Cannot connect to specific multiplayer server (4 days of trying to fix as of 29th Jan) Please Help!

Worrun

I have a corrupted character on a server and need to remove every trace of said player.

OUTPUT LOG:
https://pastebin.com/VwtmgmMT

I am having issues joining a specific server on 7 DAYS TO DIE. (Reach Gaming server)

I have been trying for 3 days straight to fix this issue, along with 3 server admins and several community members to fix this but we cannot.

We think it's an issue with my character and the server, as I can play any other server without issue. To our knowledge we've removed all traces of my character and save on the server machine files and I have done everything including nuking the entire game and all files and directory's off my PC, game cache on steam, drivers, etc, etc.

Anyone have any ideas of suggestions? Below is the screen I get when joining the server. It hangs/repeats there forever, repeating those same lines 3x a second, it shows me as "ingame" in the game to others but I am nowhere to be found. It also shows when other players join and leave the server and presumably when vehicles are moved, etc

Done:
Tried deleting C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\7DaysToDie?

Done:
i went to Players.xml and deleted his profile on there. its a list of players with a list of last pos loggin with landclaim and bedrol pos

Done:
I've heard that switching the setting for "persistent player profiles" fixed it for some people too

Done:
Have you tried to verify game files from steam?

Done:
i have remove all traces i could find that has your "userid="00024734aad943eb8723ce116f6a3dd9" playername="Worrun"

Done:
if it needs more nuking you can remove the <player platform="EOS" userid="" playername="" lastlogin="2022-01-19 18:19:28" /> from players.xml

Done:

Stop the server. Go to your Gamepanel and open the file manager. Navigate to Saves\YourWorldName\YourSaveName\Player. Find <PlayersSteamID64>.ttp and <PlayersSteamID64>.ttp.bak. Delete both. Go back to the Gamepanel and start your server.

Done:
Tried teleporting me when 'logged on'

Done: 
Changed default player spawn to server

Edited by Worrun (see edit history)

open the file "players.xml" found in
C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\7DaysToDie\Saves\SAVENAME\SAVENAME

(On a rented service the file path will be different)

Find the players name and copy the userid. Open the folder "Players" in the same location and CTRL + F , paste the user id in and delete the 3 files.

That should nuke it, if it needs more nuking you can remove the  <player platform="EOS" userid="" playername="" lastlogin="2022-01-19 18:19:28" /> from players.xml 

1 hour ago, Naz said:

open the file "players.xml" found in
C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\7DaysToDie\Saves\SAVENAME\SAVENAME

(On a rented service the file path will be different)

Find the players name and copy the userid. Open the folder "Players" in the same location and CTRL + F , paste the user id in and delete the 3 files.

That should nuke it, if it needs more nuking you can remove the  <player platform="EOS" userid="" playername="" lastlogin="2022-01-19 18:19:28" /> from players.xml 

Done that, still having issues. Here's my log:

6 hours ago, Star69 said:

Definitely a network problem, not sure if it’s corrupt player data or not. Why are you using such a drastic change in server ports? Default is 26900 and yours is 41321. Could you have not forwarded all the correct ports?

When it comes to ports and port forwarding I am clueless. It's on a dedicated server if that helps, what should I change and now?

OUTPUT LOG:

I am having issues joining a specific server on 7 DAYS TO DIE. (Reach Gaming server)

I have been trying for 3 days straight to fix this issue, along with 3 server admins and several community members to fix this but we cannot.

We think it's an issue with my character and the server, as I can play any other server without issue. To our knowledge we've removed all traces of my character and save on the server machine files and I have done everything including nuking the entire game and all files and directory's off my PC, game cache on steam, drivers, etc, etc.

Anyone have any ideas of suggestions? Below is the screen I get when joining the server. It hangs/repeats there forever, repeating those same lines 3x a second, it shows me as "ingame" in the game to others but I am nowhere to be found. It also shows when other players join and leave the server and presumably when vehicles are moved, etc

Done:
Tried deleting C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\7DaysToDie?

