The 7D2D Mod Launcher - A Mod Launcher for 7 Days to Die

sphereii

So my husband and I are trying to use this for Ravenhearst, but when we are ingame none of the icon/images of the things in our backpack show up. Any suggestions here, we have tried hardcoding the files directly into our games and server and tried using the launcher with and without EAC and have verified the integrity of our files with no luck.

Sorry you are having trouble.

With Ravenhearst select, can you click on the View Menu, then go to Log Files. Look in the drop down for the Launcher.txt log file, and click on Upload Log. It'll give you a pastebin.com link. If you give me that link, I'll take a look at the issue.

Sorry you are having trouble.

With Ravenhearst select, can you click on the View Menu, then go to Log Files. Look in the drop down for the Launcher.txt log file, and click on Upload Log. It'll give you a pastebin.com link. If you give me that link, I'll take a look at the issue.

Thanks Sphereii, but we figured out the issue, we turned it over to Advanced and it actually downloaded and installed it properly. But we are having an issue with getting it to work inour Dedicated Server, not using the launcher but the links in the launcher for the server.

Thanks Sphereii, but we figured out the issue, we turned it over to Advanced and it actually downloaded and installed it properly. But we are having an issue with getting it to work inour Dedicated Server, not using the launcher but the links in the launcher for the server.

The client side DLL won't work on the server, which is probably why you are having some trouble. Look for the server-side DLL version for the backpack mod, and it should work. I think it's a 45-slot?

@sphereii for some reason the launcher doesn't work for me when I install True Survival. I downgrade to 16.2 then install the mod, it turns green. But when I launch it's just the vanilla version.

Sorry for the trouble. Let's get you sorted out.

Are you using Advanced mode?

Can you provide me some log files? After you start the game, and loads up in vanilla, exit the game, and go back to the Mod Launcher.

Click on the View menu, then Log Files. You'll see a drop down with two log files: 7d2dlauncher.txt and output_log.txt

Can you select them one at a time, then click on Upload Log file. It'll show a pastebin.com link. If you can give me those links, we'll figure it out.

EDIT: Yes. Using advanced mode. I used True Survival in a15 perfectly.

Is this what you want? https://pastebin.com/z9kn0XxM

It seems when laucnhing it says "clone mode detected. No previous GIT exist. Recloning" So it's not finding the files. Unlike Valmod on your launcher it works fine. I download the mod and when I launch it. It says, clone mode detected, then it downloads the GitHub. This one doesnt. Not sure what the problem is, or why it's not receiving the files.

______________________________________________________________________________________

Yes. Used advanced mode. I used True Survival back in a15 and it worked fine.

Is this what you want? It doesn't seem like when I'm starting up that it's downloading the files correctly. Compared to when I start up Valmod it says it's downloading the github files etc.

When I try to start True Survival it doesn't load and nothing is happening. Then i close your launcher, relaunch it and click true survival it says recloning, recloning but it doesn't seem to be downloading the files.

https://pastebin.com/z9kn0XxM

Edited by MrSamuelAdam (see edit history)

Remove this one. I edited the above link.

Yes. Using advanced mode. I used True Survival in a15 perfectly.

Is this what you want? https://pastebin.com/z9kn0XxM

It seems when laucnhing it says "clone mode detected. No previous GIT exist. Recloning" So it's not finding the files. Unlike Valmod on your launcher it works fine. I download the mod and when I launch it. It says, clone mode detected, then it downloads the GitHub. This one doesnt. Not sure what the problem is, or why it's not receiving the files.

Thank you for the logs. Yes, that's what I wanted to see.

Does the message recloning repeat itself ? You could try to delete the TempMods folder directly, then click on Test Mod Sync. I don't see in the log file that you attempted to start the game. When you click on Play Mod, it'll copy the files from TempMods, and actually installs the mod at that point.

sphereii, it happened again. I wanted to re do the download for true survival since I forgot I had some changes in the file. So i remove the mod and verified my game files to put it on a fresh game. I downloaded the mod, but when clicking play mod it just says "Clone Mode Detected. No previous GIT exist. Recloning...." Been like this for 15 minutes?

