The 7D2D Mod Launcher - A Mod Launcher for 7 Days to Die

sphereii

I also have difficulties to run SDX mods thru the Mod Launcher. I have never used SDX before. I am using 'simple' version, not 'advanced'. Usually I have black screen with a cursor and it does not progress, so I have to kill the game. Some times I have the 'session token error', but the mod successfully loads after that. But then I am greeted with 'welcome to the true survivor mod', which is somehow left after I played 'true survival'. I am just hopping to different mods to try and see if any mods starts ok (I assume that the launcher allows safe mod changing). Sometimes I have to 'verify file integrity' in STEAM to make normal (non SDX) mod to install normally.

Sorry for this messy feed back, if it would be helpful, I can do it all again systematically and write all steps down and post here. My most recent log file http://pastebin.com/ytYV3XpH

it might be that you will need to delete the mods folder if you are using simple mode since you are using a single install of the game. Steam verification will only fix altered files but wont delete any extra files that have been added.

Hey unlike them

Simple mode was originally implemented based off of Valmar's mods, so it can do some roll back of files. With SDX, even more files have changed during mod installation. Simple is a much messier, in my opinion, method. However, it does save on disk space when it works.

I'll look into the Simple mode and see if I can fine tuned it to better handle SDX.

Have you tried Advanced mode with SDX?

-SphereII

Ok, some more messy feed back:

I removed the game from Steam and manually deleted the remaining folders. Then installed it again.

Started Mod Launcher, it updated itself up to 1.0.1.6 version.

Advanced Mode.

I started with True survivor mod, it installed and played succesfully. Then I tried to install some SDX mods and they all started vanilla game.

After some more messing with deleting mods and changing paths, I can no longer start even True survivor mod. It just doesnt start when I hit Play in the mod launcher. The path above the 'play' button looks like:

C:\Games\mods\7Days2Mod\True_Survival\TempMods\

While there is no 'TempMods' folder in 'true_survival'.

I deleted and installed 'true survivor' and use different paths, but nothing changes. It adds 'TempMods' in the path, but there is no TempMods folder in that path. If I manually start the 7dtd.exe in that copied folder, it starts vanilla.

But it used to work (true survivor, not SDX).

update:

Tried to install SteelMod, it doesn't add 'TempMods', and runs the game when I hit Play, but I see no difference from vanilla.

Im out of ideas so far.

some more update:

Now when I click 'true survivor' it shows normal path (without TempMods), but starts vanilla game. Then I checked 'Refresh mod automatically' and it started True Survivor (not vanilla), but with some error (NetFrame or something). And the next time it finally started with no problems.

SteelMod also starts normally (not vanilla), its good, but I don't think I have changed anything.

Edited by unlike them (see edit history)

Ok, some more messy feed back:

I removed the game from Steam and manually deleted the remaining folders. Then installed it again.

Started Mod Launcher, it updated itself up to 1.0.1.6 version.

Advanced Mode.

I started with True survivor mod, it installed and played succesfully. Then I tried to install some SDX mods and they all started vanilla game.

After some more messing with deleting mods and changing paths, I can no longer start even True survivor mod. It just doesnt start when I hit Play in the mod launcher. The path above the 'play' button looks like:

C:\Games\mods\7Days2Mod\True_Survival\TempMods\

While there is no 'TempMods' folder in 'true_survival'.

I deleted and installed 'true survivor' and use different paths, but nothing changes. It adds 'TempMods' in the path, but there is no TempMods folder in that path. If I manually start the 7dtd.exe in that copied folder, it starts vanilla.

But it used to work (true survivor, not SDX).

update:

Tried to install SteelMod, it doesn't add 'TempMods', and runs the game when I hit Play, but I see no difference from vanilla.

Im out of ideas so far.

some more update:

Now when I click 'true survivor' it shows normal path (without TempMods), but starts vanilla game. Then I checked 'Refresh mod automatically' and it started True Survivor (not vanilla), but with some error (NetFrame or something). And the next time it finally started with no problems.

SteelMod also starts normally (not vanilla), its good, but I don't think I have changed anything.

TempMods shouldn't be displayed in the path. I'll look to see where it's being added. If you do see, it, try restarting the Launcher and seeing if the TempMods still displayed.

-SphereII

no, it doesn't display anymore.

no luck with SDX mods so far, they start (sometimes with "session token error"), but they look vanilla.

I noticed an inconsistency with the "Destination Folder for Mods", if you switch from Simple to Advanced. I'll take a look at that.

When you are in Advanced, is your "Destination Folder for Mods" the same as your Steam paths?

The Session Token Error that you are getting... is the game reporting that, or the Launcher? When you get that error, would you mind going to View -> Log Files, and posting the game log?

Thanks,

-SphereII

I think the inconsistency happens when you have "spaces" in the folder's name (instead the specified '7dtd mods' it creates and empty '7dtd_mods'), wanna look into that?

here is the log file http://pastebin.com/4d7c0GuB

here is the screen shot

2070479459_tokenerror_cr.jpg.5f73f4e8ac6b6b301991cb8636ad261b.jpg

as you can see, there is a Russian text (Im a Russian), it translates as "Session Token Error. Base connection is closed: unexpected error when transferring (communicating?)" I doubt you localized your launcher into Russian, nor is 7dtd, so must be some windows or steam service, idk really.