Done:
i went to Players.xml and deleted his profile on there. its a list of players with a list of last pos loggin with landclaim and bedrol pos

Done:
I've heard that switching the setting for "persistent player profiles" fixed it for some people too

Done:
Have you tried to verify game files from steam?

Done:
i have remove all traces i could find that has your "userid="00024734aad943eb8723ce116f6a3dd9" playername="Worrun"

Done:
if it needs more nuking you can remove the <player platform="EOS" userid="" playername="" lastlogin="2022-01-19 18:19:28" /> from players.xml

Done:

Stop the server. Go to your Gamepanel and open the file manager. Navigate to Saves\YourWorldName\YourSaveName\Player. Find <PlayersSteamID64>.ttp and <PlayersSteamID64>.ttp.bak. Delete both. Go back to the Gamepanel and start your server.

Done:
Tried teleporting me when 'logged on'

Done: 
Changed default player spawn to server

unkn5own.png

unknown.png

Edited by Worrun (see edit history)

Is it a rented server or are you running it on a separate pc at your house? I’ve just never seen a game server port in that range before. If you’re hosting a pc server, the game port should be 26900 and you need to open/forward a bunch of ports on your router. The game port is set in your serverconfig.xml file, sometimes it’s set in the command line to start the server. The ports that you need to forward are in this informational topic in the pinned topic in this forum. Here’s the link:

https://community.7daystodie.com/topic/3998-support-faq-information-and-common-solutions/

If it’s a rented server, then you need to contact the rentals support to find out why it isn’t working correctly.

I see im not the only one having this problem (different server, same issue)

Just wondering.. have you checked your output log file? (\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\7 Days To Die\7DaysToDie_Data)  Wondering if your problem is at the same location as mine..

Here is what mine shows...

"2022-01-29T13:55:45 76.045 INF Allowed ChunkViewDistance: 6
NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at GameManager.PlayerId (System.Int32 _playerId, System.Int32 _teamNumber, PlayerDataFile _playerDataFile, System.Int32 _chunkViewDim) [0x0005d] in <c86f272aec0d4f97b156393ba4e8f703>:0 
  at NetPackagePlayerId.ProcessPackage (World _world, GameManager _callbacks) [0x00000] in <c86f272aec0d4f97b156393ba4e8f703>:0 
  at ConnectionManager.ProcessPackages (INetConnection _connection, NetPackageDirection _disallowedDirection, ClientInfo _clientInfo) [0x000c8] in <c86f272aec0d4f97b156393ba4e8f703>:0 
  at ConnectionManager.Update () [0x000f6] in <c86f272aec0d4f97b156393ba4e8f703>:0 "

Right after the ChunkViewDistance:6 is where my error hits every time.

Strange thing for me was i was online playing on the server (DeadLights), the server did its hourly reboot, when it finished i tried to log back on and started getting that error.

2 hours ago, broksonic said:

I see im not the only one having this problem (different server, same issue)

Just wondering.. have you checked your output log file? (\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\7 Days To Die\7DaysToDie_Data)  Wondering if your problem is at the same location as mine..

Here is what mine shows...

"2022-01-29T13:55:45 76.045 INF Allowed ChunkViewDistance: 6
NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at GameManager.PlayerId (System.Int32 _playerId, System.Int32 _teamNumber, PlayerDataFile _playerDataFile, System.Int32 _chunkViewDim) [0x0005d] in <c86f272aec0d4f97b156393ba4e8f703>:0 
  at NetPackagePlayerId.ProcessPackage (World _world, GameManager _callbacks) [0x00000] in <c86f272aec0d4f97b156393ba4e8f703>:0 
  at ConnectionManager.ProcessPackages (INetConnection _connection, NetPackageDirection _disallowedDirection, ClientInfo _clientInfo) [0x000c8] in <c86f272aec0d4f97b156393ba4e8f703>:0 
  at ConnectionManager.Update () [0x000f6] in <c86f272aec0d4f97b156393ba4e8f703>:0 "

Right after the ChunkViewDistance:6 is where my error hits every time.

