Are crops protected by land claim blocks?

NekoPawtato

I couldn't find anything about this. If I start a farm that is within the range of a land claim block (assume server setting the durability is not set to infinity), can strangers still come in and destroy the crop? (if they attack the crop itself and not the farm block). Trying to figure out if I should wall off my garden or not.

4 hours ago, meganoth said:

Though if those "strangers" are other players they might simply harvest those crops

In the current game, you harvest crops by destroying the block.  That's what I was getting at.  You're technically applying block damage, so I expect the land claim will affect how much damage has to be done to destroy the crop block and collect the harvest.  It may be an insignificant amount of protection depending on settings, since crops start with 5 HP.  But the protection should apply.

7 hours ago, Crater Creator said:

In the current game, you harvest crops by destroying the block.  That's what I was getting at.  You're technically applying block damage, so I expect the land claim will affect how much damage has to be done to destroy the crop block and collect the harvest.  It may be an insignificant amount of protection depending on settings, since crops start with 5 HP.  But the protection should apply.

You know you're gangsta when you are caught harvesting corn one kernel at a time with your pick axe... in your neighbor's yard.

Archived