Wtf

Musicianized

SOMEONE [name redacted] just joined my game and destroyed everything I had, my base, all my storage boxes, workbench.. everything.. 

Is there a way to restore to a previous gamestate without a game save?

He found my base within 2 minutes of joining my generated map and was not on my friends... 

I'd shoot the mfr in the face...

Edited by Crater Creator
Name removed per naming & shaming rule (see edit history)

1 hour ago, Rotor said:

Password Protect your game you must.

As far as restoring, nada.  OTOH if you know how (i don't, sorry) there is way to go to console and give yourself everything you had.

@Musicianized

preparation is key.    Backup your game save after each session.    Learning a bit of windows powershell or command line scripting can easily solve this problem.   I have a friend who:

1. clicks on a script that 
  2. starts the game
  3. after the game exists, it makes a copy of the current save and renames it with a date and time stamp.

So instead of clicking the game in steam or in your start menu, you would click onto the script file.   

1 hour ago, Musicianized said:

Not cleanly, as others said, but you can hit F1, then type 'cm' to turn on creative mode, then exit the console and open up the crafting screen. The little lightbulb icon will show you every block and item in the game. You will have to resist the urge to just pull out a full set of T3 Q6 weapons, tools, and armor, unlimited food, maybe a few 4x4s or motorcycles, every book in the game, etc.

Did you have an active land claim?

35 minutes ago, Boidster said:

Not cleanly, as others said, but you can hit F1, then type 'cm' to turn on creative mode, then exit the console and open up the crafting screen. The little lightbulb icon will show you every block and item in the game. You will have to resist the urge to just pull out a full set of T3 Q6 weapons, tools, and armor, unlimited food, maybe a few 4x4s or motorcycles, every book in the game, etc.

Yes I did but it was not directly on my base. I moved it so I could pull some traps I had set that wasn't being useful in that location.. 

I lost a lot.  400k+ tokens, crates of food, guns, armor.  I was on day 112 of 120 minute long days.. I had a lot of @%$#.

7 hours ago, Musicianized said:

SOME prick called "Soviet Obama" just joined my game and destroyed everything I had, my base, all my storage boxes, workbench.. everything.. 

He found my base within 2 minutes of joining my generated map and was not on my friends... 

I'd shoot the mfr in the face...

simple solution make your world a single player the option is there before you load up your game also make it invite only and password protect :)

2 hours ago, pApA^LeGBa said:

Simplest solution is to set the maximum players to 1. There is no way anyone can join then. Not even bruteforce over years with tons of processing power would work.

You forget abou snowdog - he will pass somehow

14 hours ago, Boidster said:

This.  If you DID have an active land claim then the fault lies with TFP and their coding.  If you left your server open to others and didn't, well.....

17 hours ago, JoeDaFrogman said:

@Musicianized

preparation is key.    Backup your game save after each session.    Learning a bit of windows powershell or command line scripting can easily solve this problem.   I have a friend who:

1. clicks on a script that 
  2. starts the game
  3. after the game exists, it makes a copy of the current save and renames it with a date and time stamp.

So instead of clicking the game in steam or in your start menu, you would click onto the script file.   

I use Second Copy and backup my saves and maps to my Dropbox. This allows to recover in case of problems and to play the same save on other computers,