The spaces get converted to "_" on purpose, in order to avoid issues that come with spacing in the file and folder names.

The log file indicates this:

INFO 7 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Error downloading file: http://www.mediafire.com/download/q4q3ddnos2i2qax/SDXTest.zip

INFO 7 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException:

� _7D2DLauncher.MediaFire.GetNextIndexOf(Char c, String source, Int32 start)

� _7D2DLauncher.MediaFire.GetAlternativeDirectDownloadLink(String download)

� _7D2DLauncher.MediaFire.GetDirectDownload(String strDownload)

� _7D2DLauncher.frmMain.DoDownload(String strDownload)

Looks like the connection to media fire got disconnected.

Would you mind installing the SDX / PowerMod? It's hosted on github, and we can see if the results are different.

-SphereII

I think unlike them's initial problem was his media fire connection.

My copy of Head Banger is already hosted on github. It's just a test spot right now; Pacco and crew likely won't be applying updates to it. It's just the patch that's hosted on media fire, which doesn't even get applied. The package was more of a proof of concept that you can daisy chain multiple downloads.

Only Spider's True Survival XTreme is under active development through the Launcher under the SDX section. The rest will still work, but will receive no updates from the modders.

Anyone who wants help in getting things setup under github and Launcher, should just contact StompyNZ and myself, and we can give you a hand.

-SphereII

Tried to start HeadBangerPSG-1 (it says it is on GitHub), it installed ok, I hit PLAY, but 'refresh mod automatically' was checked, so it started loading the mod again. It was taking too long, about 30 minutes, so I closed the Mod Launcher. After restarting the Launcher, I hit PLAY, and there was that Error again (session token), and it starts vanilla game. Here is the log.

ps.

Deleted the mod. But the folder is still there. Closed the Launcher, but cannot delete the folder, because it is 'being used'. Found the 'launcher' process and killed it. So, deleted the folder, installed the mod again, this time I unchecked 'refresh mod automatically' and hit Play. No errors, but the game starts vanilla. Here is the log.

When you unchecked the 'refresh mod automatically', did you start the game first? The initially installation makes a copy of the game. When you play the first time, it has to download the mod and install it.

After it has run the first time, you can skip the 'Refresh mod automatically', as it'll re-use what's there.

-SphereII

Hi I really like the launcher and the ease of use and the default mods are very well done, Thx Valmar ! :) just tried out your horde edition.

I wish to add a mod that is not already in the launcher. How do I do this if the mod is only on the forums here ?

thanks ! :)

easiest way: upload it to github.com, then message the repo link to sphereII. (tutorial)

You can also add your own mod if you make a config for it youself.

What i mean't is if i want to use, per eg: Lathmod A14.7 by Latheos, how do I add it to the modlauncher if the mod is only on the forums ? thx :)

https://github.com/LatheosMod/LathModRevised

Latheos has added it to github so for that one at least you can use it like the rest.

SphereII can correct me if this isnt correct, but I think you can just go to 'Add new My Mods'

then paste the url for the zip download link (i.e. https://github.com/LatheosMod/LathModRevised/archive/master.zip)

https://github.com/LatheosMod/LathModRevised

Latheos has added it to github so for that one at least you can use it like the rest.

SphereII can correct me if this isnt correct, but I think you can just go to 'Add new My Mods'

then paste the url for the zip download link (i.e. https://github.com/LatheosMod/LathModRevised/archive/master.zip)

ahh so ex: lets say i merge a few mods together, make sure the file directories are all correct and upload it to my my personal Google Drive as a zip, i can add that url to the Mod Launcher ? thanks for the quick replies :)

Will A15 experimental be added soon?

I'm back from vacation; sorry for the delay in answer.

The latest_experimental is always available under "The Fun Pimps" group. However, if you are using Advanced mode, you won't necessarily get every update they push out.

What I do is have all my mods seperated, but use the Steam copy to opt into the Experimental branch. That way, I let Steam always keep it updated, while I keep my mods' install frozen to the last supported version.

- - - Updated - - -

ahh so ex: lets say i merge a few mods together, make sure the file directories are all correct and upload it to my my personal Google Drive as a zip, i can add that url to the Mod Launcher ? thanks for the quick replies :)

You would have to test to see if the Google Drive link will work. The Launcher can download a direct link easily enough, and even handle some small redirects. But some require you to click on the button in order to initiate the download; those won't work so well.

- - - Updated - - -

StompyNZ is correct. If you are just testing the mod, you can use the Add New My Mods. You can list multiple download links, in the correct order.

LatheosMod/master.zip

7days2mod/compopack/master.zip

etc

When you are happy with your results, you can let me know what you want in your download list, and I can add it to the default.

*frustrated* ... nope does not work... it just makes a plain vanilla game even thought it accepts the link :( is github free ?

-edit- okay so I have signed-up with GitHub. How can I add my files to GitHub privately and add it to the Mod Launcher ? :)

fyi, github is free for open source, for private repos you have to pay.