Declining Crack-a-Book Usefulness

GamerM231

I know this has probably been done before, but I seriously think that Crack-a-Book has been declining in usefulness. Most of the time I only find paper and MAYBE a few books. Maybe in A21 they will get some buffs with the new "Learn by Looting" system? Only time can tell.

Roland could playtest A21 already and has reported that instead of paper or empty book cases he finds a lot of magazines now.

And as the game balance needs a lot of magazines to be found just assume all the paper you found in the crack-a-book will be a magazine in A21 and you are probably near the truth.

Edited by meganoth (see edit history)

I honestly believe Crack - a - book was easy mode when you find one early game.  My suggestion to The Fun Pimps is to have magazines lying around in their appropriate POIs like Mechanic mags in Gas Stations and garages, or Medical books in Hospitals and pharmacies etc.  That way it will encourage players to visit these POIs and the less visited POIs like farms for crop growing and seeds and cooking mags in restaurants.

My 2 cents.

1 hour ago, Ripflex said:

My suggestion to The Fun Pimps is to have magazines lying around in their appropriate POIs like Mechanic mags in Gas Stations and garages, or Medical books in Hospitals and pharmacies etc.  That way it will encourage players to visit these POIs and the less visited POIs like farms for crop growing and seeds and cooking mags in restaurants.

My 2 cents.

That is the plan for A21 with the new magazine mechanic.  You can still find other magazines in those places (after all, in real life you well see a variety of magazines at those types of places), but you will have greater chances of finding appropriate magazines where you expect to find them.

Edited by Riamus (see edit history)