Xbox one

Waifubodypillow

4 hours ago, Waifubodypillow said:

Lol bro I just joined yesterday I spent an hour looking as I'm new to the site, no need to be a @%$# homeboy.

So seriously, you spent an hour looking and still managed to not see the two massive red banners at the top of every page of the console section? 

spacer.png

For an hour you did not find the News & Announcements section where there are threads with names like 7 Days to Die Console Edition Happenings, Console News, and Telltale Update.

0ff321ce5ee9120971b72f89d9927c35.png

You did not manage to find any of the current threads on the first page of the Console General Discussion section that you started this thread in?

Updates for 7 Days to Die on PS4 or XB1 (This one is Pinned even)

Just writing a post so it is known there still interest in waiting for console updates. Yes I have read forums

if this game is never going to get an update again, why is it $40 (cdn) on the marketplace?

Update for console

Join this petition 

We will wait for whatever it takes

console re-release problems and false advertizing

These were all on the first page. You didn't even have to use the search. You merely needed to scroll down just a little bit and read.

Honestly, it doesn't matter that you just joined yesterday. It doesn't matter at all that you are new to the site.  What matters is that you could not be bothered to do the most basic looking before making a post. If you had actually "spent an hour looking", how on earth did you miss any one of these items?  I mean it's not like we don't have it literally plastered everywhere for you to find. It's not like there aren't a number of topics on the subject.

So seriously, what kind of a response would you expect?

Just want to point out that this could of been handled better for one. And according to Dev blogs and conversations on twitter the console WILL be patched to the current PC patch; unfortunately there is a high probability that it will be only available for next gen (Series X/S) and won't be until mid 2022 more than likely. Once it is patched that is it. there will be no further patches or updates to console which means the death of the game unless they develop a different game.

Once I find the discussions again i will link them for you both.

Roland

• Author

SEPTEMBER 2021

• On the developer stream tonight Rick Huenink stated that they definitely will be porting the full game to PS5 and Xbox series and are in talks with several studios to make it happen once the PC game is finished and no longer in flux.
  • He also stated that they hope to be able to back port the full game to PS4 and Xbox One as well. Rick thinks it might be possible and it is something they are going to be seriously looking into.
  • They also hope to provide dedicated servers for console players as well as crossplay.
Edited September 21, 2021 by Roland (see edit history)

Edited by MrHolman
Found post. (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/2/2022 at 6:39 PM, MrHolman said:

Just want to point out that this could of been handled better for one. And according to Dev blogs and conversations on twitter the console WILL be patched to the current PC patch; unfortunately there is a high probability that it will be only available for next gen (Series X/S) and won't be until mid 2022 more than likely. Once it is patched that is it. there will be no further patches or updates to console which means the death of the game unless they develop a different game.

This doesn't sound like what Rick Huenink said:

First of all he said "once the PC game is finished". This means the START of the porting work will not be in 2022 and just maybe in 2023.

So console players will get a port of the finished PC game maybe in 2024 or 2025 (especially if they really want to port back to the older consoles, Cyberpunk 2077 should be a warning to anyone trying this)

"patches" is the wrong word here, there won't be any patches to anything existing. There will be a new game published on consoles, no upgrade to something existing (like the old console game). Whether there will be special deals for old owners is probably up to the new publisher, don't bet on it.

Edited by meganoth (see edit history)

On 1/2/2022 at 9:39 AM, MrHolman said:

The conversations have said that there will be a new game ported to the next gen consoles based on the finished PC version. There will be no A20 patch coming to the current console version. The current console version will not be patched to any future alpha version of the PC in 2022 2023 or ever.

As Meganoth stated, once the PC game is finished (likely 2023) then work will begin on a new console port. Rick did say that he hopes the publisher will be able to back port the game to this current version but that is not guaranteed. If it happens it won't be Alpha 20 or Alpha 21 or Alpha 22 etc. It will be the completed and finished full release version of the game.

In short, please do expect A20 getting patched to the console version we have right now in mid 2022. That will not happen.

24 minutes ago, Roland said:

In short, please do expect A20 getting patched to the console version we have right now in mid 2022. That will not happen.

I think you forgot your negative here....

Or are you trolling?  Expect it to get patched in mid 2022 but don't make any bets on it as it will not happen  😉