Zombies is About Hordes and Numbers

saoron666

If you want to accuse someone of defending, you can accuse me as I am defending Roland not defending horde sizes.  

okay had to check that made sense to me. 😁

If you look at Roland’s posts, it is clear he was explaining why the developers made the decisions they did on a game in early development.  He was not defending it, just providing context.  Context is key as it shows the logic and why decisions were made.

A good example of defending is actually debates.  Each person picks a side and defends or promotes that side, even if they don’t agree with it.  They minimize or gloss over the weaknesses and amplify the strengths.  If you read Roland’s posts, you can clearly see he was not glossing over the weaknesses of limiting the number of zombies.

If you look at the nuances in his posts, you can see the teacher in him giving us, the player base, some knowledge that we may or may not know.  I also wonder if people already drank from the poison well, and everything they see associated with TFP as being poison.

Edited by BFT2020
fixed some grammar mistakes (see edit history)

A White Knight is a pejorative term for a forum user that defends the developers at all costs. I brought it up because I thought it would be funny coming from me and also to rib Mega for being such an outspoken fanboy. ;) 

3 minutes ago, BFT2020 said:

I also wonder if people already drank from the poison well, and everything they see associated with TFP as being poison.

Not if they drank from this big bowl of koolaid I've got over here first!!!! lol (but really)

Edited by Roland (see edit history)

@BFT2020 My whole converstion before Roland popped in, was with Meganoth.

Point still stands, balancing the game for propably not even 5% of the playerbase isn´t a good idea imo. But we will see. I´d rather balance it for the majority and give players with weaker hardware the option to tune it down.

What i really don´t understand tough is why colours for building pieces are hard coded and not beeing able to be modded. I think someone said it´s also due to performance issues, not really sure there tough. But following that logic, overhauls shouldn´t be possible either. There is overhauls that hurt the performance pretty hard.

Edited by pApA^LeGBa (see edit history)

I agree with @pApA^LeGBa 100%
let them with weak computers tune it down! Look guys it’s year 2021 close to 2022, new Gen pcs been out for so long! majority of ppl playing with pcs have pretty decent rigs . With pci 4.0 and soon 5.0 and ddr5 rams and ddr6 vc everyone can run the game smoothly if they don’t go crazy with ultra details…my gf has a pc from work with i7 4th Gen and 16gb of ram plus a 200$ vc and we play together without any lag and it runs smoothly. Should change the settings permanently to much higher numbers of mobs and bring to live the world we playing in and let others drop the numbers if they running a 486 lol I have a i9 11th Gen , z590 godlike and 64gb ddr4 , m.2 2 tb Samsung and 1080ti …. I run the game max performance and max mobs 64 on bloodmoon and modified the numbers to 64 on all mobs in biomes… still running smoothly the game

Edited by Roland (see edit history)