A20 multiplayer "E" key not working and I fall through the ground

Par_A

2 hours ago, Star69 said:

You have 2 unrelated issues going on and am surprised that you can play that seed with no issues. Your log shows the presence of A19 files in your A20 game, which has nothing to do with your friend being unable to connect. To fix your issue, click on the blue banner at the top of the forum and follow the instructions for cleaning you old files then uninstalling/reinstalling the game. Be sure to manually delete the mods folder and it’s contents. I don’t think the A19 files are from the mods.

I'm honestly not sure how there could be A19 files given I fully deleted both the Appdata folder and the game folder under Steam, but regardless, I've now once again:

Followed the steps in the blue banner.

In addition manually deleted both "%appdata%\Roaming\7DaysToDie" and "Steam\steamapps\common\7 Days To Die"

Double-checked I'm on latest-experimental build and verified integrity to redownload fresh files.

Double-checked Windows Firewall/Defender and re-added rules/exceptions to both to allow the game exe and launcher exe as well as both the appdata and steam game folders.

As mentioned by my friend Midnight Queen above: We tested with RWG and he still got stuck at 0% download (When this happens my console output says the transfer has started and then being done despite him still being at the "receiving/loading configs" part, at least 1-2 minutes before the download progress shows on his end), we then tested using PREGEN6k and he could obviously connect since there's no need for a world transfer, but again after about 20-30m he once again got the interaction bug.

Here's our 2 logs for this last PREGEN attempt:

https://pastebin.com/FimvuMWH

https://pastebin.com/Fz3zrTAH

Edited by Aurani (see edit history)

Midnight Queen has a mod called TextureStreaming while you don't.  Have you guys tried removing that one and seeing if it fixes the issue?

I am not sure if that is the issue, but that was one difference that jumped out at me quickly

Sorry, I got the two pastebin files mixed up.  The server has a mod called TextureStreaming while MQ's doesn't.  Should that mod be loaded up on both client and server side?  Or maybe removing it altogether and seeing if that helps?

Edited by BFT2020 (see edit history)

I no longer see the A19 files so that’s cleaned up and I no longer see the litenetlib connection issue either. There is an error at the end of the second log pertaining to windows console update, not sure what that means. However, Midnight Queen is still unable to download the map and still has interaction issues. There was another thread that mentioned this was fixed by stopping an Asus gaming program called Game First which attempts to manipulate network traffic in favor of the gamer. Does MQ have any software like that running?

From a personal perspective, I occasionally get stuck downloading a map requiring me to restart several times to get the map to download and also occasionally lose the ability to interact with containers which disconnecting/reconnecting solves. I have 200mg service from Spectrum but use my own modem/router which has some nice logging features. It turns out that the upstream power of my Spectrum connection is too low and I’m currently battling with Spectrum for a fix. The problem is intermittent so when Spectrum checks, it’s of course fine but I have saved logs where it’s not. It might be worth looking at upstream/downstream power levels on MQ’s modem/router if possible or call your isp and ask them to do the same. You can google what the levels are supposed to be.

Thank you for your replies!
The texture streaming mod should be a client-side only mod and we removed it yesterday, but the issue remained.

As for the network, I never noticed any issues and was in contact with the ISP and they also concluded that nothing was out of the ordinary.
I do have an ASUS motherboard with its own programs, but I do not see "Game First" anywhere, nor have I ever installed it on my system.

The reason I even reported the problem to begin with is because I've been playing this game with Aurani since.... Alpha 12.5 I think(?) and we've never had issues with the game in any way, shape or form - this is the first time something like that has happened. The biggest "issue" I ever had was my internet connection mysteriously dropping after leaving the in-game server browser open for too long and then tabbing out, so this is new for both of us, especially since we played A19 just fine a few months back.

I honestly don't get what it could be, as our setups are the same from A19, but at the same time it's hard to pin it on the game as I've tried playing on random servers today and had zero issues downloading the map and haven't had the "E" problem either.

21 hours ago, Midnight Queen said:

Thank you for your replies!
The texture streaming mod should be a client-side only mod and we removed it yesterday, but the issue remained.

As for the network, I never noticed any issues and was in contact with the ISP and they also concluded that nothing was out of the ordinary.
I do have an ASUS motherboard with its own programs, but I do not see "Game First" anywhere, nor have I ever installed it on my system.

The reason I even reported the problem to begin with is because I've been playing this game with Aurani since.... Alpha 12.5 I think(?) and we've never had issues with the game in any way, shape or form - this is the first time something like that has happened. The biggest "issue" I ever had was my internet connection mysteriously dropping after leaving the in-game server browser open for too long and then tabbing out, so this is new for both of us, especially since we played A19 just fine a few months back.

I honestly don't get what it could be, as our setups are the same from A19, but at the same time it's hard to pin it on the game as I've tried playing on random servers today and had zero issues downloading the map and haven't had the "E" problem either.

It isn't only the texture streaming mod, the log shows a HUD mod and even a directory "7DaysToDie_Data" INSIDE the Mods folder of the server. Either a mod has unwanted files included or you did some random directory copies or moves with Windows Explorer or the shell.

My advice: Both of you do the steps listed above behind the blue link AGAIN, make sure everything is vanillaesquely vanilla and test again. Especially without mods, any mod (server-side, client-side, UI, not UI) has the ability to foul up the game.