EXC Value cannot be null, and EXC ArgumentNullException

Shado47

Hello folks,

I have installed some mods on a dedicated server (so I know I likely won't get staff support, which is fine - my issue is related to modded gameplay, and I have no idea where else to get proper support for this).

The server is running A20.4, and I am running the same version on my client.

Mods are:

- AaronG85-UltimateProgression

- donovan-bigbackpack

- donovan-morebooks

- HD_MumpfySkins

- HeadshotTime

- KHA20-Hornet

- Ragsy_Find_Bicycles_A20

- SRealisticSalvage

- Stallionsdens Open Door Syndrome (No Loot Respawn)

- Tactical Weapons

- VehicleMadness_Overhaul_Beta2.0

I just extracted the mods and inserted them all into the Mods folder on the server, and I have them inserted into my client's Mods folder as well.

Server has already been reinstalled a few times, and client game files have been verified a few times.

I am getting the following errors on client startup:

grafik.thumb.png.d6de278b6795effc7ce0b8b4055cfa85.png

And this following error upon attempting to connect to the server:

grafik.png.24718fbbf6f525fe9ee84952ad6820dc.png

It is permanently stuck on the "Receiving and loading configs..." screen. No download is taking place.

Server config has been updated. EAC on both server and client is disabled.

Pls help? xD

I am on Windows 10.

Edit #1: Turns out that @KhaineGB's A20 Hornet Modlet's Localization is broken and that is what causes the whole series of Localization errors. Currently trying to connect again, and I got alot further. Will update the thread as things develop. Maybe it'll work now.

Edit #2: The basic server works now, but I have encountered another issue. Went through the world normally, then suddenly, this (and the ingame's red counterpart console message for it which is just the same but with less information) started spamming my console all of a sudden:

grafik.png.8dbdd023f47ece53dc594c4bb5b7bd7b.png

Any ideas?

Edited by Shado47 (see edit history)

23 minutes ago, Star69 said:

We would need to see the entire log from the server instead of snippets of the errors. Instructions on how to use pastebin to post the log are in the pinned topic: 

Hadn't found the log file. Was unaware it had moved to Roaming/7dtd/logs in the latest Alpha 20.

There is no log on the dedicated server however. Only a client log exists. The server doesn't generate an output_log.tx anywhere at all.

And I am well aware how to use pastebin. However.

The max paste size limit on pastebin is 512 kilobytes, which is not enough for the log.

I'll therefore provide a Mediafire link:

https://www.mediafire.com/file/vi4rjy5n5qa812o/output_log_client__2022-05-15__17-46-42.txt/file

Edit: Based on this log, my assumption is gonna be that the mod adding the additional zombie skins is somehow broken. However I'd much prefer to be able to keep the mod installed with some sort of fix as opposed to removing the mod, because there really aren't any other good mods that work on A20 that only add new zombies. All other big A20 mods with zombies either also do a ton of other stuff, or use UMA Zombies - which are just way too low in quality to really be pleasant to play with in my view.

Edited by Shado47 (see edit history)

6 hours ago, Shado47 said:

Edit: Based on this log, my assumption is gonna be that the mod adding the additional zombie skins is somehow broken. However I'd much prefer to be able to keep the mod installed with some sort of fix as opposed to removing the mod, because there really aren't any other good mods that work on A20 that only add new zombies. All other big A20 mods with zombies either also do a ton of other stuff, or use UMA Zombies - which are just way too low in quality to really be pleasant to play with in my view.

Have you tried removing the suspect mod and starting up a new game?  That would be a quick way to confirm if it is the mod.  Also, I don't see an update from the mod creator to Alpha 20.  Last one I see is for Alpha 19.  There is a good chance that running it in Alpha 19 will cause you issues.

As for fixing it, good luck.  Unless the mod creator works on it, I don't think many people here will try to fix someone else's mod.  Best bet is to just remove it and keep an eye if the mod creator updates it for Alpha 20 or someone else takes it over if they abandon the mod.

8 hours ago, Shado47 said:

No it is not. If I tell you its not there, its not there. I know its supposed to be there, but nope.

The server startup scripts, "startserver.sh" for linux or "startdedicated.bat" for windows include the command

to generate the output log. You could check there to see if something is amiss.

On 5/16/2022 at 6:32 PM, Beelzybub said:

The server startup scripts, "startserver.sh" for linux or "startdedicated.bat" for windows include the command

to generate the output log. You could check there to see if something is amiss.

Yesn't. They would. Except this is the file list in the gameserver directory on my dedi.

grafik.png.7c16ef7bd6c983424ce46198a6c84cb1.png

Neither starting script is present...

10 hours ago, Shado47 said:

Neither starting script is present...

I see. I'm just guessing, but some security software doesn't like .bat files and will delete them.

Add an exclusion for the dedi's folder in your antivirus software.

As far as I know there is no "verify files" function in game pass so you would have to re-download

the app to see if you get the batch file. I sent you a copy of the file for you to test.

On 5/21/2022 at 7:16 PM, Beelzybub said:

I see. I'm just guessing, but some security software doesn't like .bat files and will delete them.

Add an exclusion for the dedi's folder in your antivirus software.

As far as I know there is no "verify files" function in game pass so you would have to re-download

the app to see if you get the batch file. I sent you a copy of the file for you to test.

My dedi is on host-unlimited.de, not locally hosted. I can tell the host to update, but the file remains missing. I presume they use their own separate starting script that is not in the directories accessible to me.