Alpha5TAG's A21 Modlets - Minimise Mining Reliance, Point Progression, Snow Water, Supply Drop Beacon, Ultimate Tools

AaronG85

ALPHA5TAG MODS

Minimise Mining Reliance | Point Progression | Snow Water | Supply Drop Beacon | Ultimate Tools | 

MINIMISE MINING RELIANCE

This is a small modlet I modified based on the work of @Claymore. For those of us that dont like mining big holes in the ground.

This changes the above ground boulders in game to give you the ability to mine Coal, Potassium Nitrate Powder, Lead, Sand and Clay. This will also give you a rare chance of mining Silver, Gold and Dimond. Additionally gives the ability to mine a small amount of iron from terrestrial stone boulders.

All mining amounts have been increased in the latest version for all boulders, rocks, underground veins.

Dropped rocks (from mining, explosions ect) now give bags instead of disappearing.

Installation: Server Only

Version 1.21.1 (Released 07/08/2023):

• Increased Mined Amounts
  • Dropped Rocks now gives bags instead of disappearing
  • Seperated Boulders, Ores and Below Ground Veins to give more.

Version: 1.21 (Released 11/07/2023):

• Updated to work with Alpha 21

DOWNLOAD

POINT PROGRESSION

Just a small modlet that increases the number of skill points, now customizable in the XML file to as many points as you would like. Open the XML file and change teh number 2 to whatever amount of points you want.

• Now customizable in the XML file to as many points as you would like.

DOWNLOAD

SNOW WATER

Create 'Clean Water' from Snow and Bucket. 50 Snowballs and 1 Bucket give 5 Jars of Clean Water at the campfire. Tried to balance the recipe so it wasnt to OP, suggestions welcomed on editing the recipe.

• 500 Snow Balls and 1 Bucket = 5 Water

Version: 1.21 (Released 28/07/2023):

• Initial Release

DOWNLOAD

SUPPLY DROP BEACON
(W.I.P)

This mod adds a few different elements to the game with the result being a small beacon you can place that will spawn a loot drop, the parts required to make these are hard to find and expensive to make (I'm still working on balancing between usability and cost and would love feedback).

Adds the following items

• Supply Drop Beacon
  • Supply Drop Beacon Chip - Scalvage by Wrenching Army/Military Trucks, Warehouses, Loot Cases, Control Panels, Computers and Monitors

Adds the folowing recipes

• Supply Drop Beacon

Unlocked

• By Level 1 Electrician.

I'm currently working on assets so at the moment the mod uses existing assets so is only Server only but once assets are added it will require Client and Server.

Version: 1.21 (Released 07/08/2023):

• Initial Release

DOWNLOAD

ULTIMATE TOOLS

This adds two Ultimate Tools to your game, first is the Ultimate Harvesting Tool which combines the Axe, Pick Axe, Shovel, Crowbar and Knife into one, The second is the Ultimate Salvage Tool which combines the Nailgun and Impact Driver.

I have made this based on the original Entrenching Tool by robnunn10 and I have his permission to continue the mod.

I've made these as late game steel tools and are unlocked by level 80 Harvesting Toold and Level 55 Salvage Tools.

I'm using the Steel Axe as the mesh as I have no idea how to make custom meshes so if anyone wants to be helped that would be great.

Version 1.21.4 (Released 10/08/2023):

• Added: Simplified Chinese Translation. Thanks to Zonnil77
  • Updated: Progression
  • Updated: Localization File
  • Changed: Stats for Ultimate Harvesting Tool are slightly better than a Steel Axe to make less OP
  • Removed: Deep Cuts Perk Bonus

Version 1.21.3 (Released 07/08/2023):

• Added the Ultimate Salvage Tool - Repair/Upgrade and Wrench All-In-One
  • Added A21 Proper Code Lines and Names
  • Added "Crowbar" Function for opening Doors, Safes and Treasure Boxes
  • Added to craftingHarvestingTools for Unlock on Level 80
  • Added Tools to rareTools for Traders
  • Removed Old/Useless Code
  • Removed Schmatic
  • Removed Custom Icons To Make Server Only
  • Changed Damage Rates
  • Changed Default Tool Colour
  • Changed Names to Ultimate Harvesting Tool and Ultimate Salvage Tool

Version 1.21.2 (Released 29/07/2023)

• Changed Tool Colour to Blue (WIP with Custom Unity Asset)
  • Lowered Stamina Usage
  • Crafting Tool Qulaity Now Matches Steel Tool Lovel. (Thanks to Fessya on NexusMods)

Version 1.21.1 (Released 17/07/2023)

• Updated the Loot table to make the Tool only appear along side steel tools in tier 3-4 quests and changed the loot table of the schematic. Thanks to @Dragonchampion for the code assistance.

Version: 1.1 (Released 04/08/2022):

• Thanks to @Gouki for helping fix the console error and an error with the schematic.

DOWNLOAD

Edited by AaronG85
Ultimate Tools Updated to 1.24.4 (see edit history)

On 4/6/2022 at 12:06 AM, AaronG85 said:

ULTIMATE TOOL

This adds the Ultimate Tool to your game, This is an 3 in 1 tool combing the Axe, Shovel and Pick Axe. I have made this based on the original Entrenching Tool by robnunn10 and I have his permission to continue the mod.

I've made this as a late game steel tool but if people want lower version let me know and ill add them in.

