Who nerfed the cops and soldiers?

GreenGril76

Good evening.

Has anyone else realized the cops and soldiers are far too easy now? I usually play on Adventurer or higher, and I've been taking them out with either a R3 club or baseball bat.

It's too easy to crit a cop, taking off their leg or head, before they explode. I lost my fear in taking them on.

The soldiers don't "ring" when you hit them, and crumple far faster than a hazmat guy.

I'm really disappointed in these changes, and want to know why someone thought this was a good direction to go in?

Edited by GreenGril76 (see edit history)

4 hours ago, GreenGril76 said:

cops

Have you not noticed how they can puke out the back of their heads? That's pretty terrifying... (had a cop climbing up a ladder to reach me, facing away from me yet *barf* he 'shot' me anyway). Plus they can still take a number of rounds/hits to the melon to finish off if you don't get a dismembering crit.

4 hours ago, GreenGril76 said:

soldiers

I notice a distinct ding quite frequently when you shoot em in the head. Plus they can take two or more close range shotgun blasts to the face... hazmat guys not so much. Perhaps their armour is more detrimental to gunfire than melee... 

6 minutes ago, Boidster said:

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that The Fun Pimps nerfed cops.

Cop HP: - A19=300, A20=250

Cop Feral HP: A19=570, A20=475

****saws off the limb Boidster is on

Check your files, I think you switched them up  😉

59 minutes ago, BFT2020 said:

****saws off the limb Boidster is on

Check your files, I think you switched them up  😉

A) Yes. Notepad++ is great and I keep it here open with a bunch of the XML for both 19.3 and 20. And reading the f***ing path on the tabs is important, apparently. Ugh.

B) Just what kind of saw are you using?

Edited by Boidster (see edit history)

2 hours ago, Rince said:

I was fighting soldiers in a camp that respawned the other night and I clearly remember their helmets doing the "CLANG" sounds when hitting them with the Steel Club.

Try hitting their helmet when they are laying down.   I had to wait til he got up to headshot him.

3 hours ago, Boidster said:

Huh. Testing: polesaw, hacksaw, @%$#saw. Ahh...lol nevermind. I thought "****saw" was the forum bleeping something out. But the forum uses the industry-standard '@%$#' for bleeps.

That was my way to indicate action rather than words.  I am not as hip as the young people with Social media so I probably using the wrong characters or something  😉