Strange thing for me was i was online playing on the server (DeadLights), the server did its hourly reboot, when it finished i tried to log back on and started getting that error.

Yep, you'll see the issue in my screenshot and output log. 

"NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object"

It's super vague and I'm really hoping a moderator of staff member from @SylenThunder TFP team can shine some light on this issue as it's exhausting me - I've been trying to fix it for days now and tried everything I can bar an entire server wipe.

5 hours ago, Star69 said:

Is it a rented server or are you running it on a separate pc at your house? I’ve just never seen a game server port in that range before. If you’re hosting a pc server, the game port should be 26900 and you need to open/forward a bunch of ports on your router. The game port is set in your serverconfig.xml file, sometimes it’s set in the command line to start the server. The ports that you need to forward are in this informational topic in the pinned topic in this forum. Here’s the link:

https://community.7daystodie.com/topic/3998-support-faq-information-and-common-solutions/

If it’s a rented server, then you need to contact the rentals support to find out why it isn’t working correctly.

It's a server rented/hosted by a company (ping perfect) by a friend (Reach Gaming @ Youtube) the server has 20+ regular daily users and I am the only player having this issue, one other player had the issue for some hours and it fixed itself, I remain stuck

Yea, hope they can check it out.. 

I even tried to do a fresh install on my 2nd PC and got the same error in the same place.  They are not even twin systems, my 2nd one is setup differently ... hmm but they are both AMD cpu's (Ryzen 9 and Ryzen 7), and do have a few background programs that are the same.  Think i might start pulling a few duplicate programs from my 2nd pc and see if i find a trouble maker... 

I will post back if i find anything.

47 minutes ago, broksonic said:

Yea, hope they can check it out.. 

I even tried to do a fresh install on my 2nd PC and got the same error in the same place.  They are not even twin systems, my 2nd one is setup differently ... hmm but they are both AMD cpu's (Ryzen 9 and Ryzen 7), and do have a few background programs that are the same.  Think i might start pulling a few duplicate programs from my 2nd pc and see if i find a trouble maker... 

I will post back if i find anything.

I appreciate it. I have an i7 2400k

No luck.  I shut off everything i could think of and still keep the ability to log into the server.  Even tried logging in through the IP address instead of letting the launcher start it, still no luck.

kind of strange i can log on to other servers running the A20 b6 experimental version but just not my main server.  Even had the Admin wipe my char.  Seems like 7D2D (or steam) is holding some of my login information somewhere that i havent found yet (thinking there is a corrupt file somewhere, even though i wiped the game multiple of times)

Will still keep digging and post anything i might find.

@broksonic: Please post your full logfile (use pastebin for this!). Incomplete logfile is incomplete information

If you have access to the server logfiles, post those as well. If both servers are provided by hosters, maybe it is the same hoster, if you know the name that would be helpful as well. @Worrun These two questions are for you as well

Edited by meganoth (see edit history)

5 hours ago, meganoth said:

@broksonic: Please post your full logfile (use pastebin for this!). Incomplete logfile is incomplete information

If you have access to the server logfiles, post those as well. If both servers are provided by hosters, maybe it is the same hoster, if you know the name that would be helpful as well. @Worrun These two questions are for you as well

Our host is pingperfect. I don't have access to logfiles but I can get them

I don't think there is more than players.xml and the files in the players directory. You naturally have to stop the server before doing the delete and to be save, delete the contents of LocalSaves on the local PC.

I would suggest you try again to delete your character, maybe first time was a fluke.

And if possible, observe the players.xml file and players directory on the server.  Start the server. Your player files should be still gone, don't forget to refresh the display. Then log in. Now and only now you should see your player files being created again.

Did you delete your profile on the actual server too?

If you are on a dedicated server your profile is coming DOWN from their box so you have to have it deleted at the host level.   So deleting it on your local save won't do anything other than force it to download from the server again, but if its corrupted there it won't fix it.

So you'll want to go into the dedicated servers saves, find your SteamID (google Steam ID 64) and delete your save there.   Then also delete your local and when it grabs it again you hopefully will start fresh.