I deleted everything and downloaded it still does the same thing.

I'll keep trying

sphereii, it happened again. I wanted to re do the download for true survival since I forgot I had some changes in the file. So i remove the mod and verified my game files to put it on a fresh game. I downloaded the mod, but when clicking play mod it just says "Clone Mode Detected. No previous GIT exist. Recloning...." Been like this for 15 minutes?

I deleted everything and downloaded it still does the same thing.

I'll keep trying

If the message says "Clone Mode Detect. No previous GIT exists. Recloning..." only once, then it's probably find. It's a 500 meg download (possibly more) so it will take some time.

Subsequent downloads should be much faster, as long as the TempMods folder doesn't get deleted.

EDIT: Removed everything and tried a 3rd time and it worked. It only took 2 minutes. So unsure why the first two didn't go through after 15 minutes or so. But I got it. 3rd times a charm I guess

If the message says "Clone Mode Detect. No previous GIT exists. Recloning..." only once, then it's probably find. It's a 500 meg download (possibly more) so it will take some time.

Subsequent downloads should be much faster, as long as the TempMods folder doesn't get deleted.

Okay. I'll leave it for awhile I guess. Was around 20 minutes before and I have 60 down speed. Ill update later if it works.

Edited by MrSamuelAdam (see edit history)

EDIT: Removed everything and tried a 3rd time and it worked. It only took 2 minutes. So unsure why the first two didn't go through after 15 minutes or so. But I got it. 3rd times a charm I guess

Okay. I'll leave it for awhile I guess. Was around 20 minutes before and I have 60 down speed. Ill update later if it works.

We make a request through GitHub's API to grab the files. There could be some some latency in those calls, or maybe my code is wonky :)

@sphereii my friend is getting this message when she clicks on play mod https://imgur.com/a/fiqxI

Sorry for the trouble. It looks like part of the folders are missing from the game. Would you be able to ask her to re-validate her files in steam, then in the Mod Launcher, Delete Mod, and re-install it?

That error is coming from the game; 7daystodie.exe is looking for the folder 7DaysToDie_Data, and cannot find it.

Wanted to use the loader, clean install of 7DTD from steam, downloaded the 7D2DLauncher.application, it checks the file, then a real fast flash on the screen and nothing. I cannot find any log file for the launcher and i wont run. Where do i go from here?

Sorry for the trouble.

When you say it flashes on the screen then nothing, do you mean when you start it? Sometimes firewall or anti-viruses don't play nicely with it.

You could try this: https://7d2dlauncher.blob.core.windows.net/installer/7D2DModLauncher.exe

It's a program that wraps the 7D2DLauncher.application. You can download that file, and copy it somewhere, then run it. See if that improves your luck.

Otherwise, let me know what anti-virus or spyware tools you may be running.

Thanks, I think I have it narrowed down to a .net issue. Went to update .net just to see whats up and that will not update, now it seems there is a can of worms I opened here, all my updates are fubar(d). Doing some rebuilding here. I am sure it's not your coding, but my .net. Just for the record, I7 2.8, 16 Gig Ram SSD HDD Windows 7 x64 ultimate, Nvidia 650ti, Bit Defender Free, turned all off and still just see a flash of a screen, looks like an error screen, but I cannot pause it o see.....

Thanks, I think I have it narrowed down to a .net issue. Went to update .net just to see whats up and that will not update, now it seems there is a can of worms I opened here, all my updates are fubar(d). Doing some rebuilding here. I am sure it's not your coding, but my .net. Just for the record, I7 2.8, 16 Gig Ram SSD HDD Windows 7 x64 ultimate, Nvidia 650ti, Bit Defender Free, turned all off and still just see a flash of a screen, looks like an error screen, but I cannot pause it o see.....

Oh that sounds like it's in rough shape. The Launcher does write a log here: %APPDATA%\..\Local\Temp\7D2DLauncher.txt

It sounds like it's failing even before it'd start recording though.