is it possible to set really not (or late) bloodmoon alert ?

elwooood

Hi,

I really enjoy playing with random blood (freq set to 1 and range to 10). I disable the red alert but, I always have the storm a 18:00 (and with integration it turn to bloodmoon mode at 19:00).

I look everywhere but I see nothing about that. Is it possible to make the storm appear at 21 (and integration too) ?

I like random horde nights with warnings turned off too...  with 2 to 4 settings.

I used to play 1 to 4....  but after getting 4 horde nights in a row.... i wanted a night off...lol.

But I'm not aware of anyway to turn off / change the storm warning though.

No mods available for it but hopefully it will appear later as an option or in the 1 mod to rule them all.

hope this option will appear.

I already have 4 in a row but only one time.

If you want, you can use the setgamestat bloodmoonday when you want a day off (or use a settime command, this will reroll the bloodmoonday range). You need to know the day but you can have a break with it ;)

If you are running a dedicated server there is an option for this.

<property name="BloodMoonWarning"                value="8" />                <!-- The Hour number that the red day number begins on a blood moon day. Setting this to -1 makes the red never show.  -->

1 hour ago, SylenThunder said:

If you are running a dedicated server there is an option for this.

<property name="BloodMoonWarning"                value="8" />                <!-- The Hour number that the red day number begins on a blood moon day. Setting this to -1 makes the red never show.  -->

That looks like it affects the UI, but the OP was asking about the storm, e.g. the thunder and lightning effects that also serve as a warning.

If there is no way to remove the storm warning, is there a way to increase them? Maybe if it happens 2 or 3 times during the week players will get comfortable with them and not realize what day it is.

I remember one of first time I heard that thunder. Was so loud it scared the crap out of me. :D

I've had regular thunderstorms surprise me before. Quick! Check the day number, is it red?!?

Maybe changing the precip thresholds in biomes.xml could cause more frequent regular storms, but it'd be odd to monkey with it enough so it worked in all the biomes. Don't want a bunch of storms in the desert, probably.