Loading Screen Jokes

zztong

Tired of the same old loading screen messages? Here's a modlet that will lower the collective intelligence of players down to zombie levels. It adds thirty stupid zombie jokes to the loading screen. Download it and join in the chorus of groans.

https://github.com/brucezztong/Loading-Jokes/archive/refs/tags/Jokes-001.zip

Yeh, I'm not going to all the trouble to put this waste of bytes on Nexus Mods. Not that it represents a lot of maintenance, but if somebody is somehow inspired by this, you're welcome to take this modlet off my hands. Just let me know. It won't be a high priority to me, otherwise.

20221015195600_1.thumb.jpg.c185ab9d77fb2793a71acfd5ec01e9b6.jpg

Edited by zztong
added pic (see edit history)

• 3 months later...

I got it working on 20.6 and even changed the jokes to my own set of quotes (and changed the loading screen graphics).   Trying to remember exactly but I think I had to make an adjustment. Will copy and paste what that was later when I get off work

1 hour ago, Reptile09t said:

Tried too download and install this mod but it doesn’t seem too working on 20.6 is there any ideas or solutions too fix? Think it’s an interesting mid 😂

It was made using A20.6. I'm curious how you came by it? If it was Mod Loader, I'm not sure if it recovered from my renaming the project in Github. Do you get some kind of error message? (There isn't a lot to this modlet.)

28 minutes ago, work22 said:

I got it working on 20.6 and even changed the jokes to my own set of quotes (and changed the loading screen graphics).   Trying to remember exactly but I think I had to make an adjustment. Will copy and paste what that was later when I get off work

I'm curious what needs to be changed. I've had it installed since I made it.

Back... not seeing anything significant that I changed (just felt like a lot of XML adjustments since I replaced the quotes with different ones and added different images for the loading screens).   So @Reptile09t did you see any specific errors?   Can you put up a screenshot of the errors?  Or did the jokes not load at all and the game still load ok?  I can Dropbox my working file if you want, though I've adapted it quite a bit. 

Changing the loading screens to a more Medieval History theme may not be most people's choice with a zombie game, but I find it more pleasant and also I can play the game around family without scary zombie images popping up.  More on this "DadMod Bundle" idea later, but one reason I also play with the Animal Apocalypse mod-- as nasty infected animals replacing all zombies makes the game playable around family too.  

I do really like the modlet @zztong.   Thanks!

image.thumb.jpeg.f31374a36b7a9a93349da9c834029b5e.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.929cbf6358b8b0dff7e08619d0821e59.jpeg

No there is no error messages occurring in just getting standard “tips” on the loading screen, I found this mod just scrolling through the 7daysmods website and actually enjoyed the idea of this mod 😂 it may not be an error with the mod probably something I’m doing, but I’ve got different background mod working so dunno 🤷🏻‍♂️ I’m quite new too installing mods I won’t lie 

I’ve got different background mod working so dunno

There's some potential for collision there. If we're placing bets, I'd put my chips there, but I don't rule out my having screwed something up with that hastily assembled mod.

21 hours ago, work22 said:

-- as nasty infected animals replacing all zombies makes the game playable around family too.  

But... You killed Kitty!  And bunny! And... And.... 😭

I’m not what they call the sharpest tool in the shed 🤣

More of a hammer than a screwdriver? 😁 Nothing wrong with that. You can still get the job done.

13 hours ago, Riamus said:

But... You killed Kitty!  And bunny! And... And.... 😭

More of a hammer than a screwdriver? 😁 Nothing wrong with that. You can still get the job done.

If you've ever seen the movie Monty Python & The Holy Grail, you will not underestimate the rabbits of 7 Days to Die 😎.  The black bunny is the most vicious.  Snakes also are hard to see and sneak up on you.  Animal Apocalypse is ironically as hard as the original game, but more embarassing when you are cornered and killed in Dishong Tower by  infected chickens and bunnies.  

Hope you got the Loading Screens fixed...

Edited by work22 (see edit history)