How to adjust biomes on RWG

zootal

Is there any way to adjust biome size and distribution with RWG? It seems that there is not a lot of variation with different seeds, you get a half dozen large biomes and that is it. Rwgmixer.xml no longer has biome distribution adjustment like older versions did. I'm looking for a way to control what percentage of the map is this or that biome, and maybe the sizes of said biomes.

2 hours ago, zootal said:

Is there any way to adjust biome size and distribution with RWG? It seems that there is not a lot of variation with different seeds, you get a half dozen large biomes and that is it. Rwgmixer.xml no longer has biome distribution adjustment like older versions did. I'm looking for a way to control what percentage of the map is this or that biome, and maybe the sizes of said biomes.

There will be more adjustability in this department for A21. Nothing too fancy but you'll be able to define percentage of the map for each biome. It always adds up to 100% so by making one or more smaller you make the others bigger.

3 hours ago, Roland said:

There will be more adjustability in this department for A21. Nothing too fancy but you'll be able to define percentage of the map for each biome. It always adds up to 100% so by making one or more smaller you make the others bigger.

Which is great, so please thank them for that.  :)

• 2 months later...
8 hours ago, Selevan said:

So basically another feature removed. 

By the way, he didnt ask about what he can do in a21, when its released mid 2023.

The OP was answered in the second post.

Second, Roland is just letting everyone know what is coming in A21, when it gets released.  Which we appreciate since he has an insider's view of the process.

Regarding this feature, I don't recall it ever being a part of 7 days to die.  Granted, I started playing at A16 and I tend to forget things, but I always thought the ability to fine tune biomes was done via outside editing and 3rd party map making apps.  If it was never a feature in the past by the developers of the game, it's pretty difficult to remove a feature if it was never there.  I can be wrong, but this is based on my recollection (as much as it is swiss cheese  🙂 )

We get it.  You are upset that the developers are not making this game specifically to your wants.  That's life.  Deal with it.  They are making the game to their roadmap, not to yours.

On 5/13/2022 at 7:08 PM, Kyonshi said:

Since we're on the subject : how do i add water zones on the map? If its possible, could i add water where buildings are or that will make the game crash or produce anomalies that could make it unplayable?

@Captain Crunch is moodder authority :) on map building @Tallman Brad probably knows how to do it as well.  And I do believe what you ask is doable via heights map, etc.  But I have not dabbled.  Personally I am waiting for the easy way out and Terragon app.