Zombies die at the break of dawn?

Kyonshi

Like literaly. More than once i've seen this happening right in front of me and if not, i hear the distinctive cry as they die outside, when i'm in my hideout. They just drop and that's it.

Am i the only one experiencing this? Tried to search for a similar topic, doesnt seem like it exists.

They do. I can only make assumptions as for the "why" but I think that at night some extra zombies spawn and these are the ones that die in the morning as their only purpose was to increase the zombie count at night. Just a guess though.

1 hour ago, Kyonshi said:

Like literaly. More than once i've seen this happening right in front of me and if not, i hear the distinctive cry as they die outside, when i'm in my hideout. They just drop and that's it.

Am i the only one experiencing this? Tried to search for a similar topic, doesnt seem like it exists.

Yes, happens to me as well and also seen that happen to streamers/youtubers - I think it's intended that the feral extra spawns at night get removed at 4:00 am.

It can even happen mid combat - when zombies suddenly 'collapse' when the clock rolls over ... like they had a heart attack 😄

You might be able to set this to false (spawning.xml) if you want to do the cleanup yourself. Only the Night Horde has this value set to true.

<entityspawner name="NightHorde" dynamic="true" wrapMode="clamp"> <!-- these are feral hordes who will find the player for sure -->
        <day value="*">
            <property name="ResetToday" value="true" />

There are entries for <day value="7"> through <day value="49"> as well.

3 hours ago, Boidster said:

You might be able to set this to false (spawning.xml) if you want to do the cleanup yourself. Only the Night Horde has this value set to true.

<entityspawner name="NightHorde" dynamic="true" wrapMode="clamp"> <!-- these are feral hordes who will find the player for sure -->
        <day value="*">

Ok so, if i understand correctly (i might not lol), in an indirect way, its ''intended''? Like other above said, it has to do with the spawn count that is set lower during the day, so the extra ''night'' Zs are like, outta place once the night ends?

5 hours ago, Boidster said:

<day value="*">

Interesting, thanks for digging that up from the XMLs - I'm going to give that a try in my current game, since I'm far enough into the game there and don't mind the extra zombies as an added challenge. Also feels a little more immersive if they don't just fall over at first daylight - zombies aren't vampires after all 😉

I noticed though that there is one more entityspawner 'Scouts' that has this attribute set - I left that alone for now ... just to avoid the possibility of a screamer apocalypse.

Archived