Server browser history

Please.  For the love of God and all that's holy.

SOMEBODY PLEASE tell me how to make the old servers go away in my 7 Days Browser.

No, going to Steam Servers doesn't work:  Steam shows ZERO SERVERS.

No, uninstalling and then reinstalling the game does not work.

No, running the cache clearing junk in the launcher does not work.

NOTHING WORKS.

And the list of servers I've tried, or played on, and no longer go to, keeps expanding in my 7 Days Browser History tab.

Please.  Please please please.

SOMEBODY tell me how to make them go away.

I've looked in Roaming.  And Local.  And Steamapps.  And MyGames.

I've looked in EVERY POSSIBLE FOLDER on my C; Drive, it ain't there.

I've looked EVERYWHERE on my computer and I do not see a file that contains the list of servers that I've played on.

All I want is a SIMPLY way to make them go away.

To be able to select the ones I don't want to show up, and delete them, remove them, nuke them from orbit.

Somebody, please message me.

Just give me a file path (C:Files/files/filename.name) so I can manually go in and remove the ones I no longer care about.

Just tell me how to clear the server browser history (preferrably one server at a time).

My 7 Days Browser History should have three or four servers.  Not twenty two.  Wait, now it's twenty three.

This is like the movie The Blob.  But slimy-er.

The 7 Days Server Browser History tab should have servers I play on, or recently tried.  Not servers from February that I cannot delete.  Servers that have since activated passwords, or installed mods I don't play, or are a different version that I don't play.

The simple answer is there should be a select/delete option within the History tab of the Server Browser.

There is not.  Why? Could you add one.  Soon?  Pretty please?

The NEXT simple answer would be for somebody to care enough to FIX the server pass-through to Steam, so we can delete them like previously.

(Steam/View Servers/Right Click/Remove)

I've been nice here, and not commented on how such a basic, recently self-induced issue is being ignored, when it should be one of the first things fixed, BEFORE NEW MATERIAL IS CREATED.

Please.  FIX THIS.  HELP ME.  MAKE IT GO AWAY.

Thank you.

• 1 month later...

This has been bugging the hell out of me since the Devs decided to change how server history data works with A20.4 back in April of this year (2022) I too have been plagued with a number of old servers that I simply do not play, and do not wish to have on my list mocking me each time I want to log into a favorite server. In fact, earlier today I posted in Steam asking pretty much the exact same question as you here, albiet much more concise:

20.4 Server History change
In 20.4 the devs changed where the server history and favourite data was stored:

"Favorite and history servers are now stored independently of Steam"

Previously one could easily remove favorites, and omit their history and other servers from that list by using the Steam server's options under Viewe/Servers in the Steam App.

This no longer works with this change, but the devs neglected to mention where this information is now stored. Has anyone found where this was moved to? I'd really like to remove a few servers from that list I no longer play on

This was posted approximately an hour ago, and believe me that hour was not spent idling, as I searched the internet, and wracked my brains for a way to somehow change this data....

...and then I stumbled across your post. And more specifically, this line:

No, uninstalling and then reinstalling the game does not work.

And that pretty much gave me my answer. You see, the one thing I did not do (and now fevently wish I had, and saved myself all the trouble of searching elsewhere for an answer) was delete and reinstall the game. Don't get me wrong, I did use the verify game data function that would replace any corrupted, or missing files - but this only makes necessary changes, so I figured server history was installed in one of the untouched files. Thanks to you, I now now this isn't the case.

Now, let me ask you this: Once you delete a program, what is the only thing that isn't automatically changed?

The answer is of course: the computer registry information. Because windows has always been pretty lax at keeping itself tidy, unless one is constantly running a registry cleanup (and even then they don't always clean everything) then you have random garbage piling up in that registry file. 

Let me introduce you to my little friend:

ServerHistoryCache_h3266079278

If you open up regedit (simply type regedut in the search bar, and select the registry editor tool) and navigate  down to the following path:

Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\The Fun Pimps\7 Days To Die

You should find the above entry listed amongst a bunch of others. Delete that entry, and you delete the 7 Days to Die server history. Sadly, since there is only the one file you also lose your favorites, so make sure you jot those down before you delete this file.

