Technical questions about RWG -

Matt115

Well one of the nice thing from older 7DTD versions were caves - i mean POI's caves and  "natural" caves.

So my question is : new RWG "system" can be modifted to make caves too ( i mean caves not as POI but this same thing as river or mountain)? 

If not - maybe it could be option by add them as "tier 0" POI - like just typical caves with few mushrooms and some ores , and few more "complicated" caves like - small cave with 2 corpses and campfire? 

Well we don't know water overhaul so swamps are mistery for now unfortunatly so but.. - so create underwater POI ( let say flooded mine or old house) would be big problem for performance?

Number of mines is pretty low - well  i think more mines would be pretty interesting because it would be force players to "clean up" roads. So my question - are mines big problem fo perfromance too?

5 hours ago, Matt115 said:

If not - maybe it could be option by add them as "tier 0" POI - like just typical caves with few mushrooms and some ores , and few more "complicated" caves like - small cave with 2 corpses and campfire? 

I think these already exist. Five of them. They are all Tier 1 and they support trader quests.

I ran into a cave in the forest biome by accident.  I came up upon a small shed, almost like  outdoor latrine, but there were no houses around it.  I saw a crate and went to open and fell through the boards outside the shed.  There was nothing in cave but an underground lake and a crate.  Night was falling and I huddle in a corner waiting for Orcs...err zombie snakes.  At daylight I fled.

18 hours ago, Rotor said:

I ran into a cave in the forest biome by accident.  I came up upon a small shed, almost like  outdoor latrine, but there were no houses around it.  I saw a crate and went to open and fell through the boards outside the shed.

Man I'm glad that someone else did that. I was on the way across the map to meet folks and broke my leg in the fall and so was mocked. I thought it was a pretty cool cave - had mushrooms and aloe. I wish there were naturally occurring caves that you might run into mining.

30 minutes ago, Apocalipservice said:

Man I'm glad that someone else did that. I was on the way across the map to meet folks and broke my leg in the fall and so was mocked. I thought it was a pretty cool cave - had mushrooms and aloe. I wish there were naturally occurring caves that you might run into mining.

That is the one.  The crate was ono the other side of the lake and I was scared of snakes in the water, so didnt venture to get it.  

23 minutes ago, Maharin said:

There used to be long (sometimes, at least) worm-like caves generated by the RWG.  Don't remember which alpha removed them but I think it was 15 or 16?  I'm sure someone will correct me.  :p

They were on PS4 console, so I think whatever version was after that

17 hours ago, Maharin said:

There used to be long (sometimes, at least) worm-like caves generated by the RWG.

I remember those on the console edition so A15-A16 is about right. But my recollection is that there were a few repeating designs. Maybe swapped left for right, but think I remember memorizing them. Like, we knew at the entrance which cave design we were getting into, not a Minecraft-like random-gen set of tunnels. I could be mis-remembering. They often had bears, I remember that. And sometimes they were flooded.

On 4/9/2022 at 9:12 PM, Rotor said:

I ran into a cave in the forest biome by accident.  I came up upon a small shed, almost like  outdoor latrine, but there were no houses around it.  I saw a crate and went to open and fell through the boards outside the shed.  There was nothing in cave but an underground lake and a crate.  Night was falling and I huddle in a corner waiting for Orcs...err zombie snakes.  At daylight I fled.

I ran across that poi, but at the time did not have the time to explore it. I do have it marked on my map tho. I've found several smallish poi's out in the neverland that look neat and where fun to explore. 

Archived