Jump to content

Suggestion or more like i wish it to be there.


Metabee0530
 Share

Recommended Posts

My suggestion is that i see the auto turret and auto sledgehammer, why not a auto flamethrower, and another suggestion is can we mount the M60 machinegun to any block so we mount it the just first like in the world war or something. Thanks for reading. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

A fixed M60 might be too powerful for an automatic system and is not fundamentaly different to the auto-SMG, just more damage.

 

Lockpicks working on doors would involve lots of redesign of the dungeonstyle POIs. Too much for such a small feature,

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

He didn't say an M60 auto-turret (he mentions an auto-flame thrower and auto-sledge)...I believe he means a fixed M60 you place down like a turret but operate it manually.  A machine gun nest. 

 

Cool idea...it'd give a purpose for the M60 for me (I never use them, preferring the Tactical)...I'd place one over my gate.

 

 

Edited by Ezed (see edit history)
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, Ezed said:

He didn't say an M60 auto-turret (he mentions an auto-flame thrower and auto-sledge)...I believe he means a fixed M60 you place down like a turret but operate it manually.  A machine gun nest. 

 

Cool idea...it'd give a purpose for the M60 for me (I never use them, preferring the Tactical)...I'd place one over my gate.

 

 

That was my interpretation also. Nice variant for defending the base.

 

However, if one would want an M60 auto-turret, there's a mod for that (well, its part of an overhaul - Apocalypse Now).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/17/2022 at 8:12 PM, Ezed said:

He didn't say an M60 auto-turret (he mentions an auto-flame thrower and auto-sledge)...I believe he means a fixed M60 you place down like a turret but operate it manually.  A machine gun nest. 

 

Cool idea...it'd give a purpose for the M60 for me (I never use them, preferring the Tactical)...I'd place one over my gate.

 

 

Yes this is what i mean thank for the reply, all my horde base are design in a corridor base with thick walls and ceiling so i really want it to mount M60 and just mow them all straight hahaha.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Metabee0530 said:

Yes this is what i mean thank for the reply, all my horde base are design in a corridor base with thick walls and ceiling so i really want it to mount M60 and just mow them all straight hahaha.

 

A fixed mount in the game would be exactly like an M60 you use while standing still. Just with an initial buff of ammo capacity. Lets say I don't see what that would bring.

 

But don't worry, I'm just a normal forum user, maybe TFP finds your idea interesting. Though I have to mention that this late in the development of the game ideas are not the problem TFP faces, but time to implement all the ideas.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...
On 10/16/2022 at 2:10 PM, meganoth said:

Lockpicks working on doors would involve lots of redesign of the dungeonstyle POIs. Too much for such a small feature,

 

 

You can simply destroy the doors as it is now with a few swings of a steel weapon, the only difference would be a more stealthy approach. It wouldn't be a difficult change to add either as it could simply mirror current locked chests with prompts to unlock. The only downside I can think of is that with a prompt newer players may be more enticed to unlock doors and bypass the level design, but I also think TFP kind of did that already with hidden loot rooms. Strange to encourage players to ignore locked doors then add hidden rooms behind those same doors.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Kyoji said:

You can simply destroy the doors as it is now with a few swings of a steel weapon, the only difference would be a more stealthy approach. It wouldn't be a difficult change to add either as it could simply mirror current locked chests with prompts to unlock. The only downside I can think of is that with a prompt newer players may be more enticed to unlock doors and bypass the level design, but I also think TFP kind of did that already with hidden loot rooms. Strange to encourage players to ignore locked doors then add hidden rooms behind those same doors.

 

Not sure which rooms you reference with hidden rooms. There are possibly a few trap rooms that don't have a normal access route and there are a few rooms not at all hidden behind half-damaged doors you are supposed to destroy (which I consider confusing and a bad idea to include). Everything else should be a design bug. And I don't know of any end-loot room that isn't accessible through a normal route.

 

 

 

Edited by meganoth (see edit history)
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/6/2022 at 5:50 PM, meganoth said:

Not sure which rooms you reference with hidden rooms.

There are rooms that are hidden behind walls. You find them either by chance or when you notice that the inner dimensions of a room do not match the outer dimensions.

An example of such a hidden room can be found in Modern House 05. The bathroom in front of the garage has a shower cabine and if you destroy the backwall it you will find a hidden crate.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, RipClaw said:

An example of such a hidden room can be found in Modern House 05. The bathroom in front of the garage has a shower cabine and if you destroy the backwall it you will find a hidden crate.

Am I missing something? Isn't that kind of the point of secret stashes? To be... secret? It should take extra exploration to find those things.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, RipClaw said:

There are rooms that are hidden behind walls. You find them either by chance or when you notice that the inner dimensions of a room do not match the outer dimensions.

An example of such a hidden room can be found in Modern House 05. The bathroom in front of the garage has a shower cabine and if you destroy the backwall it you will find a hidden crate.

 

The OP said something about breaking doors to get into the hidden rooms and his argument depends on that. Your example has no door to break.

 

Edited by meganoth (see edit history)
Link to comment
Share on other sites

late game you get timed charges which are literally reliable lockpicks that also work on doors anyway (destroys most doors in 1-2 charges and eg: takes 6k health off a locked treasure chest with 1)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I never saw any need to carry timed charges.  Especially for doors.  By mid game, I usually can break doors within a few hits anyhow and sure, they can shelves be faster than lockpicking, but I still never saw a need.  I think I used a timer charge once and just put them in storage after seeing the result.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...