Lanch the game again, and you will be welcomed with a wonderfully barren history file. 

You are most welcome

Please note that it will repopulate as you play new servers, so you may have to do this again at some point if tou keep flitting to servers and giving up on them. but at this moment in time, this appears to be THE ONLY WAY to clear your 7 Days to Die server history since the changes of A20.4.

Addendum: Please note that you will also have to delete the saved data files for servers in your 7DaysToDie roaming folder:

Users>[your name]>AppData>Roaming>7DaysToDie

There will be Generated Worlds, Logs, Saves and a SavesLocal folder. Delete only the last one, as this holds the data for servers. Possibly you only need to delete those you no longer play, but since the only readable indentifying information is the IP, it's easier to just delete the folder in its entirely.

Loading into a server will repopulate all the data anyway, with the only real issue being the discovered map data, as the fog will be reset. it's a pain, but it will sort itself out as you go.

EDIT: Typos - coz my brain thinks faster than I can type XD
Edited by wyr3d (see edit history)

The whole server situiation is a hot mess. Not only is there the issue with the favorites sitting there forever unless you fiddle with the registry (wich isn´t for everyone, but good to know for me). There is also the big issue that you can´t see your whole list of favorites if they are in different regions. Like wtf? What´s the point of a favorite list if not seeing all your favorites in one place at once?

There must be some easier way as I have opened the list and had all my saved servers gone. The list completely empty. Had to find them and add them again.

Have no idea how it has happened as I pretty much just closed the game one time and opened it another.

Now, It may have something to do with me playing older versions. I sometimes play versions as far back as 6 or 7. Maybe that screwed up my list.

Not that I have looked for servers with those older versions but maybe something weird happens when you play the older ones.

i know a few times it has screwed with my settings so maybe it screws with the history list also.

• 2 weeks later...

OMFG----That worked!!!

Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Quick, somebody fire the clown at TFP that designed things this way and hire WYR3D to replace them!

Much appreciated wyr3d.  Was up to about 40 servers, half of them locked/passworded.  Was driving me NUTS.

And in all seriousness....why the heck did they DO things that way???

I mean, a Registry file?

That's like asking the checker at the supermarket to slice a hole in your side and just slip the change in.

I don't want anybody messing with my registry any more than they need to.

This just seems like a really lazy way to do things.

And yes, there used to be the easier way of doing it through the Steam Servers list....but I'm still asking, in the grand scheme of things, why they can't spend an hour adding a DELETE SERVER button to the 7 Days Server History page?  If they can add servers, one by one, to a Registry file, seems logical that they can also delete them.....or am I just more insane than normal today?

But, again, your solution worked.  Easily!

Thumbs up, pat on the back, Golden Zombie, take your pick.

(Not sure how to close an open thread, but this one has been answered and can be closed---but leave it for all others to see!)

Edited by CuddleZombie05 (see edit history)

3 hours ago, CuddleZombie05 said:

OMFG----That worked!!!

Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Quick, somebody fire the clown at TFP that designed things this way and hire WYR3D to replace them!

Much appreciated wyr3d.  Was up to about 40 servers, half of them locked/passworded.  Was driving me NUTS.

And in all seriousness....why the heck did they DO things that way???

I mean, a Registry file?

That's like asking the checker at the supermarket to slice a hole in your side and just slip the change in.

I don't want anybody messing with my registry any more than they need to.

This just seems like a really lazy way to do things.

And yes, there used to be the easier way of doing it through the Steam Servers list....but I'm still asking, in the grand scheme of things, why they can't spend an hour adding a DELETE SERVER button to the 7 Days Server History page?  If they can add servers, one by one, to a Registry file, seems logical that they can also delete them.....or am I just more insane than normal today?

But, again, your solution worked.  Easily!

Thumbs up, pat on the back, Golden Zombie, take your pick.

(Not sure how to close an open thread, but this one has been answered and can be closed---but leave it for all others to see!)

The registry file IS the official config data location for installed programs as designated by Microsoft (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_Registry). That is like that checker being told by the architect of that supermarket that he should slice a hole into the customers pocket (but not in his side as that would be assaulting and the blood would spill on the wares) 😉