Shadows (from trees) are moving stagger manner, (like jumping) and are not realistic! Only started happening since Alpha 19!

iNFECTO4444

this actually pretty common in a lot of games and I sure you never noticed. the sun is ticking across the sky like the second hand on a clock instead of a super smooth motion. The difference between super smooth and ticking is a huge performance difference because you are asking it to render shadows many more times a second. I think this is a fundamental aspect of how time works in 7D2D and wont change without a significant performance drop for the majority of players.

2 hours ago, warmer said:

this actually pretty common in a lot of games and I sure you never noticed. the sun is ticking across the sky like the second hand on a clock instead of a super smooth motion. The difference between super smooth and ticking is a huge performance difference because you are asking it to render shadows many more times a second. I think this is a fundamental aspect of how time works in 7D2D and wont change without a significant performance drop for the majority of players.

My “gaming rig” is garbage and I play on lowest settings (well, I turn on lowest shadows as it’s so nice and use windowed mode, so I can drop screen resolution) and this makes me feel better :) I always thought it was my under powered system.  

22 hours ago, Boidster said:

I'm keen to know how long OP's days are set for. A 30-minute day will have shadows moving much faster (possibly less smoothly) than a 120-minute day.

I am more curious why they are staring at shadows instead if looking for zombies and loot.

Archived