + day%364)} {#Floor((day-1)/364) + 2020}" font_size="28" pivot="center" effect="outline" upper_case="true" justify="center"/>

Because of the way the day is shown the entire line e.g. "Monday, January 7th, 2020" will be in red.