A20 suggests, crafting logic, strange things

Fair Player [PL]

As in tittle I will describe it short and on topic.
A20 suggests:

1. Reduce gun/ammo looting amount or just add slider in menu which will allow to adjust amount of guns and ammo spawning in the world. In my and my friends opinion farther 7dtd goes, it is easier to get gun and ammo, so we are going into Call Of Duty Apocalypse world what is not nice.

2. Bring back gun parts and 600 points item durability like it was in the past. It was nice when you assembly gun from different HP parts then you obtain cumulative gun durability

3. Bring back molds and crafting gun parts in forge but crafted gun part will have max 1lvl of durability or 100 counted in old 600 points HP of item durability

4. Bring back different types of wood like it was in A~7? Now from destroyed, low quality of wood from burnt forest or random wood stick founded on the ground we can craft elegant stairs and other furnitures what is not real.

5. Bring back meals prepared on stick, like meat/rabbit on stick etc what we had in the past :)

Crafting logic:
1. Example of not logical crafting and resources needed: Due to "xxx xxx Shapes" Frames and objects which you can place from it, it causes strange not real resources needed to craft different things. For example 10xWood to craft Wooden Frame Shape maybe ok to craft simple frame block, but for stairs, furnitures and other more complicated objects those 10 woods seems to be unreal low resources needed. I would add more categories of for example wood shapes and others with different resources amount to craft. More complicated category needs more resources + extra things. Now form 10 woods we can build wonderful stairs/furnitures etc. where nails and other resources?

Strange Things:

1. Unlimited camp fire & secure storage chest. You may have just one item in the hand but you can place unlimited objects on the ground

2. Lever Action Riffle and other guns: fix animations and amount of ammo loaded to the gun. Animation always shows same amount ammo loaded it does not matter what amount of ammo left in magazine.

3 minutes ago, Fair Player [PL] said:

1. Unlimited camp fire & secure storage chest. You may have just one item in the hand but you can place unlimited objects on the ground

Turn off cheat mode in the settings when you are going to load the map. It is under the advanced tab.

For a visual aid courtesy of @unholyjoe, one of the Q&A staff:

A20.0_2021-12-06_16-50-51.thumb.jpg.24b4

3 hours ago, hiemfire said:

Turn off cheat mode in the settings when you are going to load the map. It is under the advanced tab.

For a visual aid courtesy of @unholyjoe, one of the Q&A staff:

A20.0_2021-12-06_16-50-51.thumb.jpg.24b4

thanks for the mention... Hated has had a discussion about this issue and there will be a fix going in to disable the infinite items on your toolbar (unless you are working in the prefab editor)... it was a feature added in a20 recently, but seems to be causing more reports (negative/confused) then praises. :)  the cheat mode will still be there just as before.

Edited by unholyjoe (see edit history)

Ok, as a gun enthusiast i HAVE to point this one out guys, since it's offence to anyone's intelligence who can google "how guns work". There were many more things that made me scoff with new guns but this one takes the cake - the rifle. 

spacer.png

It's so bad i couldn't not register and explain it why it's so bad. i'm not even talking about realism, i'm just talking about very basic concept art and common sense, gun knowledge that can be obtained in 10 minutes using google. 

i think modelers just made things that they thought looked cool and didn't even bothered to conceptualize actual use case of it. no matter how u look at it, this is one of the worst gun designs i've seen in my life. 

To put it lightly this one is absolutely never going to happen. what air tank even does here?!  the gun clearly isn't pneumatic as it's shown via spring and even if it was pneumatic there's myriad of reasons that it wouldn't work. 

even if air was used to make bullet go faster, kinda mixture of spring and air, it still wouldn't work for several technical reasons: 1. pipe girth and angle that connects to the air tank is way high caliber 2.air tank is small, it would be good for max 3-5 shots and i'm being generous here. 2 replacing it would be horrible pain in the arse.

but even if we ignore all of the above mentioned problems, main problem is that in postapocalyptic situation (or any situation for that matter) noone would sit, cutout very good (usually oak or english wallnut for very expensive rifles ) and stable stock of the rifle (ruining its integrity) to place air tank innit, strong, dependable, uncompromised stock for a rifle would be as expensive and rare in postapocalyptic situation, as gold.  they would just place it on the side or on top of it (but it would be way safer to put stock between shooters face and air tank)  just like this.

spacer.png

that design is accident waiting to happen right in users face, after some use, elasticity of wood would either ruin or explode that tank regardless of iron frames that are holding it or in the case if wood was old and dry enough it would shatter and kickback might impale the shooter with shattered pointy wood. since this specific stock highly looks like oak, i'm assuming it's oak which has much stronger thickness and lesser elasticity, shattering stock scenario is more likely to happen. to put it in a scale of "that's not how guns or pressurized air works at all" from 1 to 10 i'd say it's -8.

