Old items

Ruckcus

is there any chance you can bring back a few items back from long ago 

The spiked club , and the sniper rifle as a rare find or reward 

Give us the option. To either have loot bags or loot corpse ? 

Always love looting a corpse while looking over my back every sec to make sure a horde isn't making a b line for me 

You can get the spiked club again right now. Spikes are an in-game weapon modification you can add to your club and when you do it is represented in the game as a spiked club. Same with sniper rifle. These old weapons exist but you must build them.

Looting corpses won't come back due to performance issues. They want the bodies to despawn as quickly as possible and don't want them turning into loot containers.

I think there is a mod that returns corpse looting.

1 hour ago, Ruckcus said:

Will there be mods on xbox and ps ? Or that not a thing . Dont have a pc , anyone have a pc 4 sale lol .

Years away at best, sorry.  Console is part of their long term strategy after 7DTD goes live from what I remember reading.

14 hours ago, Ruckcus said:

Will there be mods on xbox and ps ? Or that not a thing . Dont have a pc , anyone have a pc 4 sale lol .

Probably not. Well console edition will be updated after pc gold version

14 hours ago, Roland said:

Looting corpses won't come back due to performance issues. They want the bodies to despawn as quickly as possible and don't want them turning into loot containers.

I think there is a mod that returns corpse looting.

Well corpses were good source of rotting flesh too XD

36 minutes ago, Matt115 said:

Probably not. Well console edition will be updated after pc gold version

By the time the next console version releases, Workshop should be fully supported. I don't see any reason for there not to be mod options for it.

37 minutes ago, Matt115 said:

Well corpses were good source of rotting flesh too

Yep, that's why the devs added a large number of other ways to get it when they removed the carcass to increase performance.

20 minutes ago, SylenThunder said:

By the time the next console version releases, Workshop should be fully supported. I don't see any reason for there not to be mod options for it.

Yep, that's why the devs added a large number of other ways to get it when they removed the carcass to increase performance.

1. Because... consoles? I mean only games i know have mods support in console are : game made by bethesda and cod bo 3

2. "large number"? nope. they didn't added other ways ( you could find corpses as propse before). So we lose main source and we didn't get any new way - because every another way to get rotten flesh were implemented before removing carcass ( well dogs , bear vultures you could "haverst" , meat could be found sometimes in loot , you could find a corpse, and traders sometimes selled them too) - so you are wrong about that

6 minutes ago, Matt115 said:

2. "large number"? nope. they didn't added other ways ( you could find corpses as propse before). So we lose main source and we didn't get any new way - because every another way to get rotten flesh were implemented before removing carcass ( well dogs , bear vultures you could "haverst" , meat could be found sometimes in loot , you could find a corpse, and traders sometimes selled them too) - so you are wrong about that

I suppose you have been missing the newer gore piles that were added/increased to the roads, and the new/updated POI's that have large numbers of body bags? Not to mention the completely new dismembered body gore piles in POI's that didn't exist before. These were all changes made for a17-forward to counter-balance the loss of zombie corpses.

There is no struggle to get rotten flesh at all currently, and the amount of it in the world has only increased in a20 with a lot of the POI's getting updated. It's not hard to get, and it's not like you need an infinite supply either. Most of the uses for it are short-term.

1 hour ago, SylenThunder said:

I suppose you have been missing the newer gore piles that were added/increased to the roads, and the new/updated POI's that have large numbers of body bags? Not to mention the completely new dismembered body gore piles in POI's that didn't exist before. These were all changes made for a17-forward to counter-balance the loss of zombie corpses.

There is no struggle to get rotten flesh at all currently, and the amount of it in the world has only increased in a20 with a lot of the POI's getting updated. It's not hard to get, and it's not like you need an infinite supply either. Most of the uses for it are short-term.

number of corpses is proportionaly lower - number of POI is bigger. body bags are " one time" only . Only in This cave with bear number of corpses is big enough - usually there is 1- 2  zombie per 3 POI

So it's much much harder to find big number of rotten flesh. Body bags are still... not effetive because they are pretty rare - if you killed zombie near you base you could just "harvest" corpse and go to you base. Body bags you can find in POI with more worthy stuff ( weapons, tools ,food , medical stuff etc) so it if not efective to harvest body bags for 10 meat when you can take 50 bullets or tool mod

16 minutes ago, Matt115 said:

Body bags you can find in POI with more worthy stuff ( weapons, tools ,food , medical stuff etc) so it if not efective to harvest body bags for 10 meat when you can take 50 bullets or tool mod

I think you're confusing body bags with zombie loot bags. Body bags have NO loot.

5 minutes ago, JCrook1028 said:

I think you're confusing body bags with zombie loot bags. Body bags have NO loot.