I'm using the Steel Axe as the mesh as I have no idea how to make custom meshes so if anyone wants to be helped that would be great.

NOTE: It's throwing a small error in the console but as I'm new to modding I can't figure out why the error is occurring if someone wants to have a look it would be greatly appreciated.

DOWNLOAD

ULTIMATE ROCK

This is a small modlet I modified based on the work of @Claymore.

This changes the boulders (ResourceStones) in game to give you a small chance at mining

Coal, Potassium Nitrate Powder, Lead, Sand and Clay
This also gives you a rare chance of mining 

Brass, Silver, Gold and Diamond

Also gives the ability to mine a small amount of iron from terrestrial stone boulders.

The percentages can be changed higher or lower to suit your gaming needs via the blocks.xml.

DOWNLOAD

NOTE: This changes all boulders currently, If anyone has any tips on how to make the changes ONLY affect the ResourceStone Boulder, not the specialized boulders, they are very welcome to PM me so I can implement it.

ULTIMATE PROGRESSION

Just a small modlet that increases the number of skill points you get per level to 2 - Customizable by changing the XML file

DOWNLOAD

Hi AaronG85

Thanks for sharing your mods.
Regarding the console error, it is due to the loot.xml file (Mod UltimateTool), you need to close this code:   <item name="agUltimateTool"

It should be like this:    <item name="agUltimateTool"/>

In the items.xml file, when I checked it, I realized that with the schematic to unlock the tool you also want to unlock the schematic, which cannot be done and will give you an error, you have to delete this line of code:

<triggered_effect trigger="onSelfPrimaryActionEnd" action="ModifyCVar" cvar="ultimateToolSchematic" operation="set" value="1"/>

With these changes you should load without problems.
Regards

1 hour ago, Gouki said:

Hi AaronG85

Thanks for sharing your mods.
Regarding the console error, it is due to the loot.xml file (Mod UltimateTool), you need to close this code:   <item name="agUltimateTool"

It should be like this:    <item name="agUltimateTool"/>

In the items.xml file, when I checked it, I realized that with the schematic to unlock the tool you also want to unlock the schematic, which cannot be done and will give you an error, you have to delete this line of code:

<triggered_effect trigger="onSelfPrimaryActionEnd" action="ModifyCVar" cvar="ultimateToolSchematic" operation="set" value="1"/>

With these changes you should load without problems.
Regards

Thank you so much for your help

• 2 weeks later...

Hi AaronG85 and Spicy Fresh

As I understand it, a mod is a server if it doesn't add any custom icon or asset.
In case you add them, you have to install the mods on the server and client side.
Two of AaronG85's mods are server side and UltimateTool's is server side and client side, because it has the tool icon.
Regards

• 3 months later...
  • AaronG85 changed the title to Alpha5TAG's A21 Modlets - Ultimate Multi-Tool, Minimise Mining Reliance, 2 Point Progression

All updated for Alpha 21

On 8/3/2022 at 3:42 AM, Elmagnusito said:

Hi!

Is there any way of making this mod only count on certain levels? 

I just feel when using it, that I reach skillcaps too quickly. And figured maybe spacing the double points out, say each other level. Or every fifth level?

I'm looking into how to do this as i feel the same way, once i have an answer ill update the mod.

11 hours ago, Greymantle said:

Any chance you could change the magazine drops to half with the two skill up option? Please :) Or share if it's easy to do and I will make the changes. This would go a long way to bring back immersion for me.

Unfortunately I'm still very very new to modding and haven't looked into the magazine drop rates, so at this stage no but if I get the chance to look into it happy to add it.

4 hours ago, Dragonchampion said:

There's a very nice model for an entrenchment tool you can use on Sketchfab for a custom model multitool. It's a free download model:

https://sketchfab.com/3d-models/ww1-british-entrenching-tool-d417808d461b4ea3a9724006a515d0d5

That is absolutely perfect but the dilemma I have is I have no idea how to incorporate that, will reach out to some modders and see what I can come up with 

Wanting to let you know, I got a level 6 multitool from a tier 2 quest reward. That's a bit OP; I went into your code to check and turns out that you're using an incorrect loot template for quests.

You have this as your code:

<append xpath="lootcontainers/lootgroup[@name='groupQuestTools']">
        <item name="a5UltimateMultiTool" loot_prob_template="GradeCLoot"/>
    </append>

groupQuestTools does not exist, and the template "GradeCLoot" also does not exist.

What you should have to add it naturally to do the game as a quest reward is:

<append xpath="lootcontainers/lootgroup[@name='groupQuestToolsT3']">
        <item name="a5UltimateMultiTool" loot_prob_template="QuestT3Prob"/>
    </append>

This will make it so that the multitool will only appear in tier 5-6+ quest rewards, and have the same probability and levels as an Auger, Chainsaw, or Nailgun.

If you want them to appear alongside Steel tools, then you need to simply replace the T3" in both the loot prob template and loot group to T2. T2 appear in tiers 3-4 quests.

Thanks so much for this, I've been sick the last few days and couldnt find where to put the tools int he code, I've pushed an update to the tool using your code, I've also given you credit on both the forums and NexusMods.

• AaronG85 changed the title to Alpha5TAG's A21 Modlets - Minimise Mining Reliance, Point Progression, Snow Water, Supply Drop Beacon, Ultimate Tools