P.S. and good luck looking trough that scope with that air pipe sticking in your face. sitting with your chin on highly explosive pressurized air can.  i just can't elaborate more on this, concept art committed harakiri right there. 

if  i'll see this model fixed, my faith in humanity will be restored.

Edited by ergoproxymandias (see edit history)

1 hour ago, ergoproxymandias said:

what air tank even does here?!

It's obviously a genius system designed to operate the firing pin. The gun takes standard issue 7.62 with standard issue black powder, so of course it doesn't have anything to do with pneumatic rifles..

... :)

2 hours ago, theFlu said:

It's obviously a genius system designed to operate the firing pin. The gun takes standard issue 7.62 with standard issue black powder, so of course it doesn't have anything to do with pneumatic rifles..

... :)

I mean i'm even willing to ignore that and assume that by some magic condensed air helps bullet speed, i don't even have any problems of it breaking realism but even then, there's too many issues that follow. 😅 there's fine line between unrealistic and "it just won't work even if hell splits open".  here just noticed another one looking at it - that iron on the back of the stock which is attached to the air pipe, would ruin that pipe from kickback.

Edited by ergoproxymandias (see edit history)

Seems like  using compressed air to assist with cartridge ejection and breech load. Seems plausible to me, but never heard of that being done. 

Also, compressed air released at higher velocity to small air ejection nozzle will produce cooling. So a compressed air system on a traditional bullet rifle could be used as a method to cool the barrel.

9 hours ago, ergoproxymandias said:

Ok, as a gun enthusiast i HAVE to point this one out guys, since it's offence to anyone's intelligence who can google "how guns work". There were many more things that made me scoff with new guns but this one takes the cake - the rifle. 

spacer.png

It's so bad i couldn't not register and explain it why it's so bad. i'm not even talking about realism, i'm just talking about very basic concept art and common sense, gun knowledge that can be obtained in 10 minutes using google. 

i think modelers just made things that they thought looked cool and didn't even bothered to conceptualize actual use case of it. no matter how u look at it, this is one of the worst gun designs i've seen in my life. 

To put it lightly this one is absolutely never going to happen. what air tank even does here?!  the gun clearly isn't pneumatic as it's shown via spring and even if it was pneumatic there's myriad of reasons that it wouldn't work. 

even if air was used to make bullet go faster, kinda mixture of spring and air, it still wouldn't work for several technical reasons: 1. pipe girth and angle that connects to the air tank is way high caliber 2.air tank is small, it would be good for max 3-5 shots and i'm being generous here. 2 replacing it would be horrible pain in the arse.

but even if we ignore all of the above mentioned problems, main problem is that in postapocalyptic situation (or any situation for that matter) noone would sit, cutout very good (usually oak or english wallnut for very expensive rifles ) and stable stock of the rifle (ruining its integrity) to place air tank innit, strong, dependable, uncompromised stock for a rifle would be as expensive and rare in postapocalyptic situation, as gold.  they would just place it on the side or on top of it (but it would be way safer to put stock between shooters face and air tank)  just like this.

spacer.png

that design is accident waiting to happen right in users face, after some use, elasticity of wood would either ruin or explode that tank regardless of iron frames that are holding it or in the case if wood was old and dry enough it would shatter and kickback might impale the shooter with shattered pointy wood. since this specific stock highly looks like oak, i'm assuming it's oak which has much stronger thickness and lesser elasticity, shattering stock scenario is more likely to happen. to put it in a scale of "that's not how guns or pressurized air works at all" from 1 to 10 i'd say it's -8.

P.S. and good luck looking trough that scope with that air pipe sticking in your face. sitting with your chin on highly explosive pressurized air can.  i just can't elaborate more on this, concept art committed harakiri right there. 

if  i'll see this model fixed, my faith in humanity will be restored.

What about the Zombies? What about the blood moon event? What about the zombies being able to tell material strength? By now you should have realized this game does not aim to be realistic.