Any Chance for getting a bloodfree function?

Frontjunky

My son, he play very like zombie games and now he saw what i play and he ask me for playing a multiplayer 7d2D with me. The problem is, he is  12 years old and the game is horrible full of exploding bodyparts, blood all arround and really crazy. He say that he saw much harder on tube or TV.....really? Ok, should he wait now 6 years or is there a chance to get here a cut version of the game?

We need not exploding heads or a loose of a arms. If you can disarm this bloody moments there should be a moment where i can allow him to play with me, but in this original way of game i do not want to see his next dreams!

Edited by Frontjunky (see edit history)

An uncut version is pretty unlikely, given that in order to make that TFP would have to: 1, change all zombie textures to not show blood or gore (which might require changing the model entirely); 2, find a way to make the dismemberment mechanic visible while not displaying gore.

that’s a really tall order for a game that was always intended for an M rating.

20 hours ago, ShellHead said:

An uncut version is pretty unlikely, given that in order to make that TFP would have to: 1, change all zombie textures to not show blood or gore (which might require changing the model entirely); 2, find a way to make the dismemberment mechanic visible while not displaying gore.

that’s a really tall order for a game that was always intended for an M rating.

And the blood isn't the only problem. Seeing getting eaten by zombies might also induce nightmares.

Eventually a modder might get the idea to make a fun mod that replaces every zombie with bunnies or wild sandwiches, like in other modable games, but that will take time.

I would not recommend this game to anyone immature unless blood becomes green with some modification, no gore option, and no flesh flying across the screen.

I would rather have a mature feel to the vanilla game as it is now 🤘. No gore in the game could be an option though. 7DTD is a 3D zombie game so 🤷‍♂️...