Anyway to disable combat music ONLY but keep the rest?

Scyris

Is there someway to disable the combat music from playing with the dynamic music? I like the exploration stuff, but, I also like the fact if I am not careful zombies can sneak up on me, so due to this I kinda dislike the combat music because it alerts me to the presence of things I may not have known was there and removes some of the suspense from the game. Basically I just want the random explore/trader tracks to play only even during combat.

If I had to guess, you'd want to go into dmscontent.xml and look into the "Combat" configuration near the bottom. Possibly it's as easy as commenting that config out, though that could result in the normal Exploration music just coming to a halt when combat starts, which would still give you an obvious clue. Might need to try to rework it so that the Combat config just references the normal Exploration sound clips.

In theory you are correct that the combat music could clue you in to attacking zombies but in practice I can’t think of a time that this actually happened in a situation where I would have been unaware if not for the combat music. Has this really been occurring regularly for you or are you mostly concerned that it will happen as you prepare to play a new game?  

Has the combat music actually worked as a spoiler for everyone?  My situational awareness is not elite status and I’ve only super rarely been warned by the music in a way that I felt it was like a zombie awareness auto aim.  

My point is that most of the time I already knew about the zombies before the music started playing. I understand how the feature works. I was wondering if anyone actually feels like the jump scare they were hoping to experience got spoiled by the music. 

In other words I never hear the music and then start looking around wildly to find where the zombies are that are targeting me. But maybe that’s just me. 

I love the combat music. 

I also almost 100% of the time spot the zombies before the combat music starts, so it doesn't ruin the "surprise" for me.

However, i do enjoy the fact that when combat music ends on horde night, the horde is indeed over and not stuck somewhere. While the "all clear" music may be a bit cheaty, i appreciate the extra time to get the looting done and scout out how much damage was done to my horde base.