No - i mean - in some POi you can find body bags but in this same POI you can find crates, medical stuff in great number etc. So this is more effective to take let say - blood bags, first aid bandage, gun mod, mechanical parts  that harvesting body bags if you have to ride or go 1 km to your base

23 hours ago, Matt115 said:

No - i mean - in some POi you can find body bags but in this same POI you can find crates, medical stuff in great number etc. So this is more effective to take let say - blood bags, first aid bandage, gun mod, mechanical parts  that harvesting body bags if you have to ride or go 1 km to your base

Inventory management is part of the game. If you need rotten flesh then it is "effective". If not then no. That's pretty obvious. If you have issues finding rotten flesh it's not a problem with the game, the stuff is literally everywhere. That "problem" simply means you don't take the opportunity to grab it as you pass it by all day every day.

10 minutes ago, JCrook1028 said:

Inventory management is part of the game. If you need rotten flesh then it is "effective". If not then no. That's pretty obvious. If you have issues finding rotten flesh it's not a problem with the game, the stuff is literally everywhere. That "problem" simply means you don't take the opportunity to grab it as you pass it by all day every day.

Well this sounds like " you can take scrap iron from junk so this is your choice if you don't do this" - i will give you few example -  cement you can get from pallets and pallets you can find everywhere - barns, shops, contruction sites - so this can be harvest in much bigger number. If body bags + corpses were 2x- 3x common ( more corpses on streets . maybe big hole with bodies you know what i mean) i could agree with you. Now body bags are like.... towers in shogun 2 fall of samurai - in theory you can upgrade them but it's pointless. So if they would increase number of corpses it will have sense - until this time  the best option is just "restart" POIs with zombie animals by quests

4 minutes ago, linewalker said:

I'm not sure why you are ignoring the fact that they have already done this. More than once even.

If you increase everything... you don't increase anything you know? Let say (simplify ) - you have 5 poi per 1 title and 2 bodies for 1 poi ? if you have 10 POI you have 20dead bodies etc. but in this same time numbe of crates, guns bags increase a lot. So i mean - add more bodies on streets random trucks with bodies on streets too  etc so - number will increase = 10 bodies in POI and 20 dead bodies on street.  more clear?

So you're basically saying that because they increased other things too, that nullifies increasing ways to get rotten flesh, nitrate, ect.?

If that's your opinion, you better stop now as you will never perceive any improvement. You are destined to a life of disappointment.

49 minutes ago, linewalker said:

So you're basically saying that because they increased other things too, that nullifies increasing ways to get rotten flesh, nitrate, ect.?

If that's your opinion, you better stop now as you will never perceive any improvement. You are destined to a life of disappointment.

Well - nitrate can be mine pretty easy - you can in let say  15 minutes earn 250 nitrate at least. when bodies were decying you could have 5 dead bodies near your base if you had spikes every night. 

Nope- just add 5 dead bodies for 1 km of road would solve problem 

On 4/10/2022 at 11:28 AM, Matt115 said:

Well this sounds like " you can take scrap iron from junk so this is your choice if you don't do this"

Yes. That too. If you value scrap iron, and you leave it behind, then you don't really value it. Exactly the same as rotten flesh. If you have problems finding it. As apparently you do since you're saying it's somehow hard to get. Then you must be just not taking advantage of the multiple ways to collect it every single day. You have to actually TRY to come home every day without grabbing some along the way. The stuff darn near jumps up off the ground and into your backpack it's so common.

1 hour ago, JCrook1028 said:

Yes. That too. If you value scrap iron, and you leave it behind, then you don't really value it. Exactly the same as rotten flesh. If you have problems finding it. As apparently you do since you're saying it's somehow hard to get. Then you must be just not taking advantage of the multiple ways to collect it every single day. You have to actually TRY to come home every day without grabbing some along the way. The stuff darn near jumps up off the ground and into your backpack it's so common.

it's not hard to get- i mean it's hard to get in great number ( i mean few stacks). If old "corpse" system would be still in game you could "gain" a lot of rotten flesh after every blood moon + random corpses on spikes. Now if you want - you can still get from corpses but it is not such effective at it was in the past

22 hours ago, Matt115 said:

it's not hard to get- i mean it's hard to get in great number ( i mean few stacks). If old "corpse" system would be still in game you could "gain" a lot of rotten flesh after every blood moon + random corpses on spikes. Now if you want - you can still get from corpses but it is not such effective at it was in the past

I've never had a game where I didn't end up with stacks and stacks of rotten flesh after building my farm... No clue wth you're rambling on about. it's everywhere. Take as much as you need.

21 hours ago, Maharin said:

I want the 7DTD equivalent of a companion cube.  Hmm...

Survival gear!!!! I think the companion cube could be left ...

drone? well companion dron sounds... very companion XD

24 minutes ago, JCrook1028 said:

I've never had a game where I didn't end up with stacks and stacks of rotten flesh after building my farm... No clue wth you're rambling on about. it's everywhere. Take as much as you need.

Well we have diffrent luck then

Archived