What changes do you make to the game for personal enjoyment?

Limdood

-any HUD with thirst hunger

-car respawner

-more vehicles

-more vehicle mods

-3slot forge

-more zombie spawn

-always open trader

-vanilla+ for stacksizes

-200% xp or 2 skillpoints per level

-have a supperdiggeradmingun in base for less stress at building. I hate to remove my missplaced blocks with tools. In every other game you can pick up your buildingblocks.

52 minutes ago, Mahnogard said:

I do find it interesting, it sounds like a fun challenge! There are some things I would excel at. Like the storage thing. I don't use regular storage boxes past like day 2, and all of my storage cabinets / racks go in normal places. Picture of my current kitchen attached. LOL I've been building my own houses from scratch so renovating one would be no problem. I'll keep this in mind for down the road. 

20220104193757_1.jpg

That's really nice. I've never done a "rebuild/refurbish" before as usually I'm thinking "build horde base must survive ASAP" so its always intrigued me to take it a bit slower, or at least "go the distance" and make the base a "looks nice" part of the game. I never have a "home" as when I'm done I usually have a mishmashed up POI that looks like the last hour of a garage sale (I don't do symmetrical from scratch builds anymore).  usually I drop a mailbox down as a "itz dun!" moment ;)

16 minutes ago, doughphunghus said:

That's really nice. I've never done a "rebuild/refurbish" before as usually I'm thinking "build horde base must survive ASAP" so its always intrigued me to take it a bit slower, or at least "go the distance" and make the base a "looks nice" part of the game. I never have a "home" as when I'm done I usually have a mishmashed up POI that looks like the last hour of a garage sale (I don't do symmetrical from scratch builds anymore).  usually I drop a mailbox down as a "itz dun!" moment ;)

Thanks! I just put a mailbox in front of my little homestead today. :D I think I've built an actual horde base exactly one time, and that was for a friendly "30 days to live" challenge with a friend. My go-to is either a small house POI, or a scratch-build homestead. In both cases I use a perimeter wall where all my defense power goes. It's a strat that gets hairy later when I have to run around on the wall to catch the demos as soon as possible (though I don't always play a save long enough for that to be an issue), but I like to feel like I'm defending my home. I think that some horde bases I've seen are brilliant, but I don't usually enjoy building that way.

My current homestead is 31x 26, with the house (9x9, main floor + attic), a crafting workshop area, a farm of 35 crop plots (I think, I didn't count LOL) and I've also dug a pond I will fill with water tomorrow. And yes, I will use CM to place water blocks because I've done the bucket thing before and that was just not a good time. :D The whole thing isn't done yet, still have some interior detailing to do on the house, and the wall isn't finished, but it's getting there. I haven't taken a pic of the whole thing or the crafting area yet.

20220104193548_1.jpg

20220104193906_1.jpg

I actually recreated a POI in A19 as my base (I of course had separate horde base). I haven't found it yet in A20, although I suspect it is (or was) the green 2-story with the wrecked carport (garage was my own addition). Of course it was made of concrete & bulletproof glass, but painted to look like original.

Spoiler

Front.thumb.jpg.d3f204324d3a0b69c6ea62e89a095c33.jpg

Back.jpg

Kitchen.jpg

Dining Room.jpg

Top Down 1.jpg

Top Down 3.jpg

Full basement and 2nd floor, plus partial attic. Lots of storage. Also walled compound and farm not shown. Was a good base but so much work to build.

Edited by Krougal (see edit history)

4 minutes ago, Krougal said:

I actually recreated a POI in A19 as my base (I of course had separate horde base). I haven't found it yet in A20, although I suspect it is (or was) the green 2-story with the wrecked carport (garage was my own addition).

That looks so good! And I think I was in that green house this afternoon on a quest!

Increasing the number and frequency of zombie spawns, usually by 10x the number and dropping the frequency to 0.5 at minimum.  
Changing the vehicle speed and the sprint speed to be equal so I don't have to constantly hold down shift while driving.  
This time I increased the stack size on certain items a little, might increase them more though.