Question - Garrage doors

BlueIce

I want to say there used to be a way but I'm not able to find out how.  Are you using the rolling garage door or the double garage door?  The rolling door when open can appear to be sitting horizontally if placed on the ground.  Not sure if that would be a work around for your plans though.

Well I was going to link a screenshot but the admin has the server down at the moment, we use the rolling garage doors as *break* between our bridges between bases, main base ---> --- <--- kill base.

You have to set it up as vertical if I recall, but then when you "open" it, it becomes a bridge to the next section.  I would not recommend riding or driving across it, but running is fine.  We also will set up 2 of these breaks, one on each side to compensate for jumping z's with the exception of spiders who can jump where they darn well please.

Edited by Darthjake
clarification (see edit history)

When I tested out this way to make a bridge zombies would not cross it unless I made a mid platform for the gap that zombies could detect that I could not see. 

---> --- <--

|

|

|

I was trying to use the powered garage doors so when zombies was spotted by cameras the doors would go into an closed state and that bridge would disappear.   I was thinking of setting up two of them to play ring around the rosey with them and put the in a loop.   I lot of work and a end game design for sure.

1 minute ago, BarryTGash said:

An inverter that only works on doors would be good. 

That would be nice; you make it sound like a separate block though. The door could just have settings for that, like triggers and traps. Likely easier to implement as well.

16 minutes ago, theFlu said:

That would be nice; you make it sound like a separate block though. The door could just have settings for that, like triggers and traps. Likely easier to implement as well.

Possibly, but I was thinking something along the lines of the electric wire relay or the electric timer relay. Either way, the end result would be good.

2 hours ago, BarryTGash said:

Possibly, but I was thinking something along the lines of the electric wire relay or the electric timer relay.

I thought of that same idea, but then I realize that an inverter relay requires "magic power" to be a thing. The relay has zero incoming power, but magically it is producing full power output. I'd be okay if they implemented it as a transistor of sorts - two power inputs, one for base supply and one for the signal. The output is the inverse of the signal, but pulls from the base supply to provide output power.

Spring-loading or other hand-wavey things could explain an inverted powered door.