(A20) Oakraven Forest Collection

arramus

1 hour ago, Ru Melin said:

Ahh... it was Invalid layer index "1

This appears with the mushroom and plants spawning for Hydroponic Mod, and bee log spawning for Bee Hives.

Here is what happens:

1. A snake spawns.

2. The snake dies.

3. The dead snake turns into a Bee Log or Mushroom/Fire Fly, or vegetable for harvesting.

The snake can spawn anywhere. However it cannot change into a new thing on concrete, gravel, or other non 'soft ground' type locations.

It is possible this warning appears when the item is trying to be placed on the wrong area.

It doesn't need a warning because it is intended. However, the Unity game engine likes to give a warning about these things.

We also see it for normal game things for animals and other blocks.

I shall see if we can block these warnings from appearing because it is an intended safety check. We don't want plants growing in the middle of a road.

Here is an update for the Collection in the form of decorative musical 'instruments'.

https://www.moddb.com/mods/oakraven-forest-collection/downloads/musicdecor#downloadsform

A piano, organ, and two kinds of jukebox provide an interactive decorative feature for POI creation and player made bases. Craft, place, and 'insert' a token to activate.

20220831191010_1.thumb.jpg.410adf8c0afabe79e0653869ce687b51.jpg

20220831191054_1.thumb.jpg.d399a5e9086ef3787ed44facf8331cb4.jpg

Their settings are a little different than usual for ground placement at 0.5 block to ensure they don't sink on uneven terrain.
In A19 this wasn't really an issue. The A20 voxel terrain seems to be different to A19 and we are still learning about it. Best to place a wooden block outside and place the jukebox on top.

Just pushed an updated for the Storage Boxes/Containers. The update further reduces the Mod size from about 48 to 27mb and for servers running a number of custom mods, these smaller uploads to the server and downloads for the clients make it less of a burden.

• 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, KailJ said:

All my players LOVE your music decor mod. They were curious (as I am) if there is a way to make the music play longer or on a loop? Also, do you plan on making additional music selections from the devices (piano, organ, jukeboxes).

Snufkin created a wonderful Jukebox mod that allowed players to add their own mp3 files to an audio folder and play them while in game. It gave players a selector for about 12 of their own music choices. The mod is not accessible any more and was for A19. I sent a message through his Google Drive to ask for access so we can upload them to another location but I can't expect a reply.

17 hours ago, arramus said:

Snufkin created a wonderful Jukebox mod that allowed players to add their own mp3 files to an audio folder and play them while in game. It gave players a selector for about 12 of their own music choices. The mod is not accessible any more and was for A19. I sent a message through his Google Drive to ask for access so we can upload them to another location but I can't expect a reply.

Not a problem. I do have a sudden problem that I am checking things to see if there is a mod conflict. For some reason the bee logs are not spawning on the map. I will see if I can come up with an idea of the problem. Without the queen bees we can't get the honey. LOL

Does the Beehive and Hydroponic mods need to be installed when the world is created? The reason I am asking is because (besides a few zombie mods) I have only the oakraven mods installed with the following issues. The chicken coop mod: The nests have changed their appearance and you can find the chicks just fine. The Beehive mod: You can create the hives just fine, but the bee logs are no where to be found in the Pine Forest areas. The Hydroponic mod: You can build the table and such just fine, but the plants in the wild are like the bee logs, no where to be found. Was something broken when after the last update? Please advice as we love the mods.

EDIT:

I did come across 1 strawberry after driving around looking for about 15 minutes. Still not as many as in the past.

Edited by KailJ (see edit history)

7 hours ago, KailJ said:

Does the Beehive and Hydroponic mods need to be installed when the world is created? The reason I am asking is because (besides a few zombie mods) I have only the oakraven mods installed with the following issues. The chicken coop mod: The nests have changed their appearance and you can find the chicks just fine. The Beehive mod: You can create the hives just fine, but the bee logs are no where to be found in the Pine Forest areas. The Hydroponic mod: You can build the table and such just fine, but the plants in the wild are like the bee logs, no where to be found. Was something broken when after the last update? Please advice as we love the mods.

EDIT:

I did come across 1 strawberry after driving around looking for about 15 minutes. Still not as many as in the past.

The Beehive and Hydroponic Mods do not need to be installed when the world is created.

The Bee log, Hydroponic plants, and Mushrooms are spawned as entities.

This is how it works:

1. They spawn as a snake.

2. The snake is instantly killed and changes into a corpse blocks; the Bee log, plant, or mushroom. If the snake spawns on gravel/road it will not change to a corpse block. It has to be on 'soft ground' like grass and sand.

As they spawn as snakes, they are competing with other entities in the world. As they have their own custom spawning, it is possible they are competing with regular zombies depending on how the game hard codes things.

You could find 1 strawberry, and mention it is not as many as in the past. Maybe the zombie mods are spawning at greater probability than the bees and plants which will make them rarer.

Excellent collection of mods, so first off, thank you mod authors for all your hard work!

My question is, though, is there a way to modify the text format and location on the signed storage containers?  I couldn't find anything in the XML, but maybe I missed it?  Or is it specified somehow in the 3D model?  Some of the text colors I find hard to read (particularly the purple).

17 hours ago, ShadowMage said:

Excellent collection of mods, so first off, thank you mod authors for all your hard work!

My question is, though, is there a way to modify the text format and location on the signed storage containers?  I couldn't find anything in the XML, but maybe I missed it?  Or is it specified somehow in the 3D model?  Some of the text colors I find hard to read (particularly the purple).

The models themselves embed the text font/color/style and nothing is currently accessible by xml. This is something Oakraven will need to give some thought to. We received comments on color in the past as they all used to be one color. This eclectic mix gave more variety to assist different types of player even though it would restrict using the full range of storage containers for those colors which weren't appropriate.

1864433993_Screenshot2022-09-24220959.thumb.png.7476151e25ff3084214f63f1174d4a77.pnganyone having an issue with some of the png not showing up? I went in to creative and noticed this. it will give you the item name when you scroll over the area where it should be but no picture of the item. it will allow you to put it in your inventory and then place it to see it

Edited by Rave_gaming_jj (see edit history)

2 hours ago, Rave_gaming_jj said:

anyone having an issue with some of the png not showing up? I went in to creative and noticed this. it will give you the item name when you scroll over the area where it should be but no picture of the item. it will allow you to put it in your inventory and then place it to see it

This has been a bit of a thorn and should relate to only the Work Station mod.

The icon name and name linked to it in the xml files were updated very recently and the most current version should resolve this.

If an icon is called something like powdermixer but the xml looks for PowderMixer it is case sensitive and they won't pair and hook up.

On the recent update, they were checked to make sure they match.

I shall double check.

1. <property name="CustomIcon" value="oakchemistrystation"/> in xml.

Actual name of icon is oakchemistrystation

2. <property name="CustomIcon" value="forgebigoak2"/> in xml.

Actual name of icon is forgebigoak2

3. <property name="CustomIcon" value="tatarinforge"/> in xml.

Actual name of icon is tatarinforge

4. <property name="CustomIcon" value="tатаринforge"/>

This one needs updating as it should also be tatarinforge.
This was another issue with font types being an issue.

5. <property name="CustomIcon" value="stonecrusher"/> in xml.

Actual name of icon is stonecrusher

6. <property name="CustomIcon" value="cementmixerbucket"/>

Actual name of icon is cementmixerbucket

7. <property name="CustomIcon" value="ammopress"/>

Actual name of icon is cementmixerbucket ammopress

Just no.4 needs an update to change from tатаринforge to tatarinforge and I shall push that now.

Update: Pushed.

This update should have no mismatches and can be reinstalled for that version or updated manually by crosschecking letter casing and names are perfectly matching in the blocks.xml and associated icons in the ItemIconAtlas folder.

1 hour ago, Ru Melin said:

Hy, this is a bug report:

A red error comes when we used the Oakraven Workstation and the mod tactical weapons. There comes a notice that ammobench is used multiple times. can you please fix this? Best regards

There is nothing to fix in the Oakraven Workstation Mod and it will continue to use that name. Changing it will cause problems for many users if they update to a newer version while it is still on their gamesave and the name has changed.

It seems both the Oakraven Workstation Mod and Tactical Weapons Mod use the name 'ammobench'. Go to either of the mods and everywhere you see the name 'ammobench', rename it to something else. It will appear in the blocks.xml, recipes.xml, Xui files, and possibly in other places where it has been added. If one has already been added to your game, then change it in the second one you are trying to add.

1 hour ago, newbie said:

Hi.. Some amazing modlets in your collection. Can the Chicken Coops and Bee Hives be used with the Darkness Falls or War3zuk AIO Overhaul. ?

Thanks

They cannot be used at present as far as I know because these overhauls overwrite many of the default game settings. These modlets were designed for the default game.

There is some discussion about it 2-3 pages ago where a forum member suggested they will contact the DF team and see if it is possible to integrate. It may be best to visit the DF Discord to see if there have been any steps to do that.

On 9/24/2022 at 11:07 PM, arramus said:

This has been a bit of a thorn and should relate to only the Work Station mod.

The icon name and name linked to it in the xml files were updated very recently and the most current version should resolve this.

If an icon is called something like powdermixer but the xml looks for PowderMixer it is case sensitive and they won't pair and hook up.

On the recent update, they were checked to make sure they match.

I shall double check.

1. <property name="CustomIcon" value="oakchemistrystation"/> in xml.

Actual name of icon is oakchemistrystation

2. <property name="CustomIcon" value="forgebigoak2"/> in xml.

Actual name of icon is forgebigoak2

3. <property name="CustomIcon" value="tatarinforge"/> in xml.

Actual name of icon is tatarinforge

4. <property name="CustomIcon" value="tатаринforge"/>

This one needs updating as it should also be tatarinforge.
This was another issue with font types being an issue.

5. <property name="CustomIcon" value="stonecrusher"/> in xml.

Actual name of icon is stonecrusher

6. <property name="CustomIcon" value="cementmixerbucket"/>

Actual name of icon is cementmixerbucket

7. <property name="CustomIcon" value="ammopress"/>

Actual name of icon is cementmixerbucket ammopress

Just no.4 needs an update to change from tатаринforge to tatarinforge and I shall push that now.

Update: Pushed.

This update should have no mismatches and can be reinstalled for that version or updated manually by crosschecking letter casing and names are perfectly matching in the blocks.xml and associated icons in the ItemIconAtlas folder.

Where can we find the update??

6 hours ago, Rave_gaming_jj said:

Where can we find the update??

The very first post has a list of all of the mods and direct links to their storage location on Moddb. Existing content uses the same link even if it is updated because Moddb maintain the links. This particular mod remains in the Moddb list here:

• 3 weeks later...

I just wanted to let you know that I got this warning in the console and the log.

2022-10-24T22:01:04 45.182 WRN Particle Effect #@modfolder(CookingStations):Resources/Blenders.unity3d?BladeFX already exists! Skipping it!
2022-10-24T22:01:58 98.826 WRN Particle Effect #@modfolder(WorkStations):Resources/newforge.unity3d?ТатаринForgeFX already exists! Skipping it!

I don't know if one of my other mods have the same resources but, if it was just one warning I would think so but, the chance of multiple mods having the same resource I don't know. I wouldn't have seen it if I wasn't testing my own mods for errors and see it come up on the console and after that I checked the log to make sure and it was there.

Edited by rallenb3 (see edit history)

2 hours ago, rallenb3 said:

I don't know if one of my other mods have the same resources but, if it was just one warning I would think so but, the chance of multiple mods having the same resource I don't know.

No worries on this warning. It appears to be the Unity Engine being a touch oversensitive about particles being used for similar purposes on differing blocks and bringing up the duplication type message. It has been there from the beginning and when comparing all of the collection bundled together (Oakraven Forest Modpack) against the Wasteland Mod and Not Medieval Mod, there is very little difference in performance on dedicated server resources and rendering. I shall discuss this with Oakraven in more detail though to see if it is possible to change the naming conventions across identical types of blocks.

Pushed a new mod to the Oakraven Forest Collection

Oakraven Steampunk Lights

https://www.moddb.com/mods/oakraven-forest-collection/downloads/onofflights#downloadsform

Oakraven Steampunk Lights provide steampunk themed wall and desk lights, as well as a multitrack Jukebox which cycles to the next track when turned on and off. These lights can be turned on and off using the E (Use) key. They do not need to be powered. If you destroy a light, it will be added to your inventory to be stored or placed in a new location. The lights use a variable helper for players to select from the range. They can be made on the Workbench under the Science area.

qtzj3sL.jpg

loOq2gx.jpg