zombie spawn

kimp3k

In alpha 20 I have a problem with zombie spawning. Durning horde nights max zombies is like 12, despite blood moon count maxed out to 64. While on a mission for a trader zombies do not spawn at poi making it impssible to complete.

It would help a lot if you could just follow instructions.

I fixed your post to make it a Pastebin link instead of a wall of text. Common sense tells you that massive walls of text are bad, and the instructions PINNED at the top of the forum that literally tell you to read them BEFORE YOU POST tell you how to post your log properly. All you have to do is use some basic common sense and look around before blasting the heads off of everyone in the forum. I mean it literally took me only about 20 seconds to fix your post, and half of that was just highlighting the text.  Some of it is @%$#ed up though thanks to the forum re-formatting it. (Another one of the primary reasons to never dump your log into a forum like that.)

Your issue is a lack of understanding how the game works. Again, you could fix this issue by doing some research and reading beforehand.

Just because you set max zeds to 64, does not mean you will immediately have 64 zeds. The difficulty is based on your gamestage, and you will not get max spawn until your characters gamestage reflects that.  You don't even need to Google this kind of information, it's literally in the Wiki.

So we look at where you start your bloodmoon....

2022-08-14T14:38:51 4399.907 INF BloodMoon starting for day 14
2022-08-14T14:38:51 4399.909 INF Party of 1, game stage 76, enemy max 315, bonus every 12
2022-08-14T14:38:51 4399.909 INF Party members: 
2022-08-14T14:38:51 4399.909 INF Player id 171, gameStage 76

Your gamestage is 76

So then we look at the code for ghe bloodmoon spawner. Your gamestage is 76 and the game has chosen to spawn stage 74 for you since that is the closest without rounding up.

<gamestage stage="74">
			<spawn group="feralHordeStageGS64" num="105" maxAlive="25" duration="2" interval="19"/>
			<spawn group="feralHordeStageGS69" num="105" maxAlive="25" duration="2" interval="20"/>
			<spawn group="feralHordeStageGS74" num="105" maxAlive="25" duration="7"/>
		</gamestage>

Based on this, the absolute most you will see alive at one time is 25. Depending on the world around you, they may not all arrive at once.

7 hours ago, kimp3k said:

Mono path[0] = 'C:/Program Files/WindowsApps/TheFunPimps.7DaystoDiePC_0.2005.2.0 - Pastebin.com

i honestly did not know how to attach a file so ... there it is.

Oh look it's a handy link now! ~ SylenThunder

You have a bunch of chunk errors, lots of zombies falling off the world so I wouldn’t be surprised if there are parts of the game that are not playing right. Unfortunately, I’m not sure it can be fixed without creating a new seed. If you really want to continue this game……it will take some prep. Get into the game, write down your level, your base location, what day it is, all of your inventory including what’s in your boxes, look up and write down what book’s you’ve read. Leave the game. When you first launch 7days, it gives you the option to bring up the game launcher or play…..select game launcher. Select Tools tab, select clean and check all of the boxes and hit clean….everything including your saves are now gone. Exit out.

Now verify the integrity of the game files and do it twice. This will download any faulty files. Generate a new seed using the same name as before. When you join you are at level 1. Open the console and type dm then hit enter. In the console type giveselfxp hit space then a number. For the first one I’d type giveselfxp 500000. That should get you roughly to level 40ish. Keep using the command but use 100000 until you get close to your level. Once you reach it type cm in the console which gives you access to the creative menu. Close the console and hit the U key which opens that menu and you can now get everything in your inventory back including books. Bring up the map, find where your base location was. Press & hold left control then click your mouse(can’t recall if it’s left or right click) on the location, it should teleport you to that location. Hit escape button and on the right is the ability to change the day…it’s a bit of a pain but you can get to your day. Once you’re done, open console and type dm and now you’re done. Spend your points, read the books and build your base. You could use the creative menu to get the supplies to build your base if needed.

Now if you want, you could just start a new game. Still follow what I said in the first paragraph to clean your game then ignore the rest of my wall of text lol.

2 hours ago, SylenThunder said:

It would help a lot if you could just follow instructions.

I fixed your post to make it a Pastebin link instead of a wall of text. Common sense tells you that massive walls of text are bad, and the instructions PINNED at the top of the forum that literally tell you to read them BEFORE YOU POST tell you how to post your log properly. All you have to do is use some basic common sense and look around before blasting the heads off of everyone in the forum. I mean it literally took me only about 20 seconds to fix your post, and half of that was just highlighting the text.  Some of it is @%$#ed up though thanks to the forum re-formatting it. (Another one of the primary reasons to never dump your log into a forum like that.)

Your issue is a lack of understanding how the game works. Again, you could fix this issue by doing some research and reading beforehand.

Just because you set max zeds to 64, does not mean you will immediately have 64 zeds. The difficulty is based on your gamestage, and you will not get max spawn until your characters gamestage reflects that.  You don't even need to Google this kind of information, it's literally in the Wiki.

So we look at where you start your bloodmoon....

2022-08-14T14:38:51 4399.907 INF BloodMoon starting for day 14
2022-08-14T14:38:51 4399.909 INF Party of 1, game stage 76, enemy max 315, bonus every 12
2022-08-14T14:38:51 4399.909 INF Party members: 
2022-08-14T14:38:51 4399.909 INF Player id 171, gameStage 76

Your gamestage is 76

So then we look at the code for ghe bloodmoon spawner. Your gamestage is 76 and the game has chosen to spawn stage 74 for you since that is the closest without rounding up.

<gamestage stage="74">
			<spawn group="feralHordeStageGS64" num="105" maxAlive="25" duration="2" interval="19"/>
			<spawn group="feralHordeStageGS69" num="105" maxAlive="25" duration="2" interval="20"/>
			<spawn group="feralHordeStageGS74" num="105" maxAlive="25" duration="7"/>
		</gamestage>

Based on this, the absolute most you will see alive at one time is 25. Depending on the world around you, they may not all arrive at once.

I may not know how the game works but I understand  basic things like game stage. I've tried many times to play from lvl 1 to 300. Either by simply playing the game ,with xp boost maxed up, and without it. I tried giving myself xp to reach higher lvl. It did not change anything, still horde nights with max 12 zombies, still poi's with no enemies to kill for a trader mission. As for fixing my post thx , I never really do things like forums so belive it or not it's my first time ever. 

Also, using your seed, world name, and size, I don't get "Old Sevuke Territory". So maybe you are using an old generated world, possibly from a previous alpha, which could cause your issues. You can get this info from the "map_info.xml" file located in your GeneratedWorlds/Old Sevuke Territory/ folder. The line is: <property name="GameVersion" value="version world was generated under" />

Also, there are many sleepers spawning in your log.

See:

2022-08-14T13:29:13 222.426 INF 198.3678 SleeperVolume 407, 42, -1413: Spawning 411, 42, -1405 (25, -88), group 'ZombieGhostTownGroupGS50', class zombieSteveCrawlerFeral, count 6

as one example of many.

So, not sure what you mean by saying

On 8/26/2022 at 7:20 AM, kimp3k said:

While on a mission for a trader zombies do not spawn at poi

Edited by Beelzybub
Adding more detail. (see edit history)

spacer.png

This is end of a crack a book poi after running aroud up and down the whole building for 2h -real time- this is I gues where last enemy should be.

13 hours ago, Beelzybub said:

Your log file is two weeks old and from the previous alpha. Have you updated to 20.6? and if so, please provide a current log file via pastebin.

Mono path[0] = 'C:/Program Files/WindowsApps/TheFunPimps.7DaystoDiePC_0.2006.9.0 - Pastebin.com

11 hours ago, kimp3k said:

Mono path[0] = 'C:/Program Files/WindowsApps/TheFunPimps.7DaystoDiePC_0.2006.9.0 - Pastebin.com

Ah, you have the "can't find the last zombie in a quest" bug. This has been reported a couple of times officially. Dunno if it has been fixed though.

See here:

And here:

Sorry, I can't help. It seems to be a known bug.

On 8/27/2022 at 7:07 AM, kimp3k said:

I knew someone will tell me try google

I don't see where anyone told you to try Google. Did I miss that?