no desert biome? random world gen!

thornnnn

quite  few hours in.. and there is no desert biome..   so no vehicals  once i shred all the cars.  come on devs.. what kind of **** is this.   at least let us make gas from alcohol.  You finally gave me something to HATE about 7d2d.  With a PASSION!

you need to code in that every start is within view of a desert.. cus the game is broken without a desert.. and we can just quit and reroll if no desert.  every other biome we cn do without.. but not the desert.

A few hours only? So i guess you have not uncovered the whole map yet. How can you say that there is no desert?

Where is the fun i you have everything important in view range directly from start? Explore the map. You can loot enough gas from car wrecks to explore. And if you are short on gas, conserve it. That's what the game is about: Dealing with what you have, not wishing to have everything easily.

You can also "cheat". Go into the directory where your maps are saved. Open "GeneratedWorlds", then open the folder with your map name. There is a biomes.png. There you can see where a desert is (and/or at least make sure that there is really none).

Edited by Liesel Weppen (see edit history)

1 hour ago, thornnnn said:

quite  few hours in.. and there is no desert biome..   so no vehicals  once i shred all the cars.  come on devs.. what kind of **** is this.   at least let us make gas from alcohol.  You finally gave me something to HATE about 7d2d.  With a PASSION!

you need to code in that every start is within view of a desert.. cus the game is broken without a desert.. and we can just quit and reroll if no desert.  every other biome we cn do without.. but not the desert.

In life, one time I continuously explored world in Minecraft in hope of finding a desert, but I couldn't. The scale of the open world was very impressive, but there was not a single desert. After that, I threw it because I needed cacti to create liquid pipes

1 hour ago, thornnnn said:

FYI - my last playthrough I got to Day 125 without mining in the desert for shale, even though I knew where it was.  

Edited by BFT2020
removed negativity (see edit history)

2 hours ago, thornnnn said:

why don’t you tell me your map seed and mape size?  I will rwg it and see if there is no desert.  I bet there is one.  The only time I have seen maps with no desert biomes were NitroGen ones where desert biomes were intentionally removed.