Should Charismatic Nature still be in the game?

DaChibii

Should Charismatic Nature still be in the game?  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Should Charismatic Nature still be in the game?

• Yes.
    • No.
    • Other - Make it a magazine group.
    • Other - Something else.

Sooo... the recent 'Useless skill' poll had Charismatic Nature come up a few times, and I think maybe it's a discussion worth having.

First off, I like Charismatic Nature. I generally play 7dtd in groups, and I silently judge the INT player on whether or not they take the skill. I also think it's fairly balanced, although like XP sharing the range could be probably a slider/customizable value.

Buuut... even though the game is being designed for both single player and multiplayer, it's the only skill that is used exclusively in multiplayer. So for single player sessions it becomes a pointless, and a lost investment for the player if they stray away from the group in MP.

I get that it's good for encouraging multiplayer sessions, but almost feel like the 8 person co-op is powerful enough without needing it. And thus the poll.

The yes/no is simple enough, and I mean you can further explain your decision below. The Other - Magazine option is sort of a 'yes' vote but instead places it more as RNG-won boost. And finally the plain Other is if you have another way of encouraging or rewarding multiplayer sessions.

Thoughts? Opinions? 2cents?

Reminder that this game really isn't SP.  It's MP PvE meant to be played as Co-Op.  For those of us that do play SP (or even only SP), then the game is simply a server of one  😁

Best to just remove it as a mod if you play SP only, that is what I am doing.

For my playstyle its a useless skill, same as better barter and daring adventurer.

Not that they don't have their merits I'd would like to see them changed personally.

Better barter and Charismatic Nature should be merged in to the same skill, better charisma gets you better deals and inspire people to do things they would not do like paying attention, go the a bit more.

Would change a bit of how the skill works as well.

Inspirational, get rid of the gain 20Hp and stamina and swap it for restore stamina faster.

Team Leader, this should increase defence not attack

Motivational Speaker, this one should have the gain 20Hp and Stamina.

Squad Leader, all attributes +1 just makes no sense. +1 to parkour, From the Shadows and Healing Factor would make more sense to have.

When they merged with better barter.

Inspirational, get rid of the gain 20Hp and stamina and swap it for restore stamina faster.

+ 5% discount at trader.

Team Leader, this should increase defence not attack

+ 10% discount at trader.

Motivational Speaker, this one should have the gain 20Hp and Stamina.

+ 15% discount at trader and motivated trader to show better loot in secret stash.

Squad Leader, all attributes +1 just makes no sense. +1 to parkour, From the Shadows and Healing Factor would make more sense to have.

+ 20% discount at trader and motivated trader to show even better loot in secret stash.

Skip the level 5 of better barter, its to OP and can be reached with magnum enforcer, cigar ect

As for Daring adventurer, never gotten the name "Daring" its not that everything gets harder to do.

This perk should be the same as the "Lucky Basterd" bookskill so taking chances meaning, being a "Daring Adventurer" pays of.

Looter, 5% chance enemies drop something

Plunderer 10% chance enemies drop something

Mercenary 15% chance enemies drop something 

Daring adventurer 20% chance enemies drop something 

In the past I didn't get the perk because it didn't work.  Now that it actually works I don't get the perk because I don't find it very useful.  The effects of the perk are nice and I would definitely take it if the effective range was tied to the xp share distance but currently the range is too small for me to feel it useful enough to use.  I run around on the ground during horde nights and I would hate for my group to be losing and gaining skill points if I happen to have to run a little too far away while fighting.

18 hours ago, Flycatcher said:

For my playstyle its a useless skill, same as better barter and daring adventurer.

Better Bartering and Daring Adventurer are two of my favorite perks.  I can see them as not being as useful if you completely ignore the Traders during your playtime but if you do quests frequently and are buying/selling often then they are a huge benefit to get.  

21 hours ago, Sjustus548 said:

Better Bartering and Daring Adventurer are two of my favorite perks.  I can see them as not being as useful if you completely ignore the Traders during your playtime but if you do quests frequently and are buying/selling often then they are a huge benefit to get.  

That is kinda why "Daring adventurer" is a pretty weak perk depending on quest mostly giving you things you already have better of.

If it changes to an in the field bonus  giving a drop loot chance for killing it will last even if you finish all quest in the map and would have a higher chance to get you more than you would with the current one.

Its the reason I don't use it, simply because I quest to much.

As for better barter, Always have more dukes then things to spend it on.

Not saying that the perk should disappear since a lot of people like it, more that it should be a combined perk adding more value to charisma 

Better Barter opens up the super secret stash stuff though.  Sometimes when you just can't find that schem or item via looting or whatever, it might be available in the secret stash.  Also, it's the only way to get solar afaik.  Not that solar is needed but it's kinda nice to 'set and forget' for light-duty electrical power.

As for Charismatic Nature...I've been playing SP since my best friend died last year, but we always used to use it.   

Edited by Ezed (see edit history)

4 hours ago, Flycatcher said:

That is kinda why "Daring adventurer" is a pretty weak perk depending on quest mostly giving you things you already have better of.

If it changes to an in the field bonus  giving a drop loot chance for killing it will last even if you finish all quest in the map and would have a higher chance to get you more than you would with the current one.

Its the reason I don't use it, simply because I quest to much.

As for better barter, Always have more dukes then things to spend it on.

Not saying that the perk should disappear since a lot of people like it, more that it should be a combined perk adding more value to charisma 

I feel like your logic is reversed lol.  If you do a lot of questing then getting Daring Adventurer would be a good bonus because then you can choose 2 rewards instead of just 1.  There might not be anything you really need but it's still a nice bonus.  If you have a ton of dukes from questing so much you want to get all the points in Better Bartering to open up better purchasing options thru the secret stash options.  It lets you start getting Q6 Solar Panels since you can't get them any other way in the game.  Especially since they increased the cost of the solar panels by quite a bit.  

Maybe in the begin of the game you are right that you feel the logic is reversed, its definitely true two rewards are better then one.

The larger picture is that quest are limited and if "Daring Adventurer" isn't tied to quest reward you will still get them when not questing and if the reward is tied to your game stage like the zombie lootdrop is.

You would get more bang for your buck then a double quest reward at tier 5 quests, specially if the role for dropping is counted for every zombie you kill.

Mostly I just melt the dukes to be honest, they are way to easy to get but that's besides the point of this discussion same as the use of solar panels they are great markers for bases with value unless you use the exploit of placing them underground with one removed block of soil  and bars so it counts as an outside.

Anyway just saying better bartering should be in a different form, not that secret stash should disappear too many people need it to play the game with their playstyle.