Suggestion or more like i wish it to be there.

Metabee0530

A fixed M60 might be too powerful for an automatic system and is not fundamentaly different to the auto-SMG, just more damage.

Lockpicks working on doors would involve lots of redesign of the dungeonstyle POIs. Too much for such a small feature,

He didn't say an M60 auto-turret (he mentions an auto-flame thrower and auto-sledge)...I believe he means a fixed M60 you place down like a turret but operate it manually.  A machine gun nest. 

Cool idea...it'd give a purpose for the M60 for me (I never use them, preferring the Tactical)...I'd place one over my gate.

Edited by Ezed (see edit history)

18 hours ago, Ezed said:

He didn't say an M60 auto-turret (he mentions an auto-flame thrower and auto-sledge)...I believe he means a fixed M60 you place down like a turret but operate it manually.  A machine gun nest. 

Cool idea...it'd give a purpose for the M60 for me (I never use them, preferring the Tactical)...I'd place one over my gate.

That was my interpretation also. Nice variant for defending the base.

However, if one would want an M60 auto-turret, there's a mod for that (well, its part of an overhaul - Apocalypse Now).

On 10/17/2022 at 8:12 PM, Ezed said:

Yes this is what i mean thank for the reply, all my horde base are design in a corridor base with thick walls and ceiling so i really want it to mount M60 and just mow them all straight hahaha.

3 hours ago, Metabee0530 said:

Yes this is what i mean thank for the reply, all my horde base are design in a corridor base with thick walls and ceiling so i really want it to mount M60 and just mow them all straight hahaha.

A fixed mount in the game would be exactly like an M60 you use while standing still. Just with an initial buff of ammo capacity. Lets say I don't see what that would bring.

But don't worry, I'm just a normal forum user, maybe TFP finds your idea interesting. Though I have to mention that this late in the development of the game ideas are not the problem TFP faces, but time to implement all the ideas.

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/16/2022 at 2:10 PM, meganoth said:

Lockpicks working on doors would involve lots of redesign of the dungeonstyle POIs. Too much for such a small feature,

You can simply destroy the doors as it is now with a few swings of a steel weapon, the only difference would be a more stealthy approach. It wouldn't be a difficult change to add either as it could simply mirror current locked chests with prompts to unlock. The only downside I can think of is that with a prompt newer players may be more enticed to unlock doors and bypass the level design, but I also think TFP kind of did that already with hidden loot rooms. Strange to encourage players to ignore locked doors then add hidden rooms behind those same doors.

2 hours ago, Kyoji said:

You can simply destroy the doors as it is now with a few swings of a steel weapon, the only difference would be a more stealthy approach. It wouldn't be a difficult change to add either as it could simply mirror current locked chests with prompts to unlock. The only downside I can think of is that with a prompt newer players may be more enticed to unlock doors and bypass the level design, but I also think TFP kind of did that already with hidden loot rooms. Strange to encourage players to ignore locked doors then add hidden rooms behind those same doors.

Not sure which rooms you reference with hidden rooms. There are possibly a few trap rooms that don't have a normal access route and there are a few rooms not at all hidden behind half-damaged doors you are supposed to destroy (which I consider confusing and a bad idea to include). Everything else should be a design bug. And I don't know of any end-loot room that isn't accessible through a normal route.

Edited by meganoth (see edit history)

On 11/6/2022 at 5:50 PM, meganoth said:

Not sure which rooms you reference with hidden rooms.

There are rooms that are hidden behind walls. You find them either by chance or when you notice that the inner dimensions of a room do not match the outer dimensions.

An example of such a hidden room can be found in Modern House 05. The bathroom in front of the garage has a shower cabine and if you destroy the backwall it you will find a hidden crate.

29 minutes ago, RipClaw said:

An example of such a hidden room can be found in Modern House 05. The bathroom in front of the garage has a shower cabine and if you destroy the backwall it you will find a hidden crate.

Am I missing something? Isn't that kind of the point of secret stashes? To be... secret? It should take extra exploration to find those things.

5 hours ago, RipClaw said:

There are rooms that are hidden behind walls. You find them either by chance or when you notice that the inner dimensions of a room do not match the outer dimensions.

The OP said something about breaking doors to get into the hidden rooms and his argument depends on that. Your example has no door to break.

Edited by meganoth (see edit history)

I never saw any need to carry timed charges.  Especially for doors.  By mid game, I usually can break doors within a few hits anyhow and sure, they can shelves be faster than lockpicking, but I still never saw a need.  I think I used a timer charge once and just put them in storage after seeing the result.

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/16/2022 at 12:30 PM, Metabee0530 said:

My suggestion is that i see the auto turret and auto sledgehammer, why not a auto flamethrower, and another suggestion is can we mount the M60 machinegun to any block so we mount it the just first like in the world war or something. Thanks for reading. 

nest bonus